A Community for Brides Planning their Wedding in Australia

Dasiy
Topic Author

low Cut Dress help!

Fri Apr 24, 2009 8:29 pm

hi

I found a dress i love today but there is one problem I am quite big busted a H cup and the dress i want is low cut at the front and quite low at the back. Does anyone know any where that sells Bras that are suitable for this. or does anyone have any ideas on how i could fix the problem.
this is the dress
http://www.henrijosef.com.au/search-dre ... -86586.php

thanks
H

BhoysGirl

Re: low Cut Dress help!

Fri Apr 24, 2009 9:05 pm

Daisy, I'm absolutely no help on the bra front, but I do think that it's a really gorgeous dress.
cheers

Dasiy
Topic Author

Fri Apr 24, 2009 9:15 pm

thanks BhoysGirl.
I love it as well! :D

Dandelion
Queen Of My Castle
Queen Of My Castle

Fri Apr 24, 2009 9:37 pm

Gorgeous dress, but I hate to say it hun, but you'll probably be better swith something boned/corset style. It probably won't be what you want though. I'm DD and I wouldn't be game to wear something that low...but then again I'm not as confident about my breasts either, I'm a sports bra type of girl most of the time :lol:

Dasiy
Topic Author

Fri Apr 24, 2009 9:47 pm

thanks Dandelion. i am starting to think the same thing although i have found some bras that are for bigger sizes that are lower at the back so i was thinking maybe i can get them to add some lace to the back to cover up the strap?

I think we need another trip in to talk to the dress ladys again!

H

bridalicious
I need a title
I need a title

Fri Apr 24, 2009 9:49 pm

I'm a double G and I wear dresses with that type of bustline all of the time. It is very flattering and you are able to wear a wider strap bra which offers better support. You can get lots of bras for bigger breasts with low cut cups, google "big girls don't cry anymore" in Brisbane. They stock an enormous range of fabulous bras for women with big breasts.

With your dress I would be more concerned about the back as the front isn't that low at all. I would probably be looking for a modesty piece, or a lace insert or something, maybe even some sort of ribbon detail. Long flowing hair might help too, ditto a veil. I do know there are special bras for low backs but i doubt they would provide the support you need for the front if you know what I mean.

Dandelion
Queen Of My Castle
Queen Of My Castle

Fri Apr 24, 2009 9:54 pm

Whoops, I just realised my comment didn't make much sense - when I said I wouldn't wear something that low I meant at the back not the front. The front is fine (I'm the same, I have a few tops in that style, love it) but the back needs a modest panel I think to be able to wear a supportive strapless bra.

bridalicious
I need a title
I need a title

Fri Apr 24, 2009 10:13 pm

Dasiy
Topic Author

Fri Apr 24, 2009 10:15 pm

thanks for your help girls i will talk to the dress lady about getting a panel in it.
I will let you know how i go.
the lady is trying to talk me into a custom made one but its quite a bit more expensive then buying it and altering it.

thanks again
H

bridalicious
I need a title
I need a title

Fri Apr 24, 2009 10:18 pm

katw
I just love to talk
I just love to talk

Fri Apr 24, 2009 11:26 pm

Freya make a good plunge bra that would be okay from the front under that dress - but the back would be too low cut. I also have plunge bras by Panache (purchased from overseas) and Triumph; but I prefer the fit of the Freya one. I'm not sure if it goes to a H cup though, I think it may stop at a G.

kyliemartin79
Lady K
Lady K

Fri Apr 24, 2009 11:59 pm

I think its a gorgeous dress, and it will look lovely on you :D But gosh you girls must find it hard to find lingerie I thought it was bad enough being an Aust size six, and a 10C...

Dasiy
Topic Author

Sat Apr 25, 2009 10:45 am

thanks for all your help girls Its a good excuse to go Shopping for Bras!
WAHOO.
i am going to ask if they can put a lace panel across the back to cover up the bra strap.

Thanks Agian
H

countrygal

Sun Apr 26, 2009 9:31 pm

STUNNING DRESS!!!! Love it!

And I think the front would be super flattering for a bigger bust and the bag is just a tiny bit sexy. I would be avoiding the modesty panel if you can - the low back adds so much extra pazazz to the dress. If you have time, look for a suitable bra first. I think some bras can have the back pulled really low... Not sure if they come in GG though...

Gorgeous dress though. Either way (modesty panel or suitable bra), I think the dress will suit a bigger bust than most other styles. Good luck!

kyliemartin79
Lady K
Lady K

Sun Apr 26, 2009 10:17 pm

I agree with Countrygirl that the back is the main feature of the dress, and I think its not that low to require a modesty panel, I just love the dress though. And I think with those dresses with thicker straps and V neck style are quite supportive, again good luck :D
GZIP: On | Load: 0.13