A Community for Brides Planning their Wedding in Australia

KLC
I need a title
I need a title
Topic Author

What did you do for your hens night that was different?????

Fri Aug 07, 2009 11:34 pm

Hey ladies,

Im helping organising a hens night/ weekend away and i need ideas for something different. Not the usual strippers/cruises/wine tasting.

any ideas?????

Uptownerd
*now with extra zing
*now with extra zing

Re: What did you do for your hens night that was different?????

Fri Aug 07, 2009 11:44 pm

Mine wasn't too unique, but we had a 'pop stars' theme and went to learn a dance routine at a dance studio, then went to karaoke.

hazzbang
~ Bargain Bride ~
~ Bargain Bride ~

Fri Aug 07, 2009 11:48 pm

Us girls are having one or two nights at a secluded spa for full pampering.. mani's, pedi's, massage, champas, room service.. YAY!!! :heart: :heart:

ali-jade
Style, Grace & Poise
Style, Grace & Poise

Sat Aug 08, 2009 9:46 am

I organised for us to go to The Artful Hen for my best friends Hen's Night.. Nude drawing class! So much fun and not sleazy at all!!

This was followed by Teppanyaki..

Shaz2010

Sat Aug 08, 2009 2:59 pm

Im a maid of honour this October and for the brides hens im organising a Trapeze lesson for all the girls followed by a low key dinner and drinks, finishing off with a private showing by "Puppetry of the *****"! Should be an awesome day!

Shaz2010

Sat Aug 08, 2009 3:02 pm

OMG how funny.... Didnt realise we couldnt type certain words! Thats hilarious! How bout if i say "Puppetry of the Willy" instead :lol:

lill_kitten
I just love to talk
I just love to talk

Sat Aug 08, 2009 3:09 pm

Were doing private pole dancing lessons. They provide nibblies and champers and its just girl instructors and your girls so not sleezy at all, bucket loads of fun!

mandamoo
Princess Moo
Princess Moo

Sat Aug 08, 2009 7:44 pm

I was going to have a liquor party followed by Pupperty of the p3enis...but decided to change it just to teppanyaki with the girls as I dont drink.

Dandelion
Queen Of My Castle
Queen Of My Castle

Sat Aug 08, 2009 8:00 pm

I'd a bit of a country girl and my BMs definately aren't, so I have requested a cowboy themed hens night. Not sure if I'll get it but I am going to pull out the stops to try and do it. Cowboy hats, cowboy stripper, bales of hay and a bucking bull...would be awesome I think. :mrgreen:

For my friends we did pole dancing lessons at home and then hit the clubs :D

SpecialKK
♥ Love being Mrs B ♥
♥ Love being Mrs B ♥

Sat Aug 08, 2009 8:31 pm

Dandelion wrote:
I'd a bit of a country girl and my BMs definately aren't, so I have requested a cowboy themed hens night. Not sure if I'll get it but I am going to pull out the stops to try and do it. Cowboy hats, cowboy stripper, bales of hay and a bucking bull...would be awesome I think. :mrgreen:

For my friends we did pole dancing lessons at home and then hit the clubs :D

that sounds like a fantastic idea, especially for a country girl!! Bucking bull - ive always wanted to try one of them out!! :lol:

janetburgman
JB
JB

Sun Aug 09, 2009 9:42 am

lill_kitten wrote:
Were doing private pole dancing lessons. They provide nibblies and champers and its just girl instructors and your girls so not sleezy at all, bucket loads of fun!

Those classes are popping up all over the place. How much do they cost?

lill_kitten
I just love to talk
I just love to talk

Sun Aug 09, 2009 1:14 pm

$450 for the first 10 girls and then $40 for every girl over that
so aroung $45 each for 2 hours

Little_Miss
He's my Sunshine
He's my Sunshine

Sun Aug 09, 2009 4:17 pm

I went for a weekend away with my bridesmaids to the Hunter Valley. We did horse riding, cheese tasting and wine tasting, and spa treatment. Very relaxing. Our quiet time was spent at our cabin watching movies and having a bit of girl chatter :)

Charlene
I just love to talk
I just love to talk

Sun Aug 09, 2009 9:05 pm

I had a hen's day. It was at a camel farm! It was a surprise for me, I knew something was happening that day but had no idea what. I hung out for the morning with my Dad, which was really cool as I was living interstate at the time and didn't get the chance to do that, I know hanging out with your Dad wouldn't be everyone's ideal start to their hen's party but it was actually great. He dropped me off at the camel farm . Everyone was dressed up in costume and there was one waiting for me to change into. We chatted for a while, had a beautiful lunch and then went for camel rides. There was an area with lots of lounges scattered around, so we spent lots of time just talking and mingling, it was great as I actually got to talk to everyone and as I was living away that was heaps better than spending the time at a club or whatever where I wouldn't have had the chance to do so.

samanthaz
I just love to talk
I just love to talk

Sun Aug 09, 2009 10:17 pm

don't know about my hens yet but I've been to/heard about a few great hens days/nights that haven't involved strippers

-day spa hens (or the cheaper at home version where you do each other's facials, toenails, etc.)
-karaoke (you can go to those places where you can hire rooms out just for your group so it's not in front of the whole bar of people)
-high tea
-chocolate tour- I heard of someone on here who did that.. I can't remember who but it sounded awesome, visiting a whole lot of different chocolate themed places around the city.
-life drawing class- or any other class that you can think of (cooking lesson, surfing lesson, etc.)
-Picnis in the park
-A tour somewhere (One of my good friends went to a hens day that was a tour down the Great Ocean Road. The bride was from Sydney and so were many of the guests so they hadn't been and she said it was a great day. They managed to book out the whole tour bus! I think it must have been organised pretty far in advance or they must have requested a private tour though...)

chelle7
I survived and got married

Mon Aug 10, 2009 7:35 am

We're calling mine a bachelorette party.

At lunch we're having a High Tea at my home. Were thinking shabby chic theme, lots of bite size nibblies and summery dresses.

At about 4 we'll change into costume (the bridesmaids haven't decided on a theme yet) and go into the city for afternoon drinks, followed by dinner, more drinks and dancing.

The High Tea will allow the oldies to join us and then us young ones can cut loose in the evening! LOL

Charlene
I just love to talk
I just love to talk

Mon Aug 10, 2009 1:48 pm

samanthaz wrote:
don't know about my hens yet but I've been to/heard about a few great hens days/nights that haven't involved strippers

-day spa hens (or the cheaper at home version where you do each other's facials, toenails, etc.)

Larissa Bright (they are like a Tupperware version of beauty products) will come and do a "pamper party" and then the bride can also get cheap products. But this is perhaps more like a bridal shower than a hens.
http://www.larissabright.com.au

kristal
Mrs Frangi
Mrs Frangi

Mon Aug 10, 2009 4:11 pm

The hens parties I have been to in the last couple of years has been:

Horse races
Weekends in the Hunter Valley
Wild Boys Afloat
Backyard Party with topless waiters and a stripper (wasn't the best party I have ever been to though)

The horse races has always been the most fun.

SM2
I just love to talk
I just love to talk

Wed Aug 12, 2009 4:21 pm

KLC just wanting to let you know that my friend and I have just started our own adult toy & lingeire parties on the Central Coast, so if you are interested in perhaps having this for your hens night please give our website a look. http://www.wickedstimulations.com.au

Weezee

Wed Aug 12, 2009 5:23 pm

For mine we did a pole dancing lesson then afterwards we had dinner at a mediterranean restaurant that had a performance by a male and 2 female belly dancers. I thought it was a great night.
GZIP: On | Load: 0.27