A Community for Brides Planning their Wedding in Australia

kimberlina81
I survived and got married

Re: Wedding Day Fragrance

Sun Mar 08, 2009 3:46 pm

I really like my 'going out' perfume but it is not a soft and subtle one - Black XS by Paco Rabanne. So I am not sure. There are quite a few good deals on Deals Direct on perfume - who happen to having a sale for today only - free postage if you pay with paypal. I like SJP Lovely, among others.... It is my birthday on Thursday so I am supposed to be getting some for my birthday if I could decide which one I would like to get!! :roll:

Allicat9
Lost the Golden Garter
Lost the Golden Garter

Tue Mar 10, 2009 9:38 am

I wore Ralph Lauren - Romance, just perfect.

I also bought DH Armani Mania to wear on the day - omg everytime he wears it.... *sigh* :heart: :heart: :heart:

One thing to keep in mind when choosing a wedding day perfume is how long you will be able to get it for. I chose Ralph Lauren because it's a classic and it will be around forever - DH will be able to keep buying it for me for years to come. Some of the star one's go in and out of fashion and after a few years you can't buy them anymore. I want to have the scent that reminds me of my wedding day forever!!

MrsKo2b

Tue Mar 10, 2009 9:54 am

I'm wearing sculpture by Nikos.

Pinklotus
I just love to talk
I just love to talk

Tue Mar 10, 2009 9:57 am

I currently use Miracle and Angel...

what other fragrances do you think I would like?

I would love to get a special one for the wedding day..

Scrappysuzuki
Missus H
Missus H

Tue Mar 10, 2009 10:23 am

We both had a wedding day scent. Both of us got Vera Wang, his and hers :D We went to a wedding on the weekend that was next door to where we got married and it added that extra bit of :heart: :heart: :heart: :D

jazzie
♥ His Chook ♥
♥ His Chook ♥

Tue Mar 10, 2009 11:23 am

flatkenzi wrote:
im wearing Miss Dior Cherie :heart: :heart: :heart:

Me too! I love it!!! and FH will wear armani mania

Palm Cove Bride
I need a title
I need a title

Tue Mar 10, 2009 11:27 am

I wanted a new fragrance that I hadnt worn before as my wedding day fragrance. I love so many perfumes so it took a while to work out which one. I got samples from the shops of the perfumes that I though would be appropriate that I liked. I too wanted something that would last all day but not be too overpowering. I got FH to smell them as well (after I narrowed down the choices a bit). Of course he said some of them smelt like fly spray :) . We both picked the same perfume - Estee Lauder Pleasures Delight. I got it in a pack with the body lotion and shower gel and the scent lasted all day. I also had a little sample of it too but didnt end up using it.
I love wearing it especially for hubby to remind us of our beautiful tropical wedding.

As for getting a perfume for your BMs I agree with the other girls - its such a personal thing that you should let them pick a perfume for themselves.

juicyblue
I just love to talk
I just love to talk

Tue Mar 10, 2009 11:38 am

Pinklotus wrote:
I currently use Miracle and Angel...

what other fragrances do you think I would like?

I would love to get a special one for the wedding day..

Hi pinklotus, if you like Angel, try wish, it's quite nice but very, very similar. Somthing that's slightly different but still has a pretty deep, sweet smell is Gucci "Envy Me" or that Elizabeth Arden one that Catherine Zeta-Jones was the face for - was it provocative? I can't remember!

craigs girl
The Bandit
The Bandit

Tue Mar 10, 2009 11:43 am

juicyblue wrote:
A really pretty one for your wedding day, would be Ralph Lauren, Romance. It's quite subtle and elegant smelling... if that make's sense!

Im wearing Romance on my wedding day. It is without a doubt my fave perfume of all time.

FebBride09
old member new name
old member new name

Tue Mar 10, 2009 1:27 pm

>>>
Last edited by FebBride09 on Sun Apr 05, 2009 9:37 am, edited 1 time in total.

flutterbye

Tue Mar 10, 2009 1:37 pm

Last edited by flutterbye on Sun Apr 05, 2009 6:38 pm, edited 1 time in total.

missbexie
♥ Proud mum to beautiful Charlotte ♥

Tue Mar 10, 2009 1:55 pm

I will def be wearing Gucci Envy Me... It is the most amazing perfum I have ever smelt in my life!!!
It's the pink one not the green one. I would suggest smelling it, very romantic scent!

mardilea
I just love to talk
I just love to talk

Tue Mar 10, 2009 4:41 pm

flutterbye wrote:
I don't wear perfume everyday but do wear it on special occasions. DH had taken me perfume shopping a few months before the wedding and bought me Daisy by Mark Jacobs, which was fitting as gerbera daisies were one of the flowers I'd chosen to be in my bouquet. I've worn it a few times since the wedding and each time I put it on, it takes me back to our wedding day. :heart:

SNAP!! I don't wear Mark Jacobs Daisy but I have bought it for the wedding, I love the smell. I'm also having gerbera's in my bouquet and thought that it tied in well!!!

krisfred371

Tue Mar 10, 2009 7:18 pm

Hi,
I wanted to have a new perfume that I haven't worn before so that I smelt special just for the day. I have absolutely fallen in love with Narciso Rodriguez for her. I have to hold myself back from wearing it because I love the smell so much. It smells a lot like Monsoon which was my favourite perfume before you couldn't buy it anymore. It was just my luck that it was the most expensive perfume at Myer (I bought it on ebay :lol: )

countrygal
Topic Author

Fri Mar 27, 2009 10:35 pm

Heya, thanks for the ideas gals.

I ended up going to the Myer counter and getting some advice and sprays of a few on the skin. Then (after spending too much money at the Estee Lauder counter and Lingerie department) went back and ended up buying Prada!! Its devine, so different and 'grown up'. Lasts well on the skin. And the lovely man who helped gave me a free box of Prada mini fragrances (because I bought the large EDP AND body cream), so I might give the minis to my BMs if they like them.

missbexie

Fri Mar 27, 2009 11:14 pm

Prada is gorgeous!!
It's cool they gave you the mini set!

countrygal
Topic Author

Sat Mar 28, 2009 9:11 am

Yeah, the guy was waaaaay nice! I forgot to mention, he also gave me a free Prada mini lip balm set - has 9 mini PRADA lip gloss in it!!!!! And the freebie fragrance gift had 5 Prada mini fragrances (5!!!). So I'm going to give some of them to bridesmaids. ... And keep the rest :D

It was the MYER near QVB in Sydney CBD. I went back about 4 times that day to get different squirts. Lol, he probably gave me the freebies just to get me to make a decision!!!! :lol:

charbear
I just love to talk
I just love to talk

Sat Mar 28, 2009 9:19 am

Someone told me there was a cherry blossom perfume, can't remember who, think I will need to go through my S&T and find out BUT I've hunted EVERYWHERE and I can't find it! Its online but I'm not paying almost $300 if I don't like it!

Any one smelt it before or know where I can get it?

missbexie

Sat Mar 28, 2009 1:12 pm

Don't you love the power of freebies???
Hahaha

Princess B2B

Sat Apr 04, 2009 11:48 pm

Ladies, I work in the fragrance department at David Jones and my wedding day perfume suggestions are:
Ralph Lauren Romance, Chloe by Chloe, anything from Vera Wang, SJP Lovely or Pure Bloom, Jadore or Miss Dior Cherie by Christian Dior or anything from Marc Jacobs especially Daisy.
I hope this helps! xoxox
Im still trying to decide between Chloe and Jadore!
GZIP: On | Load: 0.16