A Community for Brides Planning their Wedding in Australia

kylz86
I just love to talk
I just love to talk
Topic Author

Engagement ring on wedding day

Mon Mar 29, 2010 4:25 pm

This has probably been asked millions of times before (but i cant find anything about it), or maybe not, maybe everyone knows except for me. But do you wear your engagement ring on your wedding day (likie on the opposite hand) or do you not wear it at all???

ldr10
♥ Mrs R. ♥
♥ Mrs R. ♥

Re: Engagement ring on wedding day

Mon Mar 29, 2010 4:26 pm

I'm wearing mine on my right hand :D

leana
♥ S & L - A & F ♥
♥ S & L - A & F ♥

Mon Mar 29, 2010 4:31 pm

I have wondered the same thing!
I only wear 2 rings, my e-ring and another ring on my right hand. The other ring is the very first thing FH bought me before we were dating! :D I'm not sure which one to wear, but either way, it's going to mean something special to me!!

turbo311
♥ The New Mrs D ♥

Mon Mar 29, 2010 4:39 pm

Im the same I have an e-ring and a promise ring so both my ring fingers are full! But im not too worried its only for a short time that you have to not wear your e ring so i might just wear to the 2 rings on my right hand together - or put my e ring in my handbag?

awanda

Mon Mar 29, 2010 5:03 pm

I wore my engagement ring on my right hand, then moved it over after the ceremony

Allicat9
Lost the Golden Garter
Lost the Golden Garter

Mon Mar 29, 2010 5:13 pm

awanda wrote:
I wore my engagement ring on my right hand, then moved it over after the ceremony

Same here - though sometimes it doesn't fit on your other finger - which happened to my friend... so she had her sis wear it :D

wishy
I just love to talk
I just love to talk

Mon Mar 29, 2010 5:22 pm

You wear your engagement ring on your right hand, then place it on your left hand at first chance (probably signing the register)because traditionally your wedding ring needs to be closest to your heart.

FLG

Mon Mar 29, 2010 5:41 pm

Last edited by FLG on Tue Mar 01, 2011 6:27 pm, edited 1 time in total.

SpecialKK
♥ Love being Mrs B ♥
♥ Love being Mrs B ♥

Mon Mar 29, 2010 5:57 pm

Mine doesn't fit on my right hand! I will probably wear mine on the left and then just swap the ring order when I get a chance

belle11235
'maybe i'm amazed'
'maybe i'm amazed'

Mon Mar 29, 2010 6:19 pm

I am wearing a sapphire ring my grandma gave me on my right ring finger (my something blue) so I will be wearing my ering on the index finger of my left hand until after the wedders put on, then moving it to my ring finger. I know it's not the traditional thing to do, but these days I think anything goes so you can pretty much do whatever you're comfortable with.

MrsMurphy
mrs smurfy
mrs smurfy

Mon Mar 29, 2010 6:50 pm

I had my ring on my right hand pinkie It doesnt fit on my ring finger, I then moved it over while we walked to the signing table

kaywoman68
♥ Mrs R ♥
♥ Mrs R ♥

Mon Mar 29, 2010 7:22 pm

My right hand has the 'promise' ring FH gave me.

I'm going to tie my engagement ring onto the pink ribbon that was used to carry my engagement ring when FH proposed (he tied the ribbon around one of our dogs' neck) around my bouquet

Miss2Mrs
Happily Ever After
Happily Ever After

Mon Mar 29, 2010 7:36 pm

Ill probably do what my sister did.
Get your MOH to wear it/carry it (secured) & slip it to you at the registry signing.

ericsmith

Mon Mar 29, 2010 8:59 pm

My wife had the engagement ring on her right hand index finger on the wedding day. She has not removed from the day she has wore.

MrsNukeie
I just love to talk
I just love to talk

Mon Mar 29, 2010 9:23 pm

mine is being tied on the ring pillow with the other rings as after the "ring ceremony" we're having the "engagement ring ceremony":

The engagement ring is a symbol of promise and intention.
Now the intention is realised and the promise fulfilled.
Groom, please place Brides’s engagement ring on her ring finger outside her wedding ring to symbolise that the love that brought you together will always protect and sustain your marriage.
May the rings you wear be a symbol of unending love and faithfulness to remind you of the covenant into which you have just entered

belle11235
'maybe i'm amazed'
'maybe i'm amazed'

Mon Mar 29, 2010 9:41 pm

MrsNukeie wrote:
mine is being tied on the ring pillow with the other rings as after the "ring ceremony" we're having the "engagement ring ceremony":

Groom, please place Brides’s engagement ring on her ring finger outside her wedding ring to symbolise that the love that brought you together will always protect and sustain your marriage.
May the rings you wear be a symbol of unending love and faithfulness to remind you of the covenant into which you have just entered

ooh this sounds just lovely.

adamtaylor

Tue Jul 06, 2010 11:46 pm

How can a person forget an engagement ring in wedding. In fact there are end number of people who don't remove the ring from the day they get engaged.

bryaneunice
♥ Lady Eunice ♥
♥ Lady Eunice ♥

Wed Jul 07, 2010 12:05 am

MrsNukeie wrote:

Beautiful!!!!!!! :heart: :heart:

eslyssa

Wed Jul 07, 2010 9:32 am

This is a question I'd been wondering as well - thank you for sorting it out. I think I'll go with the traditional wearing it on the right ring finger until after the ceremony.

Cat

bryaneunice
♥ Lady Eunice ♥
♥ Lady Eunice ♥

Wed Jul 07, 2010 9:42 am

eslyssa wrote:
This is a question I'd been wondering as well - thank you for sorting it out. I think I'll go with the traditional wearing it on the right ring finger until after the ceremony.

Cat

Yup, I think I'll do that as well :D
GZIP: On | Load: 0.39