A Community for Brides Planning their Wedding in Australia

lili 2010
I just love to talk
I just love to talk
Topic Author

Question about the Melbourne Registry Office

Mon Jun 22, 2009 6:22 pm

Hiya!

I've booked my wedding for the Melbourne Registry Office- although I've never been inside! I have heard its beautiful and have seen a few photos here that confirm that its very nice.
My question is about space... have you been??

We're going to have a largish bridal party (I have 4 bridesmaids and my FH will have at least 2 groomsmen)... on top of that we'll have about 60 guests (it seats 55)...maybe even 65.

If you have been can you tell me if there is room for people to stand at the back? Also, is there enough room up the front for a bridal party of 6+ us 2 and our little page boy??

bank
I survived and got married

Re: Question about the Melbourne Registry Office

Mon Jun 22, 2009 6:53 pm

You shouldn't have any trouble squeezing the bridal party in, you won't have heaps of room but they should fit, however you might want to check with them about the guest numbers because I thought it was to do with fire regs? Could be wrong, just a distant memory I have.

samanthaz
I just love to talk
I just love to talk

Mon Jun 22, 2009 7:27 pm

I agree, I'd just give them a quick call and ask if there is standing room at the back for extra guests.

lili 2010
I just love to talk
I just love to talk
Topic Author

Tue Jun 23, 2009 9:38 am

When we booked we did ask about extra guests and the celebrant said that a few extras wasn't an issue (that they wouldn't make them wait outside) and didn't mention fire regs so I assume up to 10 over would be ok (we are inviting around 80 and assuming some of our inter-staters will not come).

Bank- I know you married at the registry, Would extra guests be able to squeeze (standing) in the rows up the back??

Cheers!

bank

Tue Jun 23, 2009 9:53 am

Hi, just got out my album and it looks like the last row is against the wall, sorry. You should check with them though because it seems odd that they would allow extras when there isn't any room for them.
GZIP: On | Load: 0.12