A Community for Brides Planning their Wedding in Australia

mands_82
I just love to talk
I just love to talk
Topic Author

Navy bridesmaid dress

Tue Feb 24, 2009 9:18 pm

Hi ladies - I really want my BMs to wear navy but I have reservations due to our wedding being in winter (our photos will be in the late afternoon some post sunset) that the colour will be too dark against the back drop and the GM suits.

Is anyone able to share any pics they have of BMs wearing navy / dark blue or does anyone have any opinions on the colour?

Dandelion
Queen Of My Castle
Queen Of My Castle

Re: Navy bridesmaid dress

Tue Feb 24, 2009 9:31 pm

I don't have any decent photos, but when I was MoH for my friend I wore a darkish blue dress.

The boys wore pinstripe suits with matching blue shirts and contrasting ties. I don't think we looked too dark and the photographer loved the colour, he said it really made the photos 'pop'.

Really awful photo sorry:

meag
I WILL wear my dress!
I WILL wear my dress!

Tue Feb 24, 2009 9:37 pm

StephMT
Can't wait to set a date
Can't wait to set a date

Tue Feb 24, 2009 9:42 pm

I'd have to say I'm partial to navy as I wore it to my skool formal, it was only 2 and a bt years ago so dont panic. I think its a really classic colour that will never be out of stlye. My dress was a mr K so a simple design in standard colour. Our school formal was in winter and late afternoon/evening. I know a formal is nothing like a wedding but some ppl took it like that. Here's how it looked anyway

mrscampbell
Domestic Goddess
Domestic Goddess

Tue Feb 24, 2009 10:56 pm

meag wrote:

I sure did!

here's a better pic:

And after sunset (they still looked navy, not too dark)

chicken_licken
I just love to talk
I just love to talk

Tue Feb 24, 2009 11:35 pm

My bridesmaid dress wasn't navy as such, but it was a dark blue:

morethantacos
I need a title
I need a title

Wed Feb 25, 2009 10:32 am

I'm having my bridesmaids in navy as well. I've found dresses in Myer and Events so far but we haven't purchased. I think it's a great colour but I'm probably biased :)

Tashybabe
I just love to talk
I just love to talk

Wed Feb 25, 2009 4:14 pm

I love navy - it's such a classy colour and is very good for Winter. It's often difficult to get navy shoes, but maybe you can use a contrasting colour (like hot pink?)

It goes with so many other colours too - orange, pink, red, white/ivory, silver, even green.

Complementory suits are variations of grey - charcoal to light grey - or navy. Not sure black & navy go well together.

http://wedding.theknot.com/bridal-fashi ... ories.aspx

http://myrealwedding.theknot.com/photo/ ... n-Heaven-3

Image Image Image

Image Image Image

kathya
blue eyed bride
blue eyed bride

Wed Feb 25, 2009 4:22 pm

Unfortunately I don't have a photo on my computer but we wore navy dresses for my sister's wedding they were very dark to the point my dad thought they were black but once we added our accessories and some bright coloured flowers (we used orange, yellow, pink roses) it bought out the colour even more. I definitely don't think navy is dark especially if you lighten it up with other colours.

mands_82
I just love to talk
I just love to talk
Topic Author

Wed Feb 25, 2009 8:53 pm

Thanks so much girls, this was the reassurance I was after! Navy BM dresses are definitely the way to go. Love the pics too, so thank you all!
GZIP: On | Load: 0.14