A Community for Brides Planning their Wedding in Australia

71TSS
I just love to talk
I just love to talk
Topic Author

Weddng Day brekky??

Thu Aug 12, 2010 12:23 pm

Hi ladies,

Just curious as to what people have or are going to organise for brekky on their wedding day? My hair lady wants me from 9.30am, so is it worth getting room service and just deliver to the room? Or go out somewhere and have a relaxing start to the day?

kachward
♥ Mrs KK ♥
♥ Mrs KK ♥

Re: Weddng Day brekky??

Thu Aug 12, 2010 12:29 pm

The place we are staying at is a cottage surrounded by bushland and all brekky stuff will be supplied for us to cook our own when we want which is great as I think we will be kicking off really early so we can still relax outside or inside at our own leisure.

*Riss*
Happiness Forever
Happiness Forever

Thu Aug 12, 2010 12:48 pm

Something really healthy and filling i.e. fruit/Toast, I don't want anything too doughy etc that will make me feel bloated and tired :D

NN
I survived and got married

Thu Aug 12, 2010 1:47 pm

My wedding is not till December so the breakfast decision will be one that I will leave up to the last minute to see how I'm feeling. From one perspective. we are quite a few of us and I want to have a nice relaxing and filling breakfast just in case we don't get to eat much during the day, so we will probably have orange juice, coffee, toast, eggs, fruit, etc. However If the day before I feel like I am too nervous and not holding down much food then I won't be stressing out too much about the breakfast bit.

Mmmm, :e_think: That's the plan anyway,

craigs girl
The Bandit
The Bandit

Thu Aug 12, 2010 1:57 pm

My dad made me vegemite and cheese on toast :heart: :D

carly_buttons
Done and dusted
Done and dusted

Thu Aug 12, 2010 2:21 pm

My mum made ham and cheese crosiants (sp) but I didn't eat anything until after the ceremony.

Daughter
To infinity and beyond...
To infinity and beyond...

Thu Aug 12, 2010 2:21 pm

We're staying at the venue the night before and breakfast is included so we'll eat in the restaurant. Our ceremony isn't til 4:30 so we'll have plenty of time to fill in earlier in the morning.

leana
♥ S & L - A & F ♥
♥ S & L - A & F ♥

Thu Aug 12, 2010 4:03 pm

I'm getting ready at my MUA's house (who's also coming to the wedding) and we'll have a few extra girls with us for most of the morning, and the ceremony isn't until 4.30pm. I don't normally eat breakfast so I was thinking of getting one of the Subway platters for all of us (and one for the boys at FH's uncles house too). At least that way there is food if anyone wants it, and I don't have to prepare anything! Apart from that I was originally thinking of getting some fruit or nuts or something light like that so we can just nibble, but I probably won't decide until a few weeks before?

*Riss*
Happiness Forever
Happiness Forever

Thu Aug 12, 2010 4:43 pm

craigs girl wrote:

That sounds perfect - no need to make a big fuss :D

deedeedee
I just love to talk
I just love to talk

Thu Aug 12, 2010 4:55 pm

I'm not a big brekky eater, so I'll probably just have my usual bowl of cereal or some toast :lol: I do however want to make sure we've all eaten lunch so we don't feel queasy during the ceremony, so will definitely be getting some sandwich platters and probably some fruit done up for brunch/lunch..

*Riss*
Happiness Forever
Happiness Forever

Thu Aug 12, 2010 5:07 pm

I can't understand people who don't eat breakfast, I will throw up if I leave the house in the morning without eating it

jaynage

Thu Aug 12, 2010 5:12 pm

russa1 wrote:
I will throw up if I leave the house in the morning without eating it

I am exactly the same as this.

We got ready at my parents' house on the morning of the wedding (I stayed over the night), and for breakfast my mum made up a big platter with fresh fruit, and juices and tea/coffee. I also had a bowl of Froot Loops! When we were kids, my mum only ever bought Froot Loops for breakfast for special occasions only, ie. Christmas or birthdays. Our wedding was a special enough occasion for Froot Loops :D

craigs girl
The Bandit
The Bandit

Thu Aug 12, 2010 7:03 pm

russa1 wrote:
craigs girl wrote:

That sounds perfect - no need to make a big fuss :D

It was perfect! Dad used to make it for me all the time when I was little. Oh, and mum bought me a coffe, most important!

jaynage wrote:
When we were kids, my mum only ever bought Froot Loops for breakfast for special occasions only, ie. Christmas or birthdays. Our wedding was a special enough occasion for Froot Loops :D

Cute :D :D

nomesy
I need a title
I need a title

Thu Aug 12, 2010 7:13 pm

thats awesome about the fruit loops and vegimite on toast!

I told my FH that i was going to make my MOH make all us girls pancakes lol altho she doesnt know this yet. But i may change my mind, i dont think ill have breaky and lunch, maybe just a brunch! My moh is a chef, just like me, so i know she'll make good pancakes if i do ask her :)

FY
Formerly known as katburke
Formerly known as katburke

Thu Aug 12, 2010 9:32 pm

Since we will already be on the island and spending the night before together FH and I are going to the buffet breakfast! Not sure how much I will eat but will go for the coffee at least :D

jetsetterjess
Jess the Best
Jess the Best

Thu Aug 12, 2010 10:48 pm

whenever i stay at mum and dad's we usually have pancakes or bacon and eggs in the morning so will probably be something along those lines. ceremony isn't until 4:30 so have plenty of time to get a feed in and chillax on the morning.
i don't think i'd go out for brekky in case it's more hassle, rather take it easy at my parent's place.

razzarach
♥ born to be a bride ♥
♥ born to be a bride ♥

Fri Aug 13, 2010 9:05 am

russa1 wrote:
I can't understand people who don't eat breakfast, I will throw up if I leave the house in the morning without eating it

I know, I wouldn't be able to get through the day. I'd be starving and tired!!

I am thinking of just having some little things to nibble at, maybe some croissants and toast and fruit etc. Not a big breakfast or I'd feel sick!

Tan984
Mrs Stranger Danger
Mrs Stranger Danger

Fri Aug 13, 2010 9:10 am

carly_buttons wrote:
My mum made ham and cheese crosiants (sp) but I didn't eat anything until after the ceremony.

My mum did the same, plus when we all woke up she gave us a tall glass full of yoghurt, mixed berries, topped with oats. So yummy, we also had a friend make sandwiches for lunch cut into little triangles with non messy fillings!

Ashie
I just love to talk
I just love to talk

Fri Aug 13, 2010 10:32 am

I'll be staying at the Crowne Plaza Hotel the night before the wedding, so I plan on taking full advantage of their scrumptious breakfast buffet! The wedding is at 3pm, so I'm sure I'll need to make sure I have a nice big breakfast to keep me awake/energised throughout the days hustle and bustle, as I'm sure by lunch time I'll be too consumed with hair/makeup/dresses, etc to remember to eat much for lunch!

Darens Girl

Re:

Fri Aug 13, 2010 10:40 am

Last edited by Darens Girl on Sun Feb 20, 2011 11:35 am, edited 1 time in total.
GZIP: On | Load: 0.14