A Community for Brides Planning their Wedding in Australia

hac12549
Topic Author

who organises hens?

Sun Aug 01, 2010 10:06 am

is it normally MOH? we arnt having any attendants except for niece/nephews af PB/FG. i ort of want one but think its a bit rude for me to organise one myself, and dont want to ask/tell someone (sister/friend) to organise one.

*Riss*
Happiness Forever
Happiness Forever

Re: who organises hens?

Sun Aug 01, 2010 10:11 am

My MOH and BM have organised my Hens, MOH has done most of the general organising/booking and BM has done games etc for the day. It's next weekend, I can't wait :D

belle11235
'maybe i'm amazed'
'maybe i'm amazed'

Sun Aug 01, 2010 10:44 am

My MOH has organised my hens and also bridal shower. I am BM for another friend who is organising her own though and I don't think there's anything wrong or rude about that.

Karza156
♥ Happily ever after ♥
♥ Happily ever after ♥

Sun Aug 01, 2010 11:06 am

My MOH and I will be organising my hens together. I already know what I want to do for it, so she will just be helping me organise, as opposed to organising it for me.

I think its different for different ppl but i dont think there is anything wrong with organising it yourself. Everyone has different opinions on it though :D

mllelozza
Mrs Mummy
Mrs Mummy

Sun Aug 01, 2010 11:12 am

Last edited by mllelozza on Sat Feb 12, 2011 11:25 pm, edited 1 time in total.

jaynage
I survived and got married
I survived and got married

Sun Aug 01, 2010 3:16 pm

I organised most of my hen's jointly with one of my BMs. I wanted it that way, as I'm a control freak :oops:

hac12549 wrote:
I sort of want one but think its a bit rude for me to organise one myself, and dont want to ask/tell someone (sister/friend) to organise one.

I don't think it's necessarily rude to have to organise it yourself. It would be great if all your BMs had the time/money to invest in it. But at the end of the day, we are all living busy lives, so I decided to organise mine as I didn't want the responsibility to fall on to one of my BMs.

Dandelion
Queen Of My Castle
Queen Of My Castle

Sun Aug 01, 2010 3:17 pm

My super awesome bridesmaids are organising mine - they're actually having planning meetings that I am not allowed to attend! :lol: Mine will be a total surprise, the only thing they said they would tell me closer to the date will be a dress code. :mrgreen:

af3ktdess

Sun Aug 01, 2010 4:51 pm

My MOH lives 3 hours away from us :( So my mum has taken over organising it, grant you my mum is helping with the whole wedding :) The only thing I am doing is approving who she is inviting (we are having a small wedding of 30 people so she is inviting people from work ect to hens party )

Allicat9
Lost the Golden Garter
Lost the Golden Garter

Sun Aug 01, 2010 5:05 pm

One of my BM's organised most of it, with a bit of help from my MOH and other BM.

I pretty much dictated what we did and I did the invites myself... I think it's fine to organise it yourself!

SpecialKK
♥ Love being Mrs B ♥
♥ Love being Mrs B ♥

Sun Aug 01, 2010 6:06 pm

Allicat9 wrote:
One of my BM's organised most of it, with a bit of help from my MOH and other BM.

I pretty much dictated what we did and I did the invites myself... I think it's fine to organise it yourself!

This is the same for me. Ive pretty much told them what I want and they have gone about organising it all. I think its fine to organise it yourself, not rude at all. Maybe just speak to your MOH about whether she had anything in mind/planned and then tell her what you would like to do.

hac12549
Topic Author

Sun Aug 01, 2010 8:17 pm

SpecialKK wrote:
Maybe just speak to your MOH about whether she had anything in mind/planned and then tell her what you would like to do.

thats the thing, im not having bridesmaids or a maid of honour as i dont really have any close girlfriends

Karza156
♥ Happily ever after ♥
♥ Happily ever after ♥

Mon Aug 02, 2010 12:08 am

hac12549 wrote:
thats the thing, im not having bridesmaids or a maid of honour as i dont really have any close girlfriends

hmmm well in that case hun, u might need to have more of a hand in organising your hens night than u would otherwise have liked. I re-read your first post and noticed u had a sister. Maybe u could ask her to help you organise it - so that way you have somebody to assist u, but u are not leaving the entire thing to somebody who is not in the bridal party (but of course that would depend on how close you two are, how comfortable u are with her and if she would be offended by u asking). It is a trickier situation than normal, because it is usually the bridesmaids who help in the planning of the hens night. Good luck with it all! :)

LillyPie
I just love to talk
I just love to talk

Mon Aug 02, 2010 10:03 am

Karza156 wrote:
I re-read your first post and noticed u had a sister. Maybe u could ask her to help you organise it

I think this is a good idea too. There's nothing wrong with organising yourself, but it is supposed to be something organised for you by the females closest to you.

I just think it'd be a bit disappointing for you to have to organise your own hens without anyone else's help or input, but if it doesn't worry you, then go for it!
GZIP: On | Load: 0.29