A Community for Brides Planning their Wedding in Australia

Leah3810
Topic Author

My Magnetic Island Wedding... LOTS OF PICS!

Mon Jun 21, 2010 7:59 pm

Hi all
Well a year and a half of planning finally became a dream come true on sunday 13th june. Steve and I tied the knot on Nelly Bay, Magnetic Island QLD. We couldnt have asked for better weather and everything was just perfect.

I have to HIGHLY recommend a few people, Marie Smith (Cake Decorator, the cake was OMG so amazing!!!!), Katrina Logan (Hair & Makeup, Epicure Makeovers, She did SUCH an amazing job on all of us and was so accommodating to everyone changing their mind at the last minute), Roy Leigh Photography & Nikias Leigh Videography, provided an awesome service, did such a great job and met us at the airport with a heap of our pictures!!!, Bernadette Smith (Celebrant), Desflora Flowers (did my silk flower arrangements & theyre awesome), Rachel Seddon from All Seasons Resort. This woman is AMAZING at what she does and made everyone go without a hitch on the day. Also, Duosheng made my dress and did an amazing job!!!!

I also need to thank everyone on here who gave me ideas and advice, it was muchly appreciated.

Here's some pics from the day :)

Last edited by Leah3810 on Mon Jun 21, 2010 8:04 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Leah3810
Topic Author

Re: My Magnetic Island Wedding

Mon Jun 21, 2010 8:02 pm

and some more pics...

Jodie1
I need a title
I need a title

Re: My Magnetic Island Wedding... LOTS OF PICS!

Mon Jun 21, 2010 9:07 pm

Oh Congratulations!!!!

You look amazing!

SmallNads
What You Talking 'Bout Willis?
What You Talking     'Bout Willis?

Mon Jun 21, 2010 9:34 pm

Gorgeous photos :heart: congratulations :D

turbo311
♥ The New Mrs D ♥

Mon Jun 21, 2010 10:38 pm

Wow!!! Its all so beautiful!!! You Baby is so way cute!!!!! Congratulations!!!

bronmelbourne
I just love to talk
I just love to talk

Tue Jun 22, 2010 11:08 am

Congrats!! Your photos all look fantastic! It's good to hear you recommend your suppliers, we're definitely having Katrina, Roy, Bernadette and it looks like the same ceremony location!

drinkyoupretty
little red dot in oz
little red dot in oz

Tue Jun 22, 2010 11:38 am

Congratulations! Beautiful pics. Your flowers were gorgeous and your baby boy... what a star!

Leah3810
Topic Author

Tue Jun 22, 2010 1:53 pm

Thanks everyone, it was really an amazing time and I wish I could do it all again :)
Our son was just amazing on the day & the Reception place even supplied us with a portacot so we could put him to sleep at the Reception!! He turned 3 months on the Friday before the wedding and he was just so well behaved! Made us a very happy mummy & daddy!!!

Bronmelbourne, Im sure it will be fantastic, all those people are great and will do a great job!!!

bronmelbourne
I just love to talk
I just love to talk

Tue Jun 22, 2010 8:07 pm

Leah3810 wrote:
Thanks everyone, it was really an amazing time and I wish I could do it all again :)
Our son was just amazing on the day & the Reception place even supplied us with a portacot so we could put him to sleep at the Reception!! He turned 3 months on the Friday before the wedding and he was just so well behaved! Made us a very happy mummy & daddy!!!

Bronmelbourne, Im sure it will be fantastic, all those people are great and will do a great job!!!

Hopefully!! Any suggestions or things to watch out for?

lidiam
I just love to talk
I just love to talk

Tue Jun 22, 2010 9:46 pm

congrats .. you look beautiful and your baby is just cute. thanks for the pics .

Leah3810
Topic Author

Tue Jun 22, 2010 10:21 pm

bronmelbourne wrote:
Leah3810 wrote:

Watch out for Rita from Mantra (Weddings on Magnetic) They promised me the world in november 09, never heard from them until a week before the wedding then completly stuffed us around. Plus I would NOT recommend Mantra one bright point either, their rooms are not maintained properly and are not cleaned properly either. Every one of our guests (as well as us) were not happy with them or their rooms. It took 6 hours and 6 phonecalls to reception to get a cot in my room (they were told we needed a cot when we booked in January and we confirmed it before we got there as we knew Cameron would be due for a sleep).

For accommodation I would recommend Pure Magnetic (their service & the villas were amazing) or Beachside Apartments.

kyliemartin79
Lady K
Lady K

Tue Jun 22, 2010 11:14 pm

Beautiful photos :heart:

bronmelbourne
I just love to talk
I just love to talk

Wed Jun 23, 2010 3:34 pm

Leah3810 wrote:
bronmelbourne wrote:
Leah3810 wrote:

Watch out for Rita from Mantra (Weddings on Magnetic) They promised me the world in november 09, never heard from them until a week before the wedding then completly stuffed us around. Plus I would NOT recommend Mantra one bright point either, their rooms are not maintained properly and are not cleaned properly either. Every one of our guests (as well as us) were not happy with them or their rooms. It took 6 hours and 6 phonecalls to reception to get a cot in my room (they were told we needed a cot when we booked in January and we confirmed it before we got there as we knew Cameron would be due for a sleep).

For accommodation I would recommend Pure Magnetic (their service & the villas were amazing) or Beachside Apartments.

Haven't had anything to do with Mantra or Weddings on Magnetic yet (who knew there were multiple wedding companies on the one small island?!!) so I'll make sure I steer clear of them should the need arise!
I've stayed at Beachside Apartments before, they were great, very helpful so I'm suggesting them to our guests. I'm glad you recommend Pure Magnetic though, we've booked there for us, bridal party and close friends so I'm glad they're amazing and have good service!
Thanks for the tips!

snowravin
I just love to talk
I just love to talk

Wed Jun 23, 2010 3:37 pm

photos look great and so did you.

my ex and i used Marie smith when we renewed our vows, back a few yrs ago and her cake was the best, we also stayed on maggie it was like another world away,
GZIP: On | Load: 0.46