A Community for Brides Planning their Wedding in Australia

emmylouly
Mrs Klinakis
Mrs Klinakis
Topic Author

How often do you make wedding status updates on FB?

Mon Jul 19, 2010 9:40 pm

After seeing a recent bride I know update her status every few days on facebook with pretty much only wedding related statuses (basically they are all 'getting married in XX days' type of thing) it got me wondering about how often everyone else does it? She is the first I have noticed do it so often, I haven't noticed the WC brides i am friends with on FB do it hardly at all.

Personally I try to keep wedding related stuff off fb as I dont want to bombard people with boring wedding stuff. Honestly I dont feel people are that interested to get an update from me every few days as to how close the wedding is. Maybe they are though... But what does everyone else do? just curious :D

*Riss*
Happiness Forever
Happiness Forever

Re: How often do you make wedding status updates on FB?

Mon Jul 19, 2010 9:44 pm

I tend to keep the wedding stuff to a minimum unless it's a milestone date etc etc but I don't want to bore everyone with it constantly :D

LR
Formerly known as lizzyrose
Formerly known as lizzyrose

Mon Jul 19, 2010 9:48 pm

Considering only 4 of my FB friends are invited to my wedding (only having 19 guests at my wedding) - I hardly post anyting wedding related on there at all.

Besides, the wedding doesn't consume me every day that I feel it warrents FB updates. Not yet anyway.... :roll:

sandy_1902
I need a title
I need a title

Mon Jul 19, 2010 10:06 pm

every now and again ill have a groan about prices or something but oftern theres still over a year to go.. when it gets closer i probably will but not yet

jodieo88
Princess Fitz
Princess Fitz

Mon Jul 19, 2010 10:12 pm

I do when I have something exciting happening, and these last few weeks have been full on wedding, but I try to tone it down, I need to remind myself that everyone isnt as excited as me! :oops:

Twiggy
I just love to talk
I just love to talk

Mon Jul 19, 2010 10:18 pm

I think i have only made one or two posts... more when there is an important milstone has happened like "I got my dress" or " We made our rings today" other then that i keep it off FB

emmylouly
Mrs Klinakis
Mrs Klinakis
Topic Author

Mon Jul 19, 2010 10:40 pm

interesting... now that i think of it the only wedding status ive done was probably about getting engaged...

jhilik
cupcake?
cupcake?

Tue Jul 20, 2010 12:12 am

I don't do very many myself, but tbh, I really enjoy reading the status updates from the few WC ladies I have added on FB.

I find it really hard to keep up with WC (still got my fingers crossed for an iphone app! :lol: ) and FB lets me know what's going on. So to those that do update quite a bit, just remember there are some people who are interested! :D

But yeah - I'm probably only interested cos I'm in the same boat.

With FB updates, I think too much of anything can annoy people. Personally, I get annoyed when someone spam invites me to things, and people who only post negative status updates. I just figure - you can't please everyone! Do whatever, if they don't like it, they'll hide your updates.

StephMT
Can't wait to set a date
Can't wait to set a date

Tue Jul 20, 2010 12:16 am

I don't at all. I have ppl on there that I don't want knowing I'm engaged. Plus if I did, every tom dick and harry would assume they are getting an invite :roll:

kyliemartin79
Lady K
Lady K

Tue Jul 20, 2010 2:27 am

I didn't do it very often because I felt like WC was the place to talk wedding stuff and FB was for other stuff :D
I wanted our friends coming to the wedding to be surprised by our plans, which they were.

tel085

Tue Jul 20, 2010 7:40 am

I talk about exciting stuff but i don't give details. And if i'm looking for recs/opinions/something in particular i'll post asking because most of my friends are from where i am there's not many people on here that are. I won't do a day countdown but I do month countdowns.

jaynage
I survived and got married
I survived and got married

Tue Jul 20, 2010 8:02 am

Obviously it was 2 years ago for me, but I posted hardly anything in status updates about our wedding planning. It bugs me when people post repeatedly about the same content (not just about weddings) so I steer clear of doing it myself.

sylvatin
Together we're unlimited
Together we're unlimited

Tue Jul 20, 2010 8:24 am

Last edited by sylvatin on Fri Sep 10, 2010 7:57 am, edited 1 time in total.

chellebelle
♥ baby on board! ♥
♥ baby on board! ♥

Tue Jul 20, 2010 8:35 am

I make them every now and then (like when we hit 100 days to go, or when we got FH's suit and I posted that he looked handsome in it). I don't update my status all that regularly anyway. FH seems to update my status 'on my behalf' more often then I do :lol: :roll:

Ashie
I just love to talk
I just love to talk

Tue Jul 20, 2010 9:37 am

I only do it once in a blue moon, like I think I've done a status update when we booked in our venue which was kind of a 'Yay venue booked' type of thing - and then one when we found the wedders we liked.. otherwise I don't bother counting down, or updating every 30 seconds.

Part of me wants to keep a lot of my wedding stuff a secret. So the less I divulge publicly, the less people will question and I wont have to elaborate on.

Autumn2010
Tiger Princess
Tiger Princess

Tue Jul 20, 2010 9:39 am

I think i did one when we booked the venue, one when i got my dress, one saying OMG double digits and then as it got closer a few count down ones but they would always be a week or 2 apart. I didn't put alot but i had a few. I don't tend to update my status very often anyway.

Dandelion
Queen Of My Castle
Queen Of My Castle

Tue Jul 20, 2010 10:36 am

I did one on Sunday! :oops: Our 5 month milestone, but had lots of WC and real life friends get excited.
I don't do them all the time (did one the other day about getting my dress though) but they do sneak in there once and a while. I have a lot of people who post constantly about their kids or their work, I don't see it as any different.

bryaneunice
♥ Lady Eunice ♥
♥ Lady Eunice ♥

Tue Jul 20, 2010 11:00 am

I don't make any wedding status updates on FB. The last thing I did was changing the relationship status from 'In A Relationship' to 'Engaged' :lol: I don't want to reveal so much before my big day. I've always wanted my friends to experience my wedding day unexpected, and not to be feeling as if they've already seen it all.

amberino21
Mrs Cupcake

Tue Jul 20, 2010 11:22 am

I hardly make any- there's quite a few people who think they're getting an invite who aren't so I'd rather them not know anything!

emmylouly
Mrs Klinakis
Mrs Klinakis
Topic Author

Tue Jul 20, 2010 3:06 pm

Dandelion wrote:
I did one on Sunday! :oops: Our 5 month milestone, but had lots of WC and real life friends get excited.
I don't do them all the time (did one the other day about getting my dress though) but they do sneak in there once and a while. I have a lot of people who post constantly about their kids or their work, I don't see it as any different.

I dont think anyone should be embarassed - I was just curious as to the norm! People post statuses with what is important in their lives, so I dont think there is anything wrong with your wedding being important to you!
GZIP: On | Load: 0.24