A Community for Brides Planning their Wedding in Australia

Kazbah
I just love to talk
I just love to talk
Topic Author

Does the groom and groomsmen have to arrive by bridal car?

Thu Oct 28, 2010 11:20 am

Hi all!

Quick question.

For our hunter valley wedding my girls,parents and I are arriving in bridal cars (2 of them). We have also arranged a coach and mini bus to pick up guests from various hotels etc.

Do you think my fh and his groomsmen can go in the bus as well (fh's family will be on the bus along with my aunties, brother etc) or should we organise a car for them as well?

I had not organised a car for them because I assumed they wouldn't care (being guys), especially my fh - he is so laid back he would drive himself if he wasn't going to be enjoying a few drinks....but my gf said mabye it would look odd with them arriving with the guests?

At $800 a pop I really don't want a third bridal car but if its not etiquette to put the men with the guests mabye I should re consider!?

Your thoughts?

Darens Girl

Re: Does the groom and groomsmen have to arrive by bridal car?

Thu Oct 28, 2010 11:22 am

Last edited by Darens Girl on Sun Feb 13, 2011 6:14 pm, edited 1 time in total.

kachward
♥ Mrs KK ♥
♥ Mrs KK ♥

Thu Oct 28, 2010 11:35 am

We are all staying close to the venue the night before, although FH and GM's in a different hotel to me and BM's.

Because we are only 15mins down the road with the ceremony and reception at the same place, and have paid for 2 hours worth of hire for the cars, we decided we would get the car to pick up the boys and drive them to the venue half hour before guests are due to arrive and then the car is coming to collect us and drop us off at the ceremony.

At least then we get the most for our money amd we both get a stylish ride to the ceremony in a limo. :)

Dandelion
Queen Of My Castle
Queen Of My Castle

Thu Oct 28, 2010 11:37 am

There are no set rules, but have you asked your FH? My original idea was that FH and his GMs could drive themselves there, it's only 5 mins away, but when I asked him, he really wanted a limo as he's never been in one before!

Autumn2010
Tiger Princess
Tiger Princess

Thu Oct 28, 2010 11:45 am

Our plan was fo Dh to get driven by his groomsmen, it didn't matter what sort of car because no one was going to be there before him but then our hire car picked him up to because we had the time.

Ninbee

Thu Oct 28, 2010 11:54 am

I was in a similar quandary!

My fh has decided to have his Best Man in his own car to drive him to the ceremony while my parents and bridesmaid and I will be chauffeured. He said there was no need for a special car for them as they will be arriving early to the venue and nobody will really see and that it is important that I get driven because its all about me! sweet :heart: .. we save $700

Kazbah
I just love to talk
I just love to talk
Topic Author

Thu Oct 28, 2010 12:01 pm

kachward wrote:
We are all staying close to the venue the night before, although FH and GM's in a different hotel to me and BM's.

Because we are only 15mins down the road with the ceremony and reception at the same place, and have paid for 2 hours worth of hire for the cars, we decided we would get the car to pick up the boys and drive them to the venue half hour before guests are due to arrive and then the car is coming to collect us and drop us off at the ceremony.

At least then we get the most for our money amd we both get a stylish ride to the ceremony in a limo. :)

Oh! I had not even thought of that! We are in the exact same boat....ceremony and reception at the same spot and also 15 minutes away. I will call them up and find out whether they can do that....that would be ideal. As long as the guys don't mind being there about an hour early I guess?

Dandelion
Queen Of My Castle
Queen Of My Castle

Thu Oct 28, 2010 12:32 pm

Kazbah wrote:
kachward wrote:

Oh! I had not even thought of that! We are in the exact same boat....ceremony and reception at the same spot and also 15 minutes away. I will call them up and find out whether they can do that....that would be ideal. As long as the guys don't mind being there about an hour early I guess?

Thats how we have organised ours too. The venue has a snooker table they can play on etc, so the boys dont mind!

keluc1
I just love to talk
I just love to talk

Thu Oct 28, 2010 1:08 pm

Kazbah wrote:
kachward wrote:

They need to be there early anyway I would have thought. People like to get to chat to the groom while he's all nervous - of course on the other hand they can stay hidden if he would prefer.

We used out groomsmen to basically be ushers – handing out order of service and rose petals for after and greeting people and taking them to their seats, so they were there early. Worked really well for us.
GZIP: On | Load: 0.48