A Community for Brides Planning their Wedding in Australia

Kazbah
I just love to talk
I just love to talk
Topic Author

Bridesmaid dress colour = help

Thu Sep 23, 2010 3:10 pm

Hi all,

I need your advice...what are your thoughts on this colour scheme for a vineyard wedding in spring (green vine leaves etc)?
I really like the vibrant magenta purple especially with grey suits for the guys. I think it will look lovely with the vineyard photos and it will make the photos and theme really pop.

But...................I also love the idea of champagne colour too...keeping it classic and simple.

argh!

What are your opinions?

leana
♥ S & L - A & F ♥
♥ S & L - A & F ♥

Re: Bridesmaid dress colour = help

Thu Sep 23, 2010 3:17 pm

For me personally, I would go with the purple (although I'm not really a fan of the champagne to start with, so a slight bias there) but I think that if the girls wore champagne while the boys wore grey then they might get washed out in the photos in the vineyards as your thinking about spring and everything is already going to be colourful. However, if the girls wore purple then I think they would suit the spring theme and add a bit more colour to the photos.

cinderella_375
I just love to talk
I just love to talk

Thu Sep 23, 2010 3:19 pm

My sister had the brillilant purple with silvery grey suits and it looked AMAZING! (I think there are photos in my S&T) BUT I am having latte/mocha! I LOVE both themes. I guess it's up to you, your surroundings, the time of year and the colouring of your BMs whether they can pull off the bright purple or the muted champagnes etc. Good luck!

Mrs L
I just love to talk
I just love to talk

Thu Sep 23, 2010 4:03 pm

What's your overall theme? How are you decorating (if you are) your venue? Do you care if everything matches?

Personally for a vineyard theme I love greens & clarets, all the colours in a grapevine.

almostthere
finallydone
finallydone

Thu Sep 23, 2010 4:58 pm

I think the purple would be beautiful against all the green of the vineyards and would look lovely against the grey suits. Purple might be a bit easier to match to people's skin tones too?

SmallNads
What You Talking 'Bout Willis?
What You Talking     'Bout Willis?

Thu Sep 23, 2010 5:14 pm

I'd go with purple too. It would suit a vineyard better :D

sylvatin
Together we're unlimited
Together we're unlimited

Thu Sep 23, 2010 5:52 pm

Possum86 had her BM in champagne dresses and GM in grey suits. It looked gorgeous! Check out her Hall of Fame.

Autumn2010
Tiger Princess
Tiger Princess

Thu Sep 23, 2010 6:00 pm

That was my main inspiration picture when picking our bridal party outfits, only trouble i had was finding a dress i loved in that sort of colour and also getting ties that matched the dresses. I could find what i wanted at the time and ended up with black suits with silver ties (also the grey really didn't suit one of our groomsmen). I still love that theme colour and it something thats not done very often. My votes go the purple dresses and grey suits!

lovinglyloved
I just love to talk
I just love to talk

Fri Sep 24, 2010 9:25 am

i'd go purple, but i'm a little biased as purple and silver is my theme...

Kazbah
I just love to talk
I just love to talk
Topic Author

Fri Sep 24, 2010 10:47 am

Thanks so much ladies. You have helped me out big time!!! I always wanted purple but then started second guessing my choice. I thought bright was mabye not the right way to go....BUT now that I have had some positive replies I think I will stick with my gut feeling.

Thanks!!! :)

Island Princess
I just love to talk
I just love to talk

Fri Sep 24, 2010 11:35 am

That colour purple is HOT! Will look awesome in your wedding pics. :heart:

*Riss*
Happiness Forever
Happiness Forever

Fri Sep 24, 2010 11:38 am

My honest opinion for a vineyard would be champagne, althought it's basically what I am having so I am biased. I think it's softer and more suited to that theme. The purple is nice and bright though but maybe more suited to a church wedding, just my honest opinon :D

Dandelion
Queen Of My Castle
Queen Of My Castle

Fri Sep 24, 2010 1:14 pm

I really like both colours, and think you could make either work if you had the right styles for each. If you went the bright purple, I think it would be best to keep the style and accesories really simple, and the same for the bouquets. If you went the champagne, you can get away with more detailed styles and bouquets/accessories.

Kazbah
I just love to talk
I just love to talk
Topic Author

Fri Sep 24, 2010 1:23 pm

That's a great tip - thanks!!

I am thinking tulips for flowers - for myself simple white bouquet and the girls white with mabye a couple of purple tulips.
I am thinking of keeping the reception rather simple. The reception room itself has its own character, rustic feel. I was going to keep tables white, with white chair covers and white sash. There will also be white draping with some ferry lights - so not too over the top.

For table decorations - some white and purple tulips in a vase....not too long - short and simple.

What do you think?

mini_k27
♥ Soon to be Mrs D ♥
♥ Soon to be Mrs D ♥

Fri Sep 24, 2010 5:28 pm

Kazbah wrote:
That's a great tip - thanks!!

I am thinking tulips for flowers - for myself simple white bouquet and the girls white with mabye a couple of purple tulips.
I am thinking of keeping the reception rather simple. The reception room itself has its own character, rustic feel. I was going to keep tables white, with white chair covers and white sash. There will also be white draping with some ferry lights - so not too over the top.

For table decorations - some white and purple tulips in a vase....not too long - short and simple.

What do you think?

That sounds gorgeous to me! And I like the purple dresses :)

smeeangel
I just love to talk
I just love to talk

Sat Sep 25, 2010 2:01 am

I LOVE the purple! What a great colour. Have you found any dresses in it yet?

lmsm89

Mon Sep 27, 2010 1:56 pm

Last edited by lmsm89 on Mon Dec 20, 2010 8:09 pm, edited 1 time in total.

erp

Tue Sep 28, 2010 10:22 pm

i absolutely love the purple and grey together. almost wish i was doing that myself now.
for your reception you could always add a ribbon or small detail to the vase or tables if you wanted. you can also add a bit of colour
with placecards and the presentation of your bonbonerie or the bonbonerie itself.

all sounds fantastic!

oh, and someone earlier mentioned henri roth/ henri josef dresses- these are gorgeous dresses. not cheap. but my bridesmaids are wearing
henri josef and they are gorgeous. you can get them at bridal co in newcastle, but beware mine took one month longer than i was told they would.
GZIP: On | Load: 0.14