A Community for Brides Planning their Wedding in Australia

lili 2010
I just love to talk
I just love to talk
Topic Author

Haircomb recommendations pls

Thu May 21, 2009 10:42 am

Has anyone found any nice haircombs they can recommend. I already bought a fascinator (I have attached the photo but mine has pale pink/cream roses and some pink crystals) but am having second thoughts. I will be wearing simple pearl jewellry and here is my dress-
erez.jpg

Is it ok to have pale pink if perhaps nothing else is pink? Maybe I could carry pale pink roses...

Would a pearl or diamonte haircomb look nicer? I've seen a few but am not sure it is bridal enough, given my very simple dress?

Any thoughts?

carly_buttons
Done and dusted
Done and dusted

Re: Haircomb recommendations pls

Thu May 21, 2009 11:41 am

I think the fascinator looks nice! Perhaps you could add some netting to it? I think as it is, creates a very classy look

kerryn
Maxi's Missus
Maxi's Missus

Thu May 21, 2009 11:53 am

What are you looking to spend? The couture bridal store I got mine from have a huge range of combs and facinators, but they start from around $200. Great quality though.

clouds
I survived and got married
I survived and got married

Fri May 22, 2009 10:47 am

I would want to tie the colour in to the rest of my outfit if I were you. Maybe flowers, or shoes, or a corsage. The fascinator itself is great and you will be a very classy, elegant bride by the look of your dress. It's very bridal, don't worry! You don't need a dress with a three tier hoop to be bridal and I think you've chosen your fascinator to suit your style and dress, the look you want. 8)
If you wanted you could sew a few pearl looking beads onto the fascinator??? That would tie in the pearls.

MissChookz
Finally a MRS!!
Finally a MRS!!

Fri May 22, 2009 10:56 am

I love the fasicnator... I think they add a lot to a simple dress. But up to you.

If you google "wedding tiara" or "wedding hair comb" you'll find lots of online places selling all diff ones.

Good luck :mrgreen:

StephMT
Can't wait to set a date
Can't wait to set a date

Fri May 22, 2009 11:22 am

This etsy seller has beautiful stock http://www.etsy.com/shop.php?user_id=5934977 and will make something for you as well

lili 2010
I just love to talk
I just love to talk
Topic Author

Sat May 23, 2009 10:41 am

clouds wrote:
I would want to tie the colour in to the rest of my outfit if I were you. Maybe flowers, or shoes, or a corsage. The fascinator itself is great and you will be a very classy, elegant bride by the look of your dress. It's very bridal, don't worry! You don't need a dress with a three tier hoop to be bridal and I think you've chosen your fascinator to suit your style and dress, the look you want. 8)
If you wanted you could sew a few pearl looking beads onto the fascinator??? That would tie in the pearls.

great idea re: adding pearl beads to the fascinator.... even a non- crafty person like me should be able to do that! Like the idea of the corsage and bouquet in pale pink. Thanks for all your great ideas girls- I've looked at etsy quite a few times-especially lulu splendor who looks like great quality for the price!
GZIP: On | Load: 0.32