A Community for Brides Planning their Wedding in Australia

Laura03
I just love to talk
I just love to talk
Topic Author

What do you think of this entrance song?

Mon Aug 02, 2010 11:50 am

Hello!

FH and I were discussing our music yesterday and he has completely fallen in love with the idea of having "Goldfinger - Shirley Bassey" from the James Bond movies as our entrance song into the reception. Its kind of funny as he is so enthused with the idea, begging me "please please please can we have this song?" Its funny that men become so enthused about the most random things. lol
The only thing is that I am not 100% sold on the idea. Don't get me wrong I think it is a awesome song with great music but I don't know if it would look stupid as a entrance song?
That is where you lovely ladies come in...I need some honest opinions on this please as I can't really picture it at the moment. I would like him to have it as he has been so easy going with the whole wedding process, letting me have whatever I wanted. (we basically agree on most things anyway..im not a spoilt bridezilla)

Sorry for the ramble, hopefully you can help me..

jaynage
I survived and got married
I survived and got married

Re: What do you think of this entrance song?

Mon Aug 02, 2010 12:10 pm

A lot of people choose funny/humourous/theme songs to enter the reception, so the idea itself is not that out there. And by that stage of the day, things are generally more relaxed anyway. At my BIL and SIL's wedding, they walked in to the Indiana Jones theme. Another wedding I went to reasonably recently, they used the Sex and the City theme music. Other people use songs like Queen's "Another one bites the dust", to inject a bit of fun into things.

I guess the thing to consider is whether it would significantly clash with the theme/feel of your wedding (ie. if it was a very very formal wedding), and weigh that up against how significant and meaningful it is for your DH to have that song.

Bride Bec
I need a title
I need a title

Mon Aug 02, 2010 12:16 pm

If you like it go with with it!!!!! Who cares if other people think its stupid. It wouldnt be my choice but who am I to tell you what you like or what you should have :D . If it is something that you and FH will look back on in twenty years and laugh about, why not! :D While I love music and our music choices have been difficult at the end of the day it is one song ( as my FH keeps telling me!) :roll:

Laura03
I just love to talk
I just love to talk
Topic Author

Mon Aug 02, 2010 5:10 pm

Thanks for your opinions..much appreciated :D

Any more out there? :heart:

ellejay
♥ totally married ♥
♥ totally married ♥

Mon Aug 02, 2010 6:55 pm

I think anything goes and if your FH really wants it then why not go for it! Jaynage makes some great points about considering whether it classes with the feel of your wedding and I agree that if your wedding reception is quite a formal event then perhaps it isn't appropriate.

*Riss*
Happiness Forever
Happiness Forever

Mon Aug 02, 2010 7:36 pm

I think if you like it then go for it - it's your decision hun :D

deedeedee
I just love to talk
I just love to talk

Mon Aug 02, 2010 9:37 pm

It's important that you both like it, but I do think it's a pretty cool song, and your guests would probably get a kick out of it.

BUT- mainly what stood out ot me in your post was how much your FH wants it! I think that's adorable, and if I were in your shoes I'd defintely let him have it :D

drinkyoupretty
little red dot in oz
little red dot in oz

Mon Aug 02, 2010 9:47 pm

Only if you both walk in dramatically like Shirley Bassey would i.e.: facial expressions.
For those who don't know what I'm talking about: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=51Wg6k9cWhM

Nah, JK... I agree with the rest, if you both like it, go for it!

Miss2Mrs
Happily Ever After
Happily Ever After

Mon Aug 02, 2010 9:51 pm

No sorry dont like it

nursekristel
♥ beach bride ♥
♥ beach bride ♥

Mon Aug 02, 2010 10:35 pm

I agree that if you both like it go for it :D
If it will make both of u smile and more at ease on the day then why not! it will just make it more special :heart:

kachward
♥ Mrs KK ♥
♥ Mrs KK ♥

Tue Aug 03, 2010 9:12 am

My FH has been very laid back with the planning process and there has really been only one thing that he asked for which was to fly in with his GM's by chopper. So of course I said yes.

Everyone keeps saying 'he's going to steal your thunder!' which I think is a load of bulldust. To me, the day is about US not ME. So if FH would be stoked with flying in and it would make the day for him, then that makes me happy too. I get to spend a ridiculous amount on a dress and have everyone 'ooooh' and 'aaaaah' over me all day so why not let FH have his bit of fun right at the start.

I say if you are only concerned about the song because of what people will think.....stuff 'em. It's your day to celebrate and if you are happy to go with that song for the sake of FH then do it.

If not, then maybe make a compromise by having a fun song that's a little more traditional. AC/DC you shook me all night long or Queens another one bites the dust as jaynage said. Either way have fun and enjoy it!

BTW, our entrance song is the footrot flats theme 'Slice of Heaven' by Dave Dobbyn :D
GZIP: On | Load: 0.44