A Community for Brides Planning their Wedding in Australia

Frazz
Topic Author

Opinions wanted on music

Fri Mar 27, 2009 10:37 pm

Hi girls,

I want to know if this is a silly idea or not (love posts that start that way :P ) I really love music (am completely tone deaf) but love the power of it and the emotion it brings when you associate it with an event. For our bon bons we are making guests a CD of songs played at the wedding...
This is the potentially wacko part- I am thinking about asking guests to include on their RSVP their "our song for Freya and Andrew" so then on the back of the CD list the song and who "gave" it to us. We will play them throughout the night and might be a nice way and possibly funny way (waiting for someone to suggest Baby got Back- as long as it's not my Grandpa, I should be able to cope :lol: ) of seeing how people view us and breaking the ice between guests. Not sure if this is too mushy or will make guests feel arkward... :?

What do you think girls- would love to know!

countrygal

Re: Opinions wanted on music

Fri Mar 27, 2009 10:42 pm

I think its a GREAT idea!!! As the songs are played through the night, guests will get excited because its 'their' song they 'gave' you. Of course, do realise that a lot of people might not take it seriously or might not do it at all. But thats possibly good because (depending on how many guests you have), there may be too many songs to fill a CD if everyone did reply. But definately a great and unique idea (IMO)!!

*danni*
Grow old along with me the best is yet to be
Grow old along with me the best is yet to be

Fri Mar 27, 2009 10:43 pm

/
Last edited by *danni* on Sun Apr 05, 2009 10:57 am, edited 1 time in total.

Frazz
Topic Author

Fri Mar 27, 2009 10:54 pm

Wow girls thanks for the quick replys

He He- feel free I have stolen soooo much stuff from WC- without it there is a good chance there would be me in my work gear at Maccas around the corner saying i do 8O

I should have said at the start thae we are oly havig 20 guests- which will be about 14 RSVP's so they should all fit with our 1st dance, isle song etc :bdance:
GZIP: On | Load: 0.08