A Community for Brides Planning their Wedding in Australia

countrygal
Topic Author

Wedding Day Fragrance

Sat Mar 07, 2009 3:27 pm

I'd like to get a new perfume to wear on my wedding day (so that when I smell it in the future it will always remind me of the day :heart: ). Anyone else do this? If so, what fragrances and were you happy with your choice? I want something that lasts on the skin but isn't too overpowering. :?:

I am also thinking about buying my BMs a miniature perfume as part of their gift - something that compliments mine. Any ideas? I'm not 100% sure about this as peoples fragrance preference can vary greatly. :e_think:

Ideas and opinions appreciated ...

rusty22

Re: Wedding Day Fragrance

Sat Mar 07, 2009 3:38 pm

deleted
Last edited by rusty22 on Sun Apr 05, 2009 11:01 am, edited 1 time in total.

juicyblue
I just love to talk
I just love to talk

Sat Mar 07, 2009 3:45 pm

I am such a perfume addict, it's ridiculous!

Some of my favourite's are...

Ralph Lauren, Notorious
Lancome, Magnifique
Estee Lauder, Beyond Paradise

A really pretty one for your wedding day, would be Ralph Lauren, Romance. It's quite subtle and elegant smelling... if that make's sense!

Angel or or Wish, are pretty and very sweet.

Some deep, sultry one's are Opium & J Del Pozo In Black.

There's a BEAUTIFUL Nina Ricci one too, but I've lost the name of it. It'll come to me, I'm sure..

jaynage
I survived and got married

Sat Mar 07, 2009 3:48 pm

I did this, and without fail whenever I wear the perfume it brings back memories of the day :D My fragrance was Vera Wang - Bouquet.

As for your idea for the BM fragrance as a gift, it's a nice idea, but people have very different preferences when it comes to scents. Over the years I have amassed quite a collection of fragrances that were given to me as gifts, and unfortunately I really don't like any of them, so I don't wear them, which is a bit of a waste. A better idea is to collect some testers/samples of fragrances in the little vials (ask at the perfume counter at Myer or DJs), and let your girls choose from them. I did this for my 5 BMs, and each of them was able to pick something that they loved for the day. In fact, two of them have gone on to buy the fragrance they used on my wedding day, because they loved the tester so much. As a bonus, the vials are small enough to be carried around on the day if you have a bag/clutch. Just a suggestion :)

flatkenzi
I just love to talk
I just love to talk

Sat Mar 07, 2009 4:14 pm

im wearing Miss Dior Cherie :heart: :heart: :heart:

spinkle
Wedded bliss
Wedded bliss

Sat Mar 07, 2009 5:30 pm

I'll be wearing Viktor & Rolf- Flowerbomb. I already own it but it is my favourite and definately wedding appropriate :D

arialia
Mrs Le'Roy
Mrs Le'Roy

Sat Mar 07, 2009 7:22 pm

I love Jette by Joop, but ended up wearing 'Eternity' by Calvin Klein :) It was gorgeous and I thought more appropriate for the day :D

bessiebroadarse

Sat Mar 07, 2009 7:31 pm

My Mum has bought me Vera Wang Princess
When she gave it to me she said "every Bride deserves a bit of Vera Wang on her wedding day and if you can't wear one of her frocks at least you can wear one of her fragrences"
It's so beautiful....

jezzandjo
I need a title
I need a title

Sat Mar 07, 2009 7:34 pm

juicyblue wrote:

A really pretty one for your wedding day, would be Ralph Lauren, Romance. It's quite subtle and elegant smelling... if that make's sense!

I love Ralph Lauren's Romance. Ive been wearing it for the last 4 yrs or so. Ill be wearing that on the day :D

Heavenly Melody
Cheeky Cherub
Cheeky Cherub

Sat Mar 07, 2009 7:48 pm

I bought Lovely, very subtle and feminine. :D

missk1
I just love to talk
I just love to talk

Sat Mar 07, 2009 7:55 pm

jezzandjo wrote:
juicyblue wrote:

I love Ralph Lauren's Romance. Ive been wearing it for the last 4 yrs or so. Ill be wearing that on the day :D

There is a new variation of romance it is called romance Always Yours, it's really nice. You can tell it has the base of romance with a touch of something else and "Always Yours" is very wedding appropriate too.

Pinklotus
I just love to talk
I just love to talk

Sat Mar 07, 2009 8:21 pm

bessiebroadarse wrote:
My Mum has bought me Vera Wang Princess
When she gave it to me she said "every Bride deserves a bit of Vera Wang on her wedding day and if you can't wear one of her frocks at least you can wear one of her fragrences"
It's so beautiful....

that is such a cute thing to say!!

wishuponastar
Forever is a long time
Forever is a long time

Sat Mar 07, 2009 8:26 pm

I'm wearing deep red hugo boss, I smelt it at my MOH's house one day and fell in love with it, she surprised me with it after she went overseas.

jezzandjo
I need a title
I need a title

Sat Mar 07, 2009 8:37 pm

missk1 wrote:
jezzandjo wrote:
juicyblue wrote:

There is a new variation of romance it is called romance Always Yours, it's really nice. You can tell it has the base of romance with a touch of something else and "Always Yours" is very wedding appropriate too.

ohh really, thanks. Will have to check it out next time Im at the shops :D

nikeedee
Queen of the Desert
Queen of the Desert

Sat Mar 07, 2009 9:04 pm

I wore D'eau by Issey Miyake. I bought it way before the wedding, its not the scent I wear everyday, but something I always wear when DH and I go out, just the two of us. It now reminds me of our wedding day ! :D

I bought a bottle of Forever and Ever by Christian Dior duty free before leaving on our honeymoon. That would have become my wedding day fragrance had I discovered it earlier. I love it ! But it now reminds me of our honeymoon, and I dont wear that one every day either.

I think though you need to test fragrances out well in advance of your wedding day, as what smells great on me might smell terrible on you ! ANd get FHs opinion too. You dont want him to hate the way you smell.

ETA: I bought the body lotion to go with my D'eau and my scent lasted all day. I did take a small bottle of my perfume with me but I didnt need it. :D

matildamuffin
I need a title
I need a title

Sat Mar 07, 2009 9:29 pm

I bought Very Valentino which smells divine. I can't wait to wear it and then take it on honeymoon with me!

carly_s
I just love to talk
I just love to talk

Sat Mar 07, 2009 10:05 pm

Sorry girls, im not up for the public scrutinising what i write. PM me if u want to keep in touch through the planning process. Best of luck!
Last edited by carly_s on Sun Apr 05, 2009 6:52 pm, edited 1 time in total.

possum86
Vintage Beauty
Vintage Beauty

Sun Mar 08, 2009 8:27 am

Im either wearing flowerbomb by viktor & rolf or daisy by mark jacobs.. Still yet to decide, I bought both of them and havnt been wearing them so not too sure yet but definately one of them.

pinkprincess85
I just love to talk
I just love to talk

Sun Mar 08, 2009 10:46 am

I will definitely be wearing Ralph Lauren Romance on my wedding day. FH bought me this perfume when we first got together and each time it is running out he buys me a replacement. :heart:

cin
Devine Vintage Bride
Devine Vintage Bride

Sun Mar 08, 2009 1:45 pm

I wore Chanel coco madamoilselle (Spelling) its divine and brings back so many memories i love it FH brought it for me before the wedding he knew it was my fav but more than most so he said i could have it for the wedding day i love it! :heart: :D
GZIP: On | Load: 0.02