A Community for Brides Planning their Wedding in Australia

Bridetobe_weee!
Topic Author

Uninviting a guest, help!

Sat Apr 25, 2009 11:02 am

Hi all,

Need some help about a sticky situation. There's a girl that I'm not too fond of, I can only tolerate her if I deal with her in small bits but she's very shallow and annoying if I spend lots of time with her. For example when I spoke about my engagement party she commented on how it's a good way to see who are the cheap guests are! WTH, I never asked for gifts and will be grateful to anyone that shows up! We have a lot of mutual friends so I see her quite often at birthdays, gatherings, etc. Unfortunately I'm a bit soft hearted and felt pressured to invite her to my engagement party in July since I knew I'd be seeing her beforehand and all our mutual friends are invited.

My wedding is more than a year away but how do I avoid inviting her to the wedding? I really don't want someone like her there on my special day. Or should I find out some way to uninvite her to the engagement party? Really regret not sticking to my guns in the first place :(

GorgeousGiggles
Aaron's Future Wife
Aaron's Future Wife

Re: Uninviting a guest, help!

Sat Apr 25, 2009 11:12 am

We invited ppl to our engagement party that arent invited to our wedding. Just dont send her an invite when you are inviting people to your wedding.

wenji
I just love to talk
I just love to talk

Sat Apr 25, 2009 11:52 am

Same, we had a very random engagement party - organized it in 5 days and invited everyone we knew. However, obviously we couldn't invite them all to the wedding party. I think most people would understand the limitations these days.

Scrappysuzuki
Missus H
Missus H

Sat Apr 25, 2009 3:14 pm

Just dont invite her and from now on distance yourself from her.

Jadey

Sat Apr 25, 2009 6:12 pm

FH and I both discussed that we think the Engagement party is a fantastic time to invite everyone along to party with us. But unfortunately $$$ don't go as far at the wedding, so not everyone at our engagement party will be at our wedding at all.

I think most people understand that a wedding invitation is a true honour these days. I know when my MOH and one of my BM's got engaged I didn't "expect" an invite from either of them despite how close we were. When I got one I was damn excited though :mrgreen:

Jadey :)

countrygal

Sun Apr 26, 2009 9:24 pm

Last edited by countrygal on Tue Jun 09, 2009 9:26 pm, edited 1 time in total.

alwayz_shopping
Straddie Super Bride
Straddie Super Bride

Sun Apr 26, 2009 10:17 pm

An invite to an engagement doesn't equal invite to wedding IMO. Plus alot could change in the time between now and your wedding and it may not even be an issue by then. Good Luck but I wouldn't stress too much.
GZIP: On | Load: 0.49