A Community for Brides Planning their Wedding in Australia

Ashie
I just love to talk
I just love to talk
Topic Author

Sydney Restaurant Recs?

Sun Sep 19, 2010 3:02 pm

So I'm trying to organise an intimate dinner, as a sort of 'engagement dinner' where it's just our immediate family and partners. It will only be for about 12 people, but I want for it to be like a private dining 'function', at the moment I'm keen on Steel Bar and Grill (http://steelbarandgrill.com/) but that's because they're the first place I've found that has the date available, and a decent menu etc; but I don't want to just settle, I want to see if there is anything else out there.

I'm trying to keep it to Sydney city, so anywhere in the CBD, including Darling Harbour, The Quay etc so that it's easy to find and I love the city dining atmosphere.

Has anyone got any recs for places they've used for small functions, or somewhere they've been as a guest?

Google can only offer so much when you're keeping to to vague search terms like 'small private function +sydney' lol, and I like word of mouth recs from people who have tried/tested a venue.

xoxbubxox
I just love to talk
I just love to talk

Re: Sydney Restaurant Recs?

Sun Sep 19, 2010 8:14 pm

Have a look at Pink Salt. Its in Double Bay. The inside is so beautiful and the food is great!!

sylvatin
Together we're unlimited
Together we're unlimited

Re: Sydney Restaurant Recs?

Mon Sep 20, 2010 7:53 am

Selah, in Circular Quay. It'll be a lovely atmosphere.
GZIP: On | Load: 0.14