Topic Author

Question about wedding purchases.

Fri Jul 23, 2010 2:16 pm

Hello,

I was just wondering how many of you are purchasing

- cake knife
- Toasting flutes
- signing of the certificate pen.

Does a venue usually supply these or is it expected that we purchase our own?

Just a little bit confused here...

kachward
♥ Mrs KK ♥
♥ Mrs KK ♥

Re: Question about wedding purchases.

Fri Jul 23, 2010 2:20 pm

Hiya! Our venue is supplying the pen and the cake knife set, and My parents already bought me some cheap toasting flutes for photos etc just in case they got broken. However I have asked for the Vera Wang toasting flutes and cake knife set as Hen's gifts so would have the choice of using those if I did manage to get lucky.

I'm going to make my own feather pen as I wanted one in a particular colour.

Some venues will supply these things for you but it depends on what you want i.e. feather pen, detailed cake knife or fancy flutes. I'd check with them to see what they offer.

Darens Girl

Re:

Fri Jul 23, 2010 2:25 pm

Last edited by Darens Girl on Sun Feb 20, 2011 9:41 am, edited 2 times in total.

jaynage
I survived and got married
I survived and got married

Fri Jul 23, 2010 2:28 pm

Laura03 wrote:
- cake knife
- Toasting flutes
- signing of the certificate pen

Nope to all three. Reception venue provided the knife and flutes, and I have no idea who's pen we used to sign the certificate in the church. Could have come from out of someone's handbag for all I remember.

amberino21
Mrs Cupcake

Fri Jul 23, 2010 2:48 pm

I happen to have a cake knife that I've never used so might use that (unless the venue has one..)

they use riedel for their wine/champagne etc so won't bother with toasting flutes...I'm also not sure what I'm supposed to do with two random glasses that don't match!

Signing pen is supplied by the celebrant

SpecialKK
♥ Love being Mrs B ♥
♥ Love being Mrs B ♥

Fri Jul 23, 2010 2:49 pm

Our venue can supply cake knife and signing pen. I was originally going to buy our own but thought why waste the money! But we are buying toasting flutes as our venue doesnt supply them

Bride Bec
I need a title
I need a title

Fri Jul 23, 2010 3:41 pm

We got a lovely cake knife & server as an engagement present so we are using those but we could use one provided by the venue. I'm not planning on buying a flashy pen just using something that works, I don't really see the point but that's just me! My god parents are buying us our toasting flutes ( they did the same for sister's wedding last year) they got nice ones that entwine and have the engraved. Not really my thing but will be a nice keep sake.

leena
I just love to talk
I just love to talk

Fri Jul 23, 2010 4:22 pm

our venue is providing the flutes and cake knife (we get to keep the flutes and they have them engraved with our names :-))
for the pen, we have to supply our own- i think im going to get one fo the feather ones cos theyre pretty

Scarlett
I need a title
I need a title

Fri Jul 23, 2010 6:19 pm

We're not having a cake, so don't need to worry about that, but I would assume that most kitchens/caterers would be able to provide a knife.

Toasting flutes - I never really understood this! :D If we have toasts, we'll just raise whatever glass we happen to have in our hand at the time.

Pen - again, I'm happy to use anything, and most celebrants/churches will provide these.

But then, in case you hadn't already figured, I'm not that sentimental about keepsakes (they just clutter up cupboards for a few years until I get sick of storing them at which point they get chucked out!!) :lol:

kimbalea

Fri Jul 23, 2010 9:31 pm

Scarlett wrote:
We're not having a cake, so don't need to worry about that, but I would assume that most kitchens/caterers would be able to provide a knife.

Toasting flutes - I never really understood this! :D If we have toasts, we'll just raise whatever glass we happen to have in our hand at the time.

Pen - again, I'm happy to use anything, and most celebrants/churches will provide these.

But then, in case you hadn't already figured, I'm not that sentimental about keepsakes (they just clutter up cupboards for a few years until I get sick of storing them at which point they get chucked out!!) :lol:

Scarlett, I'm with you. I don't understand the toasting flutes. Am I missing something?

nomesy
I need a title
I need a title

Fri Jul 23, 2010 10:06 pm

LOL im the same......

im not buying non of the above...
our pen is supplied from our celebrant...... if need be ill borrow one from somebody's hand bag!
as for cake knife, our venue is supplying it.
toasting flutes.... ive purchased spirit glasses for the boys and champer glasses for us girls, so well be using them!!!!!!!!! ive personalised them, so im not spending more on a toasting flutes for us... FH doesnt touch wine!!!!
GZIP: On | Load: 0.18