A Community for Brides Planning their Wedding in Australia

Bride Bec
I need a title
I need a title
Topic Author

Cake type & costs?

Thu Jul 22, 2010 12:27 pm

I am just curious what type of cake is everyone having and its cost?

We are having a round, 3 tier mudcake each tier a different flavour. Much the same as the attached picture but with black ribbon and no pearls. There will also be no flowers on top but little novelty people made by the baker.
She is charging us $375 including delivery. We are having approx 80 guests but we are also having buffet dessert. We are also planning on keeping the top tier for our first wedding anniversary.

Just interested to see what everyone else is having!

leena
I just love to talk
I just love to talk

Re: Cake type & costs?

Thu Jul 22, 2010 12:29 pm

im having a 2 tier mud cake (one layer white and the other choc) with ganache and white choc shards around, a bit of ribbon and a few fresh flowers. ive been quoted $300-$400 from a few different suppliers for it. i was going to make it myself, but i tried and failed so am now leaving it to the experts!

Libranlady
I just love to talk
I just love to talk

Thu Jul 22, 2010 12:37 pm

A two tier cake in Fergusun Plare in the celebration book is $135.00, you need to get someone to pick it up for that price

It serves about 75 people - :tick: bargain and it is gorgeous

This is the inspiration pic, for $135.00 the cake is round, and you bring in your own bling

kachward
♥ Mrs KK ♥
♥ Mrs KK ♥

Thu Jul 22, 2010 12:44 pm

We're having a two tier square cake as dessert for 70 odd people. Bottom layer has sugarpaste icing with black filigree heart pattern and top layer will have a plain ribbon with diamante buckle (supplied by us). Bottom layer will be mud cake and top will be fruit so we can keep it for our 1st anniversary. We were quoted $300 not including delivery.

amberino21
Mrs Cupcake

Thu Jul 22, 2010 1:52 pm

Ours is costing $900 incl delivery

it's 3 tiers- bottom tier is half truffle layer cake, half red wine choc mud, middle tier is half truffle layer cake, half white choc mud, top is citrus white choc mud

it's too big for us but we wanted three tiers :)

the bottom tier is covered in silver leaf, the middle has a damask pattern in black, the top is plain...each tier has ribbon, there's icing flowers and our cakemaker is buying the stencil for the pattern...

SpecialKK
♥ Love being Mrs B ♥
♥ Love being Mrs B ♥

Thu Jul 22, 2010 3:18 pm

Bride Bec wrote:
I am just curious what type of cake is everyone having and its cost?

We are having a round, 3 tier mudcake each tier a different flavour. Much the same as the attached picture but with black ribbon and no pearls. There will also be no flowers on top but little novelty people made by the baker.
She is charging us $375 including delivery. We are having approx 80 guests but we are also having buffet dessert. We are also planning on keeping the top tier for our first wedding anniversary.

Just interested to see what everyone else is having!

We are also having 3 tier mud cake with different flavoured tiers and its pretty much the exact same price you are being charged. We have over 100 guests but we are only serving it in cake bags to take home. Ours is very plain though with rendered royal icing and fresh flowers (which she isnt providing because she wanted to charge us $100 just for a couple of roses!)

MalinViktoria
Tattooed Wife
Tattooed Wife

Thu Jul 22, 2010 5:41 pm

Can anyone recommend any wedding cake makers in Brisbane? :)

jaynage
I survived and got married
I survived and got married

Thu Jul 22, 2010 6:33 pm

MalinViktoria wrote:

Sarah-Jane from Cake That is awesome!

We had 3 tier choc mud, whitechoc and raspberry mud, and marble mud. Icing was rolled with filigree and ribbons along each tier base, fresh roses between the tiers, and fresh lilies too. I thinkit was 500 and something, can't remember exactly.

jellybeanicecream

Thu Jul 22, 2010 11:48 pm

Ours looks like this (except there will be six tiers to accommodate 120 cakes, and the top will be pale pink peonies) and is costing us $650 as I recall:

thecupcakekitchen.jpg

kachward
♥ Mrs KK ♥
♥ Mrs KK ♥

Fri Jul 23, 2010 8:54 am

jaynage wrote:
MalinViktoria wrote:

Sarah-Jane from Cake That is awesome!

We had 3 tier choc mud, whitechoc and raspberry mud, and marble mud. Icing was rolled with filigree and ribbons along each tier base, fresh roses between the tiers, and fresh lilies too. I thinkit was 500 and something, can't remember exactly.

We wanted Sarah-Jane as well. She came highly recommended by our celebrant and alot of people we spoke too but she wasn't available for our wedding. :( So we're using the cheescake shop and a local decorator who works in conjunction.

leana
♥ S & L - A & F ♥
♥ S & L - A & F ♥

Fri Jul 23, 2010 2:18 pm

I recently changed the design of my cake, and will be getting a new quote some time on the weekend. But we're having a 2 tier chocolate sponge cake with cream inserts and chocolate ganache icing. (Serves 80-100 for dessert.) PLUS a 12" square sponge kitchen cake with cream inserts as our anniversary cake. (I'm pretty sure our baker said the anniversary cake is free with any wedding cake and they make it the same as your wedding cake.) The cake will look similar to the cake below but with different colours and flowers. (The cake we were having before was quoted at $410 plus $45 for delivery but the new design will be slightly more expensive)
4tierweddingdiam11EDIT.jpg

Bride2BNeats

Mon Jul 26, 2010 7:50 pm

I am lucky on this subject as this is what my mum does as a living.

We are having 4 tiers the bottom is a dummy cake ( Covered in polystyrene ) and the 3 others will be White, Chocolate and Banana Mud.
It will be in our Black and white theme and Feathers and Diamonte Letter A & D in the top with flourish piping Diamonte trim on the bottom of the cake it's hard to picture as mum and I designed it from 5 different cakes. But once the big day comes I will be able to post a photo- Cost A hug & A Kiss :D

seaweed
I need a title
I need a title

Tue Jul 27, 2010 12:06 am

Jellybean, that is expensive. We charge $500 including set up and delivery, and an extra $35 if hiring of our stand is required.

princess_shantelle

Tue Jul 27, 2010 7:08 am

I wanted a big wedding cake so, we had a 8 tier monster. 2 of the tiers were foam the rest were mud cake. I made my own topper. AND... it cost $1500... But.. I work at the cake shop so i got it at half price :D

In regards to other cakes, it is had to put a single price on for example 2 tier mud wedding cake. It depends a lot on the work involved, exspecially drapes and lots of piping.. Also, some of the flavours are much more expensive, such as fruit cake, bannana and other more time consuming cakes. All I can say is shop around, I tell my clients that too, I know we are expensive, and I cant tell when I give a quote they are sometimes shocked. Ask your cake person how they can cut costs, icing instead of fondant ect. You may be able to shave a few $$$ and still have the cake of your dreams and it still taste awesome!! :wink:

jodieo88
Princess Fitz
Princess Fitz

Tue Jul 27, 2010 9:35 am

I am in love with your cake! It is gorgeous! :heart: :heart: :heart:
GZIP: On | Load: 0.2