A Community for Brides Planning their Wedding in Australia

jazzie
♥ His Chook ♥
♥ His Chook ♥

Re: Time off before wedding??

Mon Aug 03, 2009 10:44 am

Our wedding is a friday wedding and I am just having the thursday off and then two weeks off for the honeymoon. It will be a bit stressful but I can't really take any more time off!

MissChookz
Finally a MRS!!
Finally a MRS!!
Topic Author

Mon Aug 03, 2009 12:55 pm

Thanks for all the replies girls. I think I'll have to settle for just taking the Friday off - surely they'll give me one extra day, I'm even happy to take it without pay if need be.

I guess as I mentioned earlier I had better get my foot in the door first before I start negotiating the holidays, lol. I dont start til the 17th and I finish at my current job tomorrow so I'll have almost 2 weeks of solid wedding planning time to get everything finalised - which is great!

Jazzie, it makes me feel better that you're only having the day before off - glad I wont be the only one!!! In a way I think it might be good for me, believe it or not, but since I'm highly organised and the venue sets up and arranges EVERYTHING - all I really need to do is show up! I reckon I might spend the week stressing out if I was at home, so at least at work I can try to keep my mind off it.

:D

jazzie
♥ His Chook ♥
♥ His Chook ♥

Mon Aug 03, 2009 12:57 pm

MissChookz wrote:
Jazzie, it makes me feel better that you're only having the day before off - glad I wont be the only one!!! In a way I think it might be good for me, believe it or not, but since I'm highly organised and the venue sets up and arranges EVERYTHING - all I really need to do is show up! I reckon I might spend the week stressing out if I was at home, so at least at work I can try to keep my mind off it.

Thats what I think! I would have loved to have had maybe a day more but realistically I think I would stress out way too much if I had a whole week off.. Although maybe thats just me trying to make myself feel better about it :roll: :lol:

D'sGirl
Bite Me!
Bite Me!

Mon Aug 03, 2009 12:59 pm

I'm getting married on a Friday and I'm taking the Wednesday / Thursday off prior. Then having 2 weeks off for the honeymoon, and going back to work on the Tuesday (thought I'd have a long weekend before going back!!).

4 weeks today and I'll be on my 2nd to last day at work before the wedding....yikes! Should be doing work rather than on WC!!

mandamoo
Princess Moo
Princess Moo

Mon Aug 03, 2009 1:01 pm

I worked right through but took a week off after the wedding. Everthing was done and I got married on a monday a day before cup day. We havent been on a honeymoon yet

emmyawards
I just love to talk
I just love to talk

Mon Aug 03, 2009 3:12 pm

I'm taking off heaps of time. Used up all my rdos and annual leave.
I'm taking off a week before the wedding, and then a week after (because my parents will be here from interstate). Then I'm going back to work for 2.5 weeks before going off on my honeymoon to Hawaii for a month.

mellyk83
I just love to talk
I just love to talk

Mon Aug 03, 2009 5:12 pm

I will prob only take the wed, thurs fri before the wedding as I pick up my dress on the wed so might come to work on the wed in the morning get my nails done then pick up my dress maybe see how we go and then 2 weeks after the wedding for honeymoon.. :D

Gemini_Girl
♥ il suo amore ♥
♥ il suo amore ♥

Mon Aug 03, 2009 6:56 pm

I would love to have a week off but I think I can only take the friday the day before off because of work. I know that if I really needed too, work would allow it though. We are getting married on saturday 10th April next year, so I will have good friday off, the weekend and easter monday off the week before which will be great. And my MOH will be taking a week off to help get everything prepared too which will be good. Congrats on the new job!

Secret Love
Formally known as Monica23
Formally known as Monica23

Mon Aug 03, 2009 7:01 pm

I am only having the day before off, and maybe the day before that if I need to. We're having a 6 night honeymoon, so all up I'll have 2 weeks- so we have a day between the wedding and the flight, and a few days when we return to relax at home.

taralee06
I ♥ eBay
I ♥ eBay

Mon Aug 03, 2009 7:05 pm

jazzie wrote:
MissChookz wrote:

Thats what I think! I would have loved to have had maybe a day more but realistically I think I would stress out way too much if I had a whole week off.. Although maybe thats just me trying to make myself feel better about it :roll: :lol:

I'm thinking I might be the same too :lol: Our best man, his wife and son are coming up on the Tuesday and I don't really know his wife that well so it might be awkward as they are staying at our house. I might need to go to work to get some time out :lol:

Dandelion
Queen Of My Castle
Queen Of My Castle

Mon Aug 03, 2009 9:53 pm

Technically, according to my contract I am at work until 3pm on the day before my wedding. I am hoping I will be at the same school I am currently at however as I know my lovely bosses there will give me at least the day before off and hopefully a couple more. FH will take a few days before off - it takes a good couple of days for him to fully scrub the 'work dirt' out of his hands and face so he needs the time :lol:

kyliemartin79
Lady K
Lady K

Tue Aug 04, 2009 12:59 am

Dandelion wrote:
Technically, according to my contract I am at work until 3pm on the day before my wedding. I am hoping I will be at the same school I am currently at however as I know my lovely bosses there will give me at least the day before off and hopefully a couple more. FH will take a few days before off - it takes a good couple of days for him to fully scrub the 'work dirt' out of his hands and face so he needs the time :lol:

:lol: :lol: A typical man :roll:

possum86
Vintage Beauty
Vintage Beauty

Tue Aug 04, 2009 10:47 am

Congratulations on your new job.. I just got a new job too, Im lucky though because I told my new boss in my interview that Im getting married in November and she just assummed I would be needing the week off before and then time off after. So When she rang me to tell me I had the job she asked me then and there what dates I wanted off, which works out almost a month. Which I have to go straight back to work the day or 2 after the honeymoon because we have a wedding already booked in. But what im doing is having unpaid holidays from her and the money that I have from holidays from my current job will just go in a bank account I cant touch and that will just be my holiday pay, So we wont be without :D :D
GZIP: On | Load: 0.29