A Community for Brides Planning their Wedding in Australia

**Manda**
♥ The Mrs ♥
♥ The Mrs ♥
Topic Author

Designer knock off from Ebay?

Thu Oct 07, 2010 8:10 am

I have noticed in a thread or two that a few of you have ordered a dress from ebay.

Just wondering if anyone can post any pics of your dress so i can have a look at quality?

Thanks in advance.

Summer_bride
I just love to talk
I just love to talk

Re: Designer knock off from Ebay?

Thu Oct 07, 2010 8:45 am

I'd be interested in this aswell... I think I would rather lose a couple of hundred and have it pay off and save thousands in the long run...

GingerNinja
The Ninja
The Ninja

Thu Oct 07, 2010 10:21 am

I've been down this path... $170 all up. As far as the make goes.. the beading was excllent and so was the stiching ect ect. The let down was the carp quality material and they didn't use boning in the corset. So it's being kept in the cupbaord and I'm going to do a trash the dress photoshoot with it.

MalinViktoria
Tattooed Wife
Tattooed Wife

Thu Oct 07, 2010 10:47 am

GingerNinja wrote:
I've been down this path... $170 all up. As far as the make goes.. the beading was excllent and so was the stiching ect ect. The let down was the carp quality material and they didn't use boning in the corset. So it's being kept in the cupbaord and I'm going to do a trash the dress photoshoot with it.

Wow! It looks amazing! :heart: Who was the seller?

GingerNinja
The Ninja
The Ninja

Thu Oct 07, 2010 11:05 am

took me a while but I found the seller....

Seller: Member id dressballprom ( Feedback Score Of 198)
No longer a registered user :?

Anyway... my best friend got hers off ebay and it fit perfect and looked and felt amazing, so I guess it's a bit of a luck of the draw.

**Manda**
♥ The Mrs ♥
♥ The Mrs ♥
Topic Author

Thu Oct 07, 2010 11:22 am

Wow thanks for that! It looks beautiful!

I was thinking if it comes to $250 and i have to spend the same on getting alterations done, eg boning or have it taken in... it would be well worth it.

GingerNinja
The Ninja
The Ninja

Thu Oct 07, 2010 11:23 am

**Manda** wrote:
Wow thanks for that! It looks beautiful!

I was thinking if it comes to $250 and i have to spend the same on getting alterations done, eg boning or have it taken in... it would be well worth it.

Yep that was my plan too, would have worked out too, if the material hadn't been so sheer/crappy. Still I like this dress better than the one I got made thru Big D. It's going to look awesome when we do the TTD session.

**Manda**
♥ The Mrs ♥
♥ The Mrs ♥
Topic Author

Thu Oct 07, 2010 11:31 am

I have heard alot of good reports from Landy bridal who are in the UK i think but they also sell on ebay under ASAPBAY.

I also have been watching one maggie sotterro gown in fashion impression and i have even contacted a few people who bought the same dress. they have all said so far that they love it and just had to have a few little alterations done but they are very please!

GingerNinja
The Ninja
The Ninja

Thu Oct 07, 2010 11:41 am

good to hear you've done your research :)

Twiggy
I just love to talk
I just love to talk

Thu Oct 07, 2010 1:09 pm

i got mine form an ebay seller as well. It was $250 all up and i need a bit of alterations just to take it up. Pictures attached. The quality was good and the beading was good. it is an AA knock off.
GZIP: On | Load: 0.29