A Community for Brides Planning their Wedding in Australia

jack_0306
Topic Author

suprise wedding

Mon Aug 03, 2009 2:53 pm

hi
we are having a suprise wedding. a very small gathering. we are telling everyone it is a naming ceremony for our children.

I am looking for a nice maxi dress to wear...any ideas/suggestions???

Thanks!

Lou82
I ♥ JL
I ♥ JL

Re: suprise wedding

Mon Aug 03, 2009 3:05 pm

That's a great idea! :D
I have seen some really nice dresses in Myer's formal section at the moment, I think they are Mr K- there are a few really nice white-ish coloured ones (and others if you don't want white).

mellyk83
I just love to talk
I just love to talk

Mon Aug 03, 2009 3:25 pm

Try forever new they had some when I went the other day not sure if its what u r after but they have nice dresses :D

kyliemartin79
Lady K
Lady K

Mon Aug 03, 2009 5:15 pm

Bardot sell the best Maxi dresses, Kookai, Lisa Ho, Collette Dinnagan, and Wayne Cooper :D
What a great idea though!!

jack_0306
Topic Author

Mon Aug 03, 2009 6:07 pm

http://cgi.ebay.com.au/ws/eBayISAPI.dll ... 0217091152

i love this, but haven't been able to find one online anywhere...as i want to try on first!!!

anyone seen this in a store?

i will check out bardot...i have looked at all of them online and nothing that suits...

Aryawolf
Bit by the love bug
Bit by the love bug

Mon Aug 03, 2009 6:11 pm

oooooooo there's a creamy/latte coloured maxi dress in Myer - a little sparkly round the neckline with sequins (I hate sequins but I love this dress) - Its part of the "Collection" Series.

I've also seen a BEAUTIFUL white maxi in Lisa Ho - but it was about $1400, so I guess it depends on how much you want to spend

jack_0306
Topic Author

Mon Aug 03, 2009 6:36 pm

thanks

do u know if i could locate a pic of the myer dress?

Aryawolf
Bit by the love bug
Bit by the love bug

Mon Aug 03, 2009 7:01 pm

I have scoured the interwebs to no success for the dress from myer!

I've made a really dodgy mock up to give you a better idea of style. From memory the the spotty bits on the straps are the sequins which from memory are metallic in colour - like soft silver or gold. The dress is a soft chiffon type material, that flows really well. It reminded me of a grecian style dress. Its ruched around the bust and has a small side zip and is empire waisted. The back isn't low. hmm when I tried it on it was longer than I could wear without heels and I'm about 172cm tall.

I know this probly isn't too helpful, but the official "designer" is Collection Woman - I actually got my black engagement party dress from them and they make really good quality stuff. I think it's probly about $400 from memory...a girl was trying it on for her formal dress and also looked stunning! I looked pretty good too (but was out of my price range for engagement party dress) - I am genuinely considering it for my formal graduation ceremony at the end of the year.

Anyway, here's my attempt at the dress!

Sorry its so dodgy!
myer dress dodgy mock up.jpg

kyliemartin79
Lady K
Lady K

Mon Aug 03, 2009 8:58 pm

Aryawolf wrote:
I have scoured the interwebs to no success for the dress from myer!

I've made a really dodgy mock up to give you a better idea of style. From memory the the spotty bits on the straps are the sequins which from memory are metallic in colour - like soft silver or gold. The dress is a soft chiffon type material, that flows really well. It reminded me of a grecian style dress. Its ruched around the bust and has a small side zip and is empire waisted. The back isn't low. hmm when I tried it on it was longer than I could wear without heels and I'm about 172cm tall.

I know this probly isn't too helpful, but the official "designer" is Collection Woman - I actually got my black engagement party dress from them and they make really good quality stuff. I think it's probly about $400 from memory...a girl was trying it on for her formal dress and also looked stunning! I looked pretty good too (but was out of my price range for engagement party dress) - I am genuinely considering it for my formal graduation ceremony at the end of the year.

Anyway, here's my attempt at the dress!

Sorry its so dodgy!
myer dress dodgy mock up.jpg

I know the one you mean its gorgeous, good taste once again and I love the drawing :lol:
Better then what I could do :roll:

jack_0306
Topic Author

Mon Aug 03, 2009 9:30 pm

that dress pic is great :) i get the idea!
i will have to check it out by the sounds!!!

thanks heaps!

Aryawolf
Bit by the love bug
Bit by the love bug

Sat Aug 08, 2009 3:42 pm

So I got bored today and had my camera, so I actually managed to get a photo of the dress I was talking about hehe
photo upload 1.JPG

photo upload 2.JPG

Hope this gives you a better idea than my dodgy pic lol

edited to add - It costs $299

kyliemartin79
Lady K
Lady K

Sat Aug 08, 2009 5:45 pm

I love the colour and the style Aryawolf, it looks great on you :D
Was it David Jones or Myer again?? I have forgotten..and did it come in any other colours?
As now I definitely have two BM's, I am excited :D

Aryawolf
Bit by the love bug
Bit by the love bug

Sat Aug 08, 2009 5:54 pm

It was Myer, and unfortunately only in that colour, but it is a nice colour - like a latte/soft soft chiffony gold - the sequins are silvery.

I'm quite pale, and it didn't wash me out at all, so i think it'd be good for nearly all skin tones - the girl I saw it on originally was beachy bronze with blonde hair and looked great.

There's another dress similar to it - using the same colour fabric, but the straps are thinner, and instead of crossing over in the front, come down in front and under the bust like a "U" - For some reason it reminds me of the things that secure you into a rollercoaster lol

kyliemartin79
Lady K
Lady K

Sat Aug 08, 2009 9:52 pm

Aryawolf wrote:
It was Myer, and unfortunately only in that colour, but it is a nice colour - like a latte/soft soft chiffony gold - the sequins are silvery.

I'm quite pale, and it didn't wash me out at all, so i think it'd be good for nearly all skin tones - the girl I saw it on originally was beachy bronze with blonde hair and looked great.

There's another dress similar to it - using the same colour fabric, but the straps are thinner, and instead of crossing over in the front, come down in front and under the bust like a "U" - For some reason it reminds me of the things that secure you into a rollercoaster lol

Yes its a lovely colour, and one of my Bm's is tall, pale and brunette and the other one is tall, skinny, blonde and tanned :roll:
I am trying to think of something that will suit them both, you see I love the style of that dress and I want a similar colour for my Bm's but I cant wear that colour as I am pale and strawberry blonde but it does look beautiful on you :D I will have to take them along to Myer to have a look. But I think that would be a gorgeous dress for a surprise wedding :heart:

jack_0306
Topic Author

Sun Aug 09, 2009 1:35 pm

yep i seen it, it is reallly nice...
looks great on you...

however i have decided to go non traditional and got a gorgeous dress from powerhouse...i will have to post pics at some stage!! it is colorful lol but beautiful! :)
GZIP: On | Load: 0.29