A Community for Brides Planning their Wedding in Australia

LillyPie
I just love to talk
I just love to talk
Topic Author

What are people having as their wedding cars?

Tue Jul 20, 2010 4:53 pm

Well as the title suggests, I'm just interested to know what cars people are using for their wedding. I really can't decide and I think we need to book something now as we are getting married in February. I want something big and roomy, so some type of stretch limo, and it needs to be airconditioned being a feb wedding.

FH has suggested he'd like to get a hummer, I'm not sure though, they are a little pricey and I don't love the way they look. They are a bit truck like for me personally. But I'm happy to get that if he really wants it (as i have picked plenty of things that I really want so far) but he is a bit undecided too.

I like the Chrysler stretch limos, but they don't go down the drive where we are getting married, and you have to get dropped off at the road, so I'm ruling that out of course.

jaynage
I survived and got married

Re: What are people having as their wedding cars?

Tue Jul 20, 2010 5:00 pm

We had 3 black late model BMW 7 series. One was my dad's, and we hired the other 2.

SpecialKK
♥ Love being Mrs B ♥
♥ Love being Mrs B ♥

Tue Jul 20, 2010 5:01 pm

Do you mean a normal hummer or a hummer limo? Cos if a Chrysler limo wont fit down the drive a hummer one probably wont either.
What about 2 normal sized chryslers if you like that style?

We are having 2 cars, a black Chrysler 300 and a black Mercedes (we werent fussed about cars and they are our parent's (FH's mum and my dad) cars which are nice enough for wedding cars we decided to use them and not spend any $)

Autumn2010
Tiger Princess
Tiger Princess

Tue Jul 20, 2010 5:03 pm

We had a territory stretch. I thought it was great and i let dh pick the cars.

bryaneunice
♥ Lady Eunice ♥
♥ Lady Eunice ♥

Tue Jul 20, 2010 5:05 pm

We're considering having a classic Jaguar but we haven't booked anything yet.. so it might just change later :mrgreen:

*Riss*
Happiness Forever
Happiness Forever

Tue Jul 20, 2010 5:06 pm

We are having a Black Hummer, I am getting to the ceremony in a white stretch limo and then will be joining FH and the bridal party in the hummer after the ceremony (I didn't want a big fuss with my car, I just wanted to get there hehe)

jodieo88
Princess Fitz
Princess Fitz

Tue Jul 20, 2010 5:07 pm

If Dan gets a job, 300C limo and a Sedan.

If he doesn't, we're going to hire from the prestiege range at Hertz, I get a big discount :)

emmylouly
Mrs Klinakis
Mrs Klinakis

Tue Jul 20, 2010 5:12 pm

We are having a white 1957 Cadillac limo (seats 8 - to get to church & for the BP afterwards) and a pink 1957 Cadillac convertible (for us 2 after the church). I wanted a limo as its more convenient but wanted something a bit classier than the usual.

Cant save pics from their website as they have done it in flash but you can see them at http://chevyredhire.com.au/

amberino21
Mrs Cupcake

Tue Jul 20, 2010 5:46 pm

I don't see the need in having fancy cars - our guests aren't going to see it and I'm not fussed about photos standing next to a meaningless car. We'll probably hire something a bit nicer than our old ute and Mazda though :)

Miss2Mrs
Happily Ever After
Happily Ever After

Tue Jul 20, 2010 5:57 pm

Last edited by Miss2Mrs on Wed Jun 15, 2011 3:24 pm, edited 1 time in total.

tel085

Tue Jul 20, 2010 6:26 pm

That's our dilema at the moment, no where here hires cars for weddings and i don't want a limo. FH wants big 4wd's (he's right into 4wd comps) but what he want's are road legal. We're looking at getting prado's from a mate who's high up at toyota. If not we would like chryslers but i'll have to do a carpark drop to see if i can find some who will allow us to do it. Last case senario is i have a friend who owns a VE Clubsport, her daughter owns a VE SS and I"ll just have to find another VE.

beldon
I just love to talk
I just love to talk

Tue Jul 20, 2010 6:38 pm

I'm not fussed too much on cars myself. We ended up booking a white LTD stretch to take my dad, me and the BMs in then me, FH, BMs and GMs around for photos and to the reception. Ideally, I would have loved a chrysler limo, but overall what is the car at the end of the day except a means to get around? But the photographer mentioned the necessity of air con because if you have photos taken inside the car in summer, it is so very hot and your hair drops and your make up sweats

LillyPie
I just love to talk
I just love to talk
Topic Author

Tue Jul 20, 2010 7:30 pm

We have spoken to someone local with a black LTD stretch who offered us a good deal as they live near the venue. They also said they can easily get their car down the drive. So I'd be happy to use that, only about $900 compared to maybe $1950 for the hummer. The stretch hummer can get down the drive too, as they are higher off the ground than Chryslers.

I really want a big stretch car, purely for the fact that my dress is big, and I don't want to be sitting really close to people in case I'm all hot and flustered. I don't want to get sweat patches before the ceremony!

So I think it'll be a choice between the LTD and the hummer. I would go for the LTD but I think FH will go for the hummer.

mllelozza
Mrs Mummy
Mrs Mummy

Tue Jul 20, 2010 9:35 pm

Last edited by mllelozza on Sat Feb 12, 2011 11:38 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Becra83
♪ Everlong ♫
♪ Everlong ♫

Tue Jul 20, 2010 11:31 pm

Last edited by Becra83 on Sat Feb 26, 2011 10:27 pm, edited 1 time in total.

kimberlina81

Wed Jul 21, 2010 12:24 am

Choices choices girls!

In Townsville there is a limited range of cars, especially the vintage ones. You really have to know someone or you're pretty stuffed. :roll:

We had a vintage blue Rolls Royce (my something blue!) for me, my sis and Dad to rock up to the ceremony in and then a maroon mustang as our getaway from the reception car. Was awesome, thoroughly enjoyed it. They asked if I wanted the top up but I said no way! (Townsville girls, it is "It's a Must", http://www.itsamustweddingcarhire.com.au)

Cars can be pretty expensive, but they can add a lot of personality to your wedding! If I had been able to hire one, I would have LOVED an FJ Holden ute! But hubby probably wouldn't have let me ha ha :roll: :lol: But the FJ Holden Special (sedan) is one classy car (and if you are in Perth, it looks like you are in luck, they have a company there that has them).
holden-fj-special.thumbnail.JPG

jetsetterjess
Jess the Best
Jess the Best

Wed Jul 21, 2010 1:18 am

I'd love to have Chrysler 300C sedans like Becra, but with the budget atm we will probably just hire some cars from hertz etc. probably an audi A6/ford falcon or similar.

FY
Formerly known as katburke
Formerly known as katburke

Wed Jul 21, 2010 9:20 am

I am going In a stretch golf buggy :D

As it's on an island don't have far to go!

Bride Bec
I need a title
I need a title

Wed Jul 21, 2010 10:59 am

Our wedding transport is a horse drawn carriage. It is black and will fit myself, dad & 3 bridesmaids. It is gorgeous and something I'm so glad to have picked. It is $1200 for 3 hours hire.

CMK
I just love to talk
I just love to talk

Wed Jul 21, 2010 11:01 am

We had a golf buggy!!! :D Classy as!!
We were at a resort as well, so just a quick ride across the resort and up the hill! Good fun though! :lol:
GZIP: On | Load: 0.53