A Community for Brides Planning their Wedding in Australia

waited 8 years
I just love to talk
I just love to talk
Topic Author

Anyone else not really stressing??

Fri Jun 12, 2009 4:57 pm

As the title suggests, i have personally found planning my wedding not as stressful as i thought, considering we moved it from Oct to July. Anyone else not overly stressed??

taralee06
I ♥ eBay
I ♥ eBay

Re: Anyone else not really stressing??

Fri Jun 12, 2009 5:00 pm

Umm no :oops:

What are your tip! How do you do it! :lol:

Secret Love
Formally known as Monica23
Formally known as Monica23

Fri Jun 12, 2009 5:03 pm

I am not really stressing but I am eagarly excited!! I have planned mine ahead of time, the only thing I have to stress about is keeping the budget in our range!

waited 8 years
I just love to talk
I just love to talk
Topic Author

Fri Jun 12, 2009 5:04 pm

big hugs taralee..im not sure how im doing it..hehe. the only thing that is causing a little stress is the seating chart..lol

waited 8 years
I just love to talk
I just love to talk
Topic Author

Fri Jun 12, 2009 5:05 pm

im getting very excited now, only 6 weeks to go..eekk

*Riss*
Happiness Forever
Happiness Forever

Fri Jun 12, 2009 5:09 pm

NO!! I cant help it, but I am trying to get all the big things out of the way so when it gets closer it's less stressful (if that's possible).

mellyk83
I just love to talk
I just love to talk

Fri Jun 12, 2009 5:15 pm

Yeah not really stressed at all most is done few bits and pieces to do but hey what happens happens :D

CMK
I just love to talk
I just love to talk

Fri Jun 12, 2009 5:17 pm

I'm not really stressed at all, and we're in 6 weeks too! Maybe having a destination wedding helps, as all the little things don't really matter, or can't be sorted out til you get there. Haven't got my dress yet, but going over to have my first fitting tomorrow. People keep asking me why I'm so calm but there's no point stressing yourself out about stuff you have no control over. Having said that, it's not the easiest thing in the world to try and begin to organise an overseas wedding, so initially you could say I was a bit stressed, but hopefully past all that! Bring on the next 6 weeks!! :D

undefined

Fri Jun 12, 2009 5:18 pm

Not really stressed. Not really feeling the excitement yet, either. Still plenty of time left, a lot of big things out of the way, but plenty still left to organise. I'm generally pretty laid back, anyway. It'll get there one way or another.

kyliemartin79
Lady K
Lady K

Fri Jun 12, 2009 5:59 pm

undefined wrote:
Not really stressed. Not really feeling the excitement yet, either. Still plenty of time left, a lot of big things out of the way, but plenty still left to organise. I'm generally pretty laid back, anyway. It'll get there one way or another.

This is how I feel, I never really stress over anything, my biggest problem is being indecisive, and too relaxed so I would probably still be trying to decide on my cake two days before :oops:

Jess_S
I just love to talk
I just love to talk

Fri Jun 12, 2009 6:19 pm

Yep, I have had a pretty cruisey planning process too :D
So far, everything has gone to plan and we're only 4mths out from the big day with not a lot left to do.

It's been an excellent experience!!

AugustB2B
Bookworm Bride
Bookworm Bride

Fri Jun 12, 2009 11:07 pm

I'm not stressed. I've had one or two anxious moments about a couple of things but no more than anything else I get stressed about. For me I think it's helped that we have had plenty of time to do everything without feeling rushed, lots of time to research and the fact that we've agreed on pretty much everything. We've also been fortunate with our suppliers so far. So, I can't really take all the credit for my lack of stress, we've been very fortunate.

clouds
I survived and got married

Fri Jun 12, 2009 11:35 pm

No stress, just fun fun fun. 8)

spankyb
I just love to talk
I just love to talk

Sat Jun 13, 2009 12:11 am

Not stressing at all, to tell the truth. My wedding is not going to be formal - a wedding at the botanical gardens, and an informal reception with hog roast etc at my dad's house up in the Adelaide Hills. I'm doing my own flowers, don't have a bridal party other than a couple of flower girls and I booked everything that needed to be booked about a year in advance (3 piece Swing band for reception, venue, harpist/soprano for the ceremony, chairs and chair-covers and lockable wishing well, the celebrant I wanted, etc).

I think the more elaborate and/or expensive the wedding, the more stress. If you don't have a seating plan then you can't get stressed over it! Same goes for bridesmaids, groomsmen (although to be fair FH would probably have a best man if one of his friends would travel over from the UK). I'm also pretty flexible on what I'm after - it just has to be simple but still classy as I'm not into cheese!

At this stage I don't think I'll turn into a bridezilla, but I am particular about things being right in my everyday life. I'm trying to overcome that though as that could bring out the bridezilla in me!

ulya
Sunshine
Sunshine

Sat Jun 13, 2009 12:16 am

I was starting to stress a little before we'd booked/inspected our reception as I'd heard that you need to book a year in advance for many places as bookings fill up quickly, and the wedding date was growing closer and closer, but since we've taken care of most of the major things (reception, church, my dress, FH's suit), I've become a LOT more relaxed about the whole wedding and really am only enjoying the process :D.

slwedding
~*winter wedding*~
~*winter wedding*~

Sat Jun 13, 2009 10:17 am

No stress so far - (but I have enough stress/crisis at work ATM to cover the rest of the year! :evil: )
BUT I finally felt really excited yesterday - haven't felt much but going through the motions before this... Of all things, I went to the optometrist to order some more contacts, and as I was leaving she said "Next time I see you we will need to change your name in the computer system" :) .... And for what ever reason, I've felt that flutter of excitement since :lol: 3 WEEKS TODAY!!!

jaynage

Sat Jun 13, 2009 10:57 am

I didn't stress at all pretty much from start to finish. I really enjoyed the planning process and seeing everything come together. Even the night before, when the BM dresses STILL hadn't been finished (dressmaker dropped them off at 2am the morning of the wedding), I wasn't stressed at all.

Kwitty
Princess Kwits
Princess Kwits

Sat Jun 13, 2009 11:58 am

I didn't really stress either... but I was an event manager in my last job so I know all about the "highs and lows" of event planning.

When something goes wrong (such as when our cake imploded on itself on the way to dropping it off at the reception venue :lol: ) you take that stress reaction and turn it into adrenaline, which spurs you to action to fix the problem. :D

carly_buttons
Done and dusted
Done and dusted

Sat Jun 13, 2009 2:28 pm

The only thing I'm stressing about is mum and all her issues. In terms of the day itself and actually signing my life to FH, I am so overly excited even though we're still 10 and a bit months out.

spankyb
I just love to talk
I just love to talk

Sat Jun 13, 2009 7:22 pm

Kwitty wrote:
I didn't really stress either... but I was an event manager in my last job so I know all about the "highs and lows" of event planning.

When something goes wrong (such as when our cake imploded on itself on the way to dropping it off at the reception venue :lol: ) you take that stress reaction and turn it into adrenaline, which spurs you to action to fix the problem. :D

Would love to see how your cake turned out!
GZIP: On | Load: 0.3