A Community for Brides Planning their Wedding in Australia

sallyison
Topic Author

Wedding Reception Venue Brisbane

Thu May 28, 2009 4:53 pm

Hi Ladies, im looking for a reasonably cheap reception venue in brisbane. Anyone who knows of anywhere for less than $50 per head (food only, we will have a bar tab) I would love to hear from you!

Phee
I need a title
I need a title

Re: Wedding Reception Venue Brisbane

Thu May 28, 2009 6:29 pm

What kind of food are you after? Sit down 2 course, 3 course or buffet or cocktail? and are you planning on having the reception on a Saturday night? a lot of places are heaps cheaper if you get married on a friday or Sunday.

eta: also what side of town are you on?

sallyison
Topic Author

Thu May 28, 2009 6:49 pm

looking for a 2 course & will have our wedding cake served as desert. I am looking for a saturday night, but really im not too fussed on a friday as many of our guests will be coming from interstate, so they will be on holidays anyway. Im on the east side, but wouldnt mind having it near the city. Im pretty flexible, just dont want to have it at a dodgy pub iykwim 8O thanks!

Jandals

Thu May 28, 2009 7:06 pm

Hi there sallison, have you tried Sorento lounge? It's a function area and is fairly reasonably priced. It's in Deagon on the north side.

sallyison
Topic Author

Thu May 28, 2009 7:25 pm

I have just emailed them for some info, thanks Jandals :D

Bec1983
I survived and got married
I survived and got married

Sat May 30, 2009 6:23 pm

Glengariff Estate in Dayboro? Thats where we got married, cannot remember how much we paid, but they had lost of different food options

ric & crys
Mrs A
Mrs A

Sat May 30, 2009 6:42 pm

Bec1983 wrote:
Glengariff Estate in Dayboro? Thats where we got married, cannot remember how much we paid, but they had lost of different food options

their prices have increased alot and they have packages now. when I spoke to them they were not to flexible in changing the packages

what about a nice restuarnt that will allow you to bring in a cake. $50 pp for entree and Main is a reasonable price for a restuarnt.
other than that my searches have failed to located any central location venues that are under $85pp for food alone

kiwicolz
cant make up my mind
cant make up my mind

Sun May 31, 2009 11:01 am

Bec1983 wrote:

yeah i was going to mention that to Bec lol

but yeah i think they put the prices up after we got married there, not sure byhow much though

Primm
I just love to talk
I just love to talk

Sun May 31, 2009 3:55 pm

We had ours at the Full Moon hotel in Sandgate - $46 per head on a Saturday night. Venue hire was $500 on top. Gorgeous venue, table decorations provided in the priced (hurricane lanterns, but they would put yours out if you brought your own) and a lovely room on the first floor with a verandah opening over Moreton Bay. Definitely not a dodgy hotel!

The other place I checked out for around the same price was Keperra Golf Club. They have new caterers now though, so may be a bit different.

Good luck!

MrsKo2b

Sun May 31, 2009 11:50 pm

How about the Runcorn Tavern? A friend of mine went to her cousin's wedding there & it was only about $35 per head for buffet food.

Jandals

Wed Jun 03, 2009 8:03 pm

Hi there, I forgot to mention another one for you, its called tavernetta in casledine, also on the northside. Not many people know it exists so yeah, try looking that one up too, you never know!

K good luck :)

Phee
I need a title
I need a title

Wed Jun 03, 2009 8:23 pm

We really liked Virginia Palms at Virginia. They had great packages and were reasonably priced
GZIP: On | Load: 0.09