A Community for Brides Planning their Wedding in Australia

Laura03
I just love to talk
I just love to talk
Topic Author

How dirty does your dress actually get during photo's?

Fri Aug 20, 2010 11:12 am

For all the married ladies...

I am just curious how dirty does your dress actually get during location photo shoots? Also did it bother you? Any tips on staying as clean as you can would be great. I am not that fussed but I don't want to get really really dirty.

*Riss*
Happiness Forever
Happiness Forever

Re: How dirty does your dress actually get during photo's?

Fri Aug 20, 2010 11:13 am

Good question, I've been thinking the same thing. Depends I guess on if your MOH carries it too

jaynage
I survived and got married

Fri Aug 20, 2010 11:17 am

Fairly grubby along the hem line, inside of the hem line, and train, depending on where you are walking. We did our photo shoot walking through the city, and down the boardwalk along the river. It didn't bother me on the day, in fact I didn't notice it at all, and neither did anyone else. In fact the first time I noticed it was when I took it in for dry-cleaning, there were a fair few smudgy marks etc.

The only way you are going to make sure it does not get marked, is if you carry it all day, and don't let it touch the ground at all. And that is pretty impractical for a floor-length wedding gown! Don't sweat the small stuff.

Tan984
Mrs Stranger Danger
Mrs Stranger Danger

Fri Aug 20, 2010 11:23 am

The outside of my dress didn't really get that dirty, but underneath my train was absolutely filty as it obviously dragged around the grass, dirt, reception floors etc. I didn't get my MOH to carry it around as I wasn't really thinking about it, she did help me though when I was going up stairs or having trouble with it. I wouldn't worry too much I didn't notice until I took the dress off!

MalinViktoria
Tattooed Wife
Tattooed Wife

Fri Aug 20, 2010 11:38 am

jaynage wrote:
Don't sweat the small stuff.

I agree. Most likely it's just the underside of your train that drags on the ground that gets dirty, and no one is going to see that anyway. :)

jhilik
cupcake?
cupcake?

Fri Aug 20, 2010 11:42 am

Mine got FILTHY - both underside and above as we had a garden ceremony and the grass was damp. Every time my heels sunk, I'd pull them out and accidentally step on the train.

I agree completely - don't stress about it. Our photographer said he could touch it up in photos, and the venue also brought us soda water to clean it but I didn't end up doing that. Once we were at the ceremony it was up in the bustle anyway.

chelle7

Fri Aug 20, 2010 1:19 pm

I got a few small smudges of black tyre cleaner on my dress. Luckily, when I put my dress up in the bustle it wasn't noticeable. (And luckily I didn't arrive at the ceremony in a car! It was only afterwards when we got photos. I would have been sooooooo mad if I had walked down the aisle with black stuff on my dress!)

Tips to avoid this:

* Bring white chalk (if your dress is white). Apparently this helps disguise marks.
* Put a towel or mat down on the bottom of the car door frame when you get out of the car IYKWIM.

Pixie Wings
I just love to talk
I just love to talk

Fri Aug 20, 2010 1:36 pm

I was a BM last year and the wedding was the week after those dust storms in Sydney and the brides dress got SOOOO dirty underneath, but no one could see it unless she lifted it and showed you. If she was ok, you will be! :lol:

katieg
I just love to talk
I just love to talk

Sat Aug 21, 2010 8:29 pm

Mine got pretty dirty, as I got out of the limo it got covered in dirt, while my bridesmaids were freaking out and brushing it off I didnt care- I was getting married! I also dropped my chocolate covered dessert fork onto it, luckily I had "exit" which is like a soap you rub on and mix with a little water which got it out.

Darens Girl

Re:

Sun Aug 22, 2010 11:33 am

Last edited by Darens Girl on Sun Feb 20, 2011 4:28 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Porcelain
Loved Up
Loved Up

Sun Aug 22, 2010 1:31 pm

My dress was literally black underneath, on the edges at the bottom. I only realised this though the next day. I still haven't dry cleaned it.

mllelozza
Mrs Mummy
Mrs Mummy

Sun Aug 22, 2010 4:02 pm

Last edited by mllelozza on Sat Feb 12, 2011 10:44 pm, edited 1 time in total.

ellejay
♥ totally married ♥
♥ totally married ♥

Wed Aug 25, 2010 1:06 am

Porcelain wrote:
My dress was literally black underneath, on the edges at the bottom. I only realised this though the next day. I still haven't dry cleaned it.

My dress is still hanging in our bedroom un-drycleaned too! My dress didn't get too dirty but it is going to depend on where your ceremony is held and also your location shots. It definitely isn't going to get dirty enough to be spotted in photos so as Jaynage said- don't stress too much. My SIL walked down the aisle with wee on her wedding dress and she still had the best day! :D

ravensbride2010
Hiking Wife
Hiking Wife

Wed Aug 25, 2010 3:34 pm

I had a full lace dress which got some grass stuck in it during the photos and it of course got grubby under the train but I did not even realise until the next day and it didn't show in my photos. I had my photos taken on in a field and sitting in different sections of the guest hosue where we got married.

I was more concerned abaout having great photos and I actually am in photos lying on my back on grass in my dress and it didn't get dirty - I wouldn't worry too much!

Also in reagrds to being weed on - a closefriend of mine got pooped on by a duck WHILE walking down the aisle! I would have been devo!

ellejay
♥ totally married ♥
♥ totally married ♥

Wed Aug 25, 2010 8:25 pm

Lizzybet wrote:
^^^^^

:lol: Dare I ask how she got wee on her dress before the ceremony???

Of course! When she got to the ceremony venue she needed a nervous wee! Their ceremony and reception were at the same venue (a hotel) so we all piled into the ladies for her to wee and a lipgloss touch up. She went to the toilet and when she stood up she felt something wet on her leg- her corset ties from her laceup dress had dipped into the toilet bowl :oops: ! Luckily the function coordinator was able to find a pair of scissors and we cut the ties. When we were having pre dinner drinks in the bridal suite she was telling the boys and spotted a little bit of wee on the back of her dress (pretty much on the train)! :oops: She didn't let it get to her too much and we still laugh about it now!

ellejay
♥ totally married ♥
♥ totally married ♥

Wed Aug 25, 2010 8:26 pm

ravensbride2010 wrote:

Also in reagrds to being weed on - a closefriend of mine got pooped on by a duck WHILE walking down the aisle! I would have been devo!

OMG! Poor girl :cry:
GZIP: On | Load: 0.53