A Community for Brides Planning their Wedding in Australia

sams86
Lady DIY
Lady DIY
Topic Author

Wholesale Jeweller?

Wed May 13, 2009 11:15 am

Can anyone give me some names of wholesale jewellers? Do they operate online or in store? Ive only just heard of them and I want to look into it but google is coming up with nothing in australia.

Thanks girls,
Sam.

Mrs Mel
Formerly known as homestead brides
Formerly known as homestead brides

Re: Wholesale Jeweller?

Wed May 13, 2009 11:22 am

Duosheng have whoesale wedding jewellery, if this helps...

sams86
Lady DIY
Lady DIY
Topic Author

Wed May 13, 2009 11:29 am

nah i mean wholesale diamond and gold ring jewellers. Im looking for cheaper wedding bands rather than going through a an independant or chain jewellers.

SpArKLy_StAr
I just love to talk
I just love to talk

Wed May 13, 2009 1:21 pm

I actually found that wholesalers were more expensive than chains - but it depends on the type of diamonds you want in your ring.

Reason being, our wholesaler charged us a flat fee on a band - regardless of how many diamonds etc. The savings we would've made would have been on the diamonds..... So with FH's, it was cheaper to go chain, but mine was made anyway because it needed to fit round my engagement ring.

Does that make sense?

jemima23
I just love to talk
I just love to talk

Wed May 13, 2009 1:24 pm

I know one in Melb - but no help to you... other thing to try would be independent jewellery stores that make/repair their own stuff...

SpecialKK
♥ Love being Mrs B ♥
♥ Love being Mrs B ♥

Wed May 13, 2009 1:25 pm

Try Jogia diamonds. FH bought my engagement ring diamond through them, then designed and got the ring made though them as well. We will be going back to them to get our wedders. We have been told that my e-ring would be valued a lot more than what we paid for it!

katw
I just love to talk
I just love to talk

Wed May 13, 2009 2:43 pm

We purchased my diamond online through Diamond Exchange. We didn't have any problems with them, however I recently had another look at their prices and they seem to have gone up quite a bit (not sure if this is still the case). It was set by a jeweller in Sydney.

Jogia Diamonds is another reputable online dealer with a good selection of stones. They also give you a lot of information before you buy - a lot more than Diamond Exchange offer (you have to specifically request certificates from them and you can't get any further info easily). Those were the only two Australian dealers I really considered; if we hadn't found anything there we would probably have purchased from the USA. Given the exchange rate at the moment though, the savings you would make by doing this would probably not be significant.

jep84
I just love to talk
I just love to talk

Wed May 13, 2009 4:46 pm

I purchased my E-ring through Diamond Exchange. They were really great to deal with to. My ring has been valued at over double what I paid for it....

I rang them & told them what I wanted in a ring - 3 stones, size, colour, cut, clarity & then a lady flew to Brisbane (she was doing work in the Brisbane Office) with the Diamonds. I picked out my diamonds & then 3 weeks later I had the ring couriered to me.

I am thinking whether to go with them for my wedder - not sure whether I can part with my ring for 3 months & the savings are as good since it is a fixed price $1650 for the setting in platium....

shellagirl
I survived and got married
I survived and got married

Wed May 13, 2009 5:31 pm

My wholesaler was the same. Flat price for the ring, but much cheaper for the diamonds. Though we still went through him for our wedding bands, because though we probably could have gotten them as cheap through a chain store, the rings are hand made and look so much nicer.

kristen_86
Princess Kristen
Princess Kristen

Thu May 14, 2009 11:40 pm

Yep I agree while the wholesaler is great for diamonds, they can be a bit more exxy with bands due to the fixed price. But we went through our the same wholesale jeweller for our wedders, and it worked out about the same as retail (but with better quality diamonds).

bride2b&mumof3
I just love to talk
I just love to talk

Fri May 15, 2009 3:55 pm

I came across this site a few months ago http://www.bidz.com not sure what they are like to buy from or anything but worth a look.
GZIP: On | Load: 0.37