A Community for Brides Planning their Wedding in Australia

Cimbom
I need a title
I need a title
Topic Author

Photographer recommendations in Melbourne?

Fri Sep 03, 2010 1:20 pm

Can anyone recommend good photographers in Melbourne?

Our budget is $1500-2200. I would like at least eight to ten hours of coverage for that. Thanks :D

Kt_Kat
I survived and got married

Re: Photographer recommendations in Melbourne?

Fri Sep 03, 2010 1:24 pm

We used Robyn Slavin, she was reasonably priced, and fantastic on the day. I've also heard good things about Kym Griffiths, Clare Metcalf (who is currently on maternity leave I think, but google her website and check) and Sean from A Touch of Flash I think it was. Do a search on here for threads/posts for Melbourne photographers and you should come up with a decent number of names.

Good luck!

jodieo88
Princess Fitz
Princess Fitz

Fri Sep 03, 2010 1:25 pm

Kt_Kat wrote:
We used Robyn Slavin, she was reasonably priced, and fantastic on the day. I've also heard good things about Kym Griffiths, Clare Metcalf (who is currently on maternity leave I think, but google her website and check) and Sean from A Touch of Flash I think it was. Do a search on here for threads/posts for Melbourne photographers and you should come up with a decent number of names.

Good luck!

Do you have a hall of fame? I am interested in her but I would love to see a bit more of her work! :D

*Riss*
Happiness Forever
Happiness Forever

Fri Sep 03, 2010 4:25 pm

Definitely Sean from A Touch of Flash :D

Cimbom
I need a title
I need a title
Topic Author

Fri Sep 03, 2010 4:41 pm

Thanks. I'll make sure I contact them too.

Has anyone had experience with Astir Images?

~chocolat~

Fri Sep 03, 2010 5:31 pm

Last edited by ~chocolat~ on Sat Feb 12, 2011 9:30 pm, edited 1 time in total.

coco2003
I need a title
I need a title

Fri Sep 03, 2010 8:43 pm

b2k
Formerly known as bergette
Formerly known as bergette

Fri Sep 03, 2010 10:21 pm

We used Frank from one2one photography. He was FANTASTIC. I could not recommend him highly enough. He was there first thing in the morning and was at the reception venue long after we left. We received over 1000 fully edited photos. You can see his photos on his website http://www.one2onephotography.com.au or in my big day thread. PM me if you want any further details.
p.s. he fits right into your price range too.

heidibride

Sun Sep 05, 2010 2:07 pm

We are using Shannon from http://www.sorrentoweddings.com.au We are getting 2 photographers, 5 hours, proof album, online gallery, enlargements and high resolution printable disk of all our images for $2000.

My fiancee works in advertising and actually liked that Shannon is a commercial photographer as well http://www.shannonpawsey.com so actually knows what he is doing!

When we were looking I found there are so many photographers out there- and it's quite daunting. My advice if you are still stuck is to speak to family and friends who have been married and ask about their experiences and advice.

Good luck!
H :D

Kt_Kat

Mon Sep 06, 2010 11:35 am

jodieo88 wrote:
Kt_Kat wrote:

Good luck!

Do you have a hall of fame? I am interested in her but I would love to see a bit more of her work! :D

Yep, I do indeed! It's in there, just can't get the URL thingy to link straight to it. Not that long ago either, I only got married in April, so put pics up in May.

Cimbom
I need a title
I need a title
Topic Author

Tue Sep 07, 2010 11:17 am

We liked one-to-one but they were slightly outside our price range for what we want. I am leaning towards Chris Clinnick but also got good quotes from Sorrento and Robyn Slavin (Keiron). I'm after more natural and artistic photos rather than posed ones. Anyone know more about any of these?

SpecialKK
♥ Love being Mrs B ♥
♥ Love being Mrs B ♥

Tue Sep 07, 2010 12:24 pm

I dont have any experience with those two (though my venue did recommend Robyn Slavin) but we are using Louisa Jones and she her style is very artistic and candid so I thought i might mention her. The packages we are getting is $3000 but that also includes an album so if you liked her style she could probably tailor a package in your price range.
http://www.louisajones.com.au/

Cimbom
I need a title
I need a title
Topic Author

Tue Sep 07, 2010 2:17 pm

Her packages seem pretty good value for money. What do you think of her so far?

SpecialKK
♥ Love being Mrs B ♥
♥ Love being Mrs B ♥

Tue Sep 07, 2010 2:21 pm

She has been absolutely brilliant so far! There are a couple of girls on here who have used her also and were very happy. The only one i can think of at the moment is "bank" and she has a hall of fame with her photos- they are stunning! It will be a few pages back as she was one of the very first weddings louisa did.
When we met up with her we went through HEAPS of her photos from recent weddings, edited and unedited ones, and were blown away. So hopefully ours will be as good! :D

Cimbom
I need a title
I need a title
Topic Author

Tue Sep 07, 2010 2:51 pm

Thanks. Which album are you getting - the coffee table book or the fine art book? Is there a big difference?

At that price, I may consider an album too but it may be logistically difficult as we are moving interstate right after our wedding.

SpecialKK
♥ Love being Mrs B ♥
♥ Love being Mrs B ♥

Tue Sep 07, 2010 3:07 pm

Im interstate too, so Im not sure how it will work, but we will figure it out! We booked a long time ago so we are getting extra prints with ours as well- we are having the grandioso package (she has since changed it to not include the extra prints that we get). I dont think there is much difference at all between the coffee table and fine art album. The main difference is the fine art album lies completely flat if that makes sense, so photos can be placed across the seam of the book and there is no crease whatsoever. But we saw the coffee table albums when we met with her and they were gorgeous (they are more like a normal book with the small crease in the middle). Plus, you can change the paper types etc in the coffee table album to better quality papers. Also, what I liked is that extra pages in the album were really cheap compared to what Ive heard other people quoted.

Cimbom
I need a title
I need a title
Topic Author

Tue Sep 07, 2010 4:54 pm

Thanks. :D I've send her an email so will hopefully here back from her soon. Do you mind me asking how much extra pages cost? PM me if you don't want to post it on here.

It will be between Chris Clinnick, Robyn Slavin and Louisa Jones I think.

SpecialKK
♥ Love being Mrs B ♥
♥ Love being Mrs B ♥

Tue Sep 07, 2010 5:08 pm

Pm'd you :D
Goodluck with your photographer hunt!

jodieo88
Princess Fitz
Princess Fitz

Tue Sep 07, 2010 5:15 pm

SpecialKK wrote:
Pm'd you :D
Goodluck with your photographer hunt!

Can you PM me too :) Do you know where bank's HOF is? Ignore this :) I found it, she looks lovely

Kt_Kat

Wed Sep 08, 2010 10:23 am

We got Robyn to come to the church, location shots and reception, include some B&W shots and give us a DVD and we paid about $1800. We went with her cos of her style rather than anything else. She was really relaxed, easygoing and very nice to work with. We had heaps and heaps of comments from family and friends about how they barely noticed she was there, and she was really lovely to have around. Couldn't have a higher recommendation than that we thought! Loved her photos too of course. My HOF is online still, check it out if you want some examples.
GZIP: On | Load: 0.25