A Community for Brides Planning their Wedding in Australia

Mills2B
I need a title
I need a title
Topic Author

Split Wedding Bands & the Ring Ceremony

Sun Aug 15, 2010 5:35 pm

I have opted for a fine diamond band either side of my engagement ring, and am now wondering how to go about the ring ceremony on my wedding day.

All I can come up with is for FH just to put the two rings on at once, and worry about switching it all later, or for him to put on one ring, then to move my engagement ring from my right hand to my left, then to put the second ring on.

I'm wondering what others with split wedders have done, or what other ideas people may have.

jaynage
I survived and got married
I survived and got married

Re: Split Wedding Bands & the Ring Ceremony

Sun Aug 15, 2010 6:52 pm

Purely for simplicity during the ceremony, if it was me I'd rather just have the dual bands put on together, and then change it over later.

Karza156
♥ Happily ever after ♥
♥ Happily ever after ♥

Sun Aug 15, 2010 6:55 pm

jaynage wrote:
Purely for simplicity during the ceremony, if it was me I'd rather just have the dual bands put on together, and then change it over later.

Yep, thats what i think i would do too :D

amberino21
Mrs Cupcake

Sun Aug 15, 2010 7:03 pm

Are you planning on keeping them as three separate rings afterwards? If not, could you have them soldered together beforehand and just put them on as one ring? Or just have all three rings with the best man/ring bearer and your FH can put them all on together...

Becra83
♪ Everlong ♫
♪ Everlong ♫

Sun Aug 15, 2010 7:56 pm

Last edited by Becra83 on Sat Feb 26, 2011 10:24 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Mills2B
I need a title
I need a title
Topic Author

Sun Aug 15, 2010 8:42 pm

Becra83 wrote:
I am having my wedder and eternity ring on either side of my e ring too, so I found this that FH will repeat after the celebrant during the ceremony (as he places each one on my finger):

These three rings stand for the love shared today and everlong between FH & Becra.
The wedding ring is a symbol of their unending love to each other, the engagement ring is a symbol of promise and intention, now the intention is realized and the promise fulfilled, and the eternity ring is a symbol that they are bound together, not just for a lifetime, but for eternity.

Oooo I LOVE this! Thank you for sharing :D

Laura03
I just love to talk
I just love to talk

Sun Aug 15, 2010 10:00 pm

I am also having a split wedding band..one sitting either side of my engagement ring. I was just going to get FH to put both on at once. The celebrant will just say "rings" instead of "ring" when we do my ring ceremony. :D

sugarb_91
I just love to talk
I just love to talk

Sun Aug 15, 2010 10:02 pm

I think it would be easiest to just put both rings on at the same time :)

amberino21
Mrs Cupcake

Sun Aug 15, 2010 11:34 pm

Becra83 wrote:
I am having my wedder and eternity ring on either side of my e ring too, so I found this that FH will repeat after the celebrant during the ceremony (as he places each one on my finger):

These three rings stand for the love shared today and everlong between FH & Becra.
The wedding ring is a symbol of their unending love to each other, the engagement ring is a symbol of promise and intention, now the intention is realized and the promise fulfilled, and the eternity ring is a symbol that they are bound together, not just for a lifetime, but for eternity.

Oh, I love this!!! I'm probably having a ring either side so may have to steal your idea...
GZIP: On | Load: 0.08