A Community for Brides Planning their Wedding in Australia

buzzing
I just love to talk
I just love to talk

Re: Engagement ring on wedding day

Wed Jul 07, 2010 11:35 am

Mine doesnt fit on any of my fingers on my right hand (just tried - hehehehehe) :lol:

Ill have my MOH who is my sister wear it and pass it over when heading to the signing table.

CMK
I just love to talk
I just love to talk

Wed Jul 07, 2010 11:36 am

I was going to wear it on my right hand, but my fingers are too fat, so it wouldn't fit. I gave it to my BM to wear and hold, and she slipped it to me as we signed the register, so it was on for all the photos. Worked fine.

Tarz84
♥ Ruler of the Whitehouse ♥
♥ Ruler of the Whitehouse ♥

Wed Jul 07, 2010 11:52 am

CMK wrote:
I was going to wear it on my right hand, but my fingers are too fat, so it wouldn't fit. I gave it to my BM to wear and hold, and she slipped it to me as we signed the register, so it was on for all the photos. Worked fine.

I like this idea.... and it gives a bridesmaid a special little job :)

Mrs_muddie2b

Wed Jul 07, 2010 1:36 pm

MrsNukeie wrote:
mine is being tied on the ring pillow with the other rings as after the "ring ceremony" we're having the "engagement ring ceremony":

The engagement ring is a symbol of promise and intention.
Now the intention is realised and the promise fulfilled.
Groom, please place Brides’s engagement ring on her ring finger outside her wedding ring to symbolise that the love that brought you together will always protect and sustain your marriage.
May the rings you wear be a symbol of unending love and faithfulness to remind you of the covenant into which you have just entered

I lovvvve this idea, but my very energetic 18 month old niece is going to be our flower girl and im worried how she will get down the aisle, never mind be responsible for my ring on a beach! I think ill go with the whole right hand thing, just to be safe! :heart:

beldon
I just love to talk
I just love to talk

Wed Jul 07, 2010 4:29 pm

I'm intending to wear it on my left hand as usual to begin with, so that in all the photos of getting ready and putting on the dress it's on the correct hand, changing it in the car on the way to the ceremony to my right hand, then changing to my left hand for signing. However, my boss wore it on her left hand the whole time and had the wedding ring placed on top and wears the engagment ring under it because the way she figured it was that she was engaged first so she would stack up from it. Anything goes, as long as you're happy.

I think the engagement ceremony is gorgeous :D

turbo311
♥ The New Mrs D ♥

Wed Jul 07, 2010 4:45 pm

Mrs_muddie2b wrote:
MrsNukeie wrote:
mine is being tied on the ring pillow with the other rings as after the "ring ceremony" we're having the "engagement ring ceremony":

The engagement ring is a symbol of promise and intention.
Now the intention is realised and the promise fulfilled.
Groom, please place Brides’s engagement ring on her ring finger outside her wedding ring to symbolise that the love that brought you together will always protect and sustain your marriage.
May the rings you wear be a symbol of unending love and faithfulness to remind you of the covenant into which you have just entered

I lovvvve this idea, but my very energetic 18 month old niece is going to be our flower girl and im worried how she will get down the aisle, never mind be responsible for my ring on a beach! I think ill go with the whole right hand thing, just to be safe! :heart:

I love this idea!!! I think I might have to steal it! :heart:

kaywoman68
♥ Mrs R ♥
♥ Mrs R ♥

Wed Jul 07, 2010 9:46 pm

I ended up wearing my engagement ring on my right hand during the ceremony then put it on afterwards :)
GZIP: On | Load: 0.13