A Community for Brides Planning their Wedding in Australia

Secret Love
Formally known as Monica23
Topic Author

Is anyone doing a surprise first dance?

Fri Jul 24, 2009 2:54 pm

I really like the idea- and have always wanted to do time of your life- from dirty dancing.
I just have to convince FH its a good idea. It involves everyone as well.

*Blonde*
Party Queen
Party Queen

Re: Is anyone doing a surprise first dance?

Fri Jul 24, 2009 3:04 pm

We did a surprise dance - it wasn't fantastically choreographed (I made it nice and easy for DH) but it was fun.

We started our just dancing to a slow Clay Aiken song, then broke into Teenage Wedding (Pulp Fiction) and ended on Time of your Life (Dirty Dancing). I will see if I can post the video - I laugh the whole way through it cause DH was so nervous!! :heart:

Secret Love
Topic Author

Fri Jul 24, 2009 3:05 pm

I would love to see it!

mellyk83
I just love to talk
I just love to talk

Fri Jul 24, 2009 4:51 pm

yep FH & I are starting to Bon Jovi and then breaking out into the evolution of dance gonna be so funny... we better start practising soon :)

mandamoo
Princess Moo
Princess Moo

Fri Jul 24, 2009 5:02 pm

We did a surprise dance

Slow danced to Heaven by Brian Adams and then there was a sound of the record scratching and danced to the Nutbush

And 3 weeks later my sister got married and copied us and did the same thing,...the same songs everything and was very un impressed...at least she looked like the fool

Novembride
I just love to talk
I just love to talk

Fri Jul 24, 2009 5:09 pm

I wouldn't mind having something a bit different for the first dance but not too sure... I think they're quite funny, especially if the guests aren't expecting it!! We'll probably work on some moves for entertainment value.

Something different to a surprise first dance .... I think this would be quite funny!!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4-94JhLEiN0

Uptownerd
*now with extra zing
*now with extra zing

Fri Jul 24, 2009 5:38 pm

We kinda did.... we did the Wahooti Fandango dance to Custard's "The Wahooti Fandango" (funnily enough). Then when it ended, we rick rolled everyone :lol:

Rick Astley ftw!

natblack
I just love to talk
I just love to talk

Fri Jul 24, 2009 8:30 pm

Last edited by natblack on Wed Jan 20, 2010 8:51 pm, edited 1 time in total.

stephbrown77
I need a title
I need a title

Sat Jul 25, 2009 12:38 am

oh i would love to do it.. it would be so much fun, and entertain everyone! not sure how i would cope in front of everyone though, plus have to convince fh to do it as i want dirty dancing one and he is sick of the song (my bad for playing it all the time!!!)

ella bella
I just love to talk
I just love to talk

Sat Jul 25, 2009 3:39 pm

When FH and I finally get married I plan on getting dance lessons and a choreographed first dance, perhaps a beautiful vienese waltz or a sexy rumba, I have always danced and would like to represent this at our wedding, FH however can only pull out the robot after a few beers so he is not very keen for lessons, I think it will be great fun but.

alamie2005

Sun Jul 26, 2009 1:13 am

I'm hoping to do something that actually looks like dancing - that will surprise everyone! I love to dance, but can only enjoy it after too many drinks (by which time I think I'm the best dancer EVER, 6 foot, blonde, large bust, very, very beautiful - so, so far from reality!!!), and FH either does robot, worm or a select move from Dirty Dancing, where he tickles Baby under the arm...

I bought an instructional DVD on Ballroom which teaches 4 choreographed routines: Waltz, Cha Cha Cha, Quickstep & Jive. We're dancing to a Michael Buble song so will probably be doing the Quickstep on the night, but you just never know, we might find something we can jive to!

Our friend's husband loves to dance and they surprised everyone by doing the full Dirty Dancing finale song, lift included, which was way cool.
GZIP: On | Load: 0.24