A Community for Brides Planning their Wedding in Australia

miss_nicole
Topic Author

Wedding Photography Melbourne

Fri Oct 08, 2010 11:45 pm

Hi all

I have searched through previous forums and it seems there are a few very popular photographers such as Yervant and Joseph Koprek and whilst I've short-listed these, I'd like to know whether any one has used Infinity Photography? I ideally only want to meet with 3-4 photographers and I'm feeling quite overwhelmed by the choice!

Others I like are Tania Savage, Blumenthal, Dansk, Bank Studio and Sujon, I'd appreciated some advice from other peoples' experience both meeting with any of these photographers and/or using them for their wedding.

Anyone else you could recommend would also be much appreciated! Some of the posts I have read through are a little out-dated so any recent feedback would be excellent!

I'm not sure FH wants to be dragged all over town meeting with 10 different photographers and I think it would just confuse me more!!!

Thanks so much ladies! :D

azakat

Re: Wedding Photography Melbourne

Sun Oct 10, 2010 9:36 pm

it is tricky picking a photographer
I got married 3 weeks ago and we had Sean from 'A Touch of Flash.' He was the only one we saw and liked him straight away. You have to make sure you are completely comfortable with your photographer as they are with you all day. Sean was awesome on the day and I cannot recommend him highly enough. He made us feel really relaxed and my husband, myself and the bridal party had an absolute blast!

we have received our photos already and they look amazing.

Good luck with the planning :D

kyliemartin79
Lady K
Lady K

Mon Oct 18, 2010 10:31 am

Hi there,

We got married in May this year and used Yervant, and they were fantastic. We chose to go with Laura over Yervant himself as she was the one we met with. The quality of the photos and album is amazing but with the big studios it can be a few months wait for your album.

I love Tanya Savage's work but she was booked about two years in advance for our date, I also really love Blumenthal but at the time of booking my photographer they were only in Sydney. Our second choice after Yervant was Chris Clinnick, his work is very similar to Tanya Savage and Blumethal and a lovely guy. Good luck with it all :D

laila22

Tue Oct 19, 2010 1:45 pm

Good experience,
Thanks for sharing!
how to deal with depression

b2k
Formerly known as bergette

Tue Oct 19, 2010 1:51 pm

We had Frank from One2One Photography. He was awesome. He has a jouranlistic style so no posing all day.

He had put photos of our wedding on his blog by the next night (around 10 photos) and when we came back from our honeymoon 3 weeks later he had over 1300 photos on a disc for us (all fully edited).

Oh and he can come to you, so you wont have to drag your FH anywhere!

Frank's work is so professional and i can't recommend him enough. You do spend the whole day with the photographer, so make sure you get one you like and are comfortable with!

amanda8000
I just love to talk
I just love to talk

Tue Oct 19, 2010 1:53 pm

We used Sujon photography for our wedding on 18 September 2010 and the photos are fantastic. PM me if you want to see some pics!

miss_nicole
Topic Author

Wed Oct 20, 2010 6:04 pm

Thanks everyone! It's always good to have some recommendations from others as I'm finding it hard to short-list it down based on just the website pics, and FH doesn't want to visit them all!

Have an appointment with Blumenthal next week and really like Sujon and Infinity. I'm after candid, natural photos however would still like some formal/posing aswell. My friend used The Bank Studio and her photos are amazing however they are more traditional and posy. Might check out OnetoOne as well - thanks for the rec!

As I'm getting married at Ripponlea, one of the preferred supliers is Tania Savage and her photos on her website look great too. It's a tough one!

I think it would be great if photographers put up albums on their websites so you can get a good feel for what the end result will be.

Will start booking in appointments and see how we go!

Any other recommendations and reviews would be greatly appreciated! It's good to actually hear from people's experiences rather than just the testimonials on their websites!

kyliemartin79
Lady K
Lady K

Fri Oct 22, 2010 1:19 am

miss_nicole wrote:
Thanks everyone! It's always good to have some recommendations from others as I'm finding it hard to short-list it down based on just the website pics, and FH doesn't want to visit them all!

Have an appointment with Blumenthal next week and really like Sujon and Infinity. I'm after candid, natural photos however would still like some formal/posing aswell. My friend used The Bank Studio and her photos are amazing however they are more traditional and posy. Might check out OnetoOne as well - thanks for the rec!

As I'm getting married at Ripponlea, one of the preferred supliers is Tania Savage and her photos on her website look great too. It's a tough one!

I think it would be great if photographers put up albums on their websites so you can get a good feel for what the end result will be.

Any other recommendations and reviews would be greatly appreciated! It's good to actually hear from people's experiences rather than just the testimonials on their websites!

We got married at Ripponlea. Its a beautiful venue :heart:
When you meet with the photographers make sure you ask to see an album from Ripponlea, this really helped to narrow down my search, considering Ripponlea is 14 acres of beautiful gardens and secret locations, I was after a photographer who knew the good spots and did something a little different.

Abbey_Lou
♥ Mrs Trethowan ♥
♥  Mrs Trethowan ♥

Fri Oct 22, 2010 8:21 am

We are using Warrick from Chateau Photography! He was a last minute recommendation and we really loved his work and how easy he is to get along with! His website shows some of this work, but you really need to go and see the albums at his house to get more of an idea of how fantastic he is! He has also been super helpful with so many other things along the way, such as giving me advice and contacts for other things like flowers etc etc!!
http://www.chateauphotography.com.au/

b2k

Fri Oct 22, 2010 9:00 am

miss_nicole wrote:

Hi Nicole
Frank has photos on his website (you get 2 disks, the first 300 or so photos that show the day and the second about 1500 that is every photo). The website it
http://www.one2onephotography.com.au
Hope that helps!

roscat
I need a title
I need a title

Mon Oct 25, 2010 10:25 am

We also used Sujon and were thrilled with the results. John is very easygoing and really worked hard for us, he stayed longer than we paid for and his after service in also really good. He gave us the disc of photos a few days after our wedding. We wanted some amendments to our album so he did those without charging extra and is dropping off the album to us himself this week.
GZIP: On | Load: 0.18