A Community for Brides Planning their Wedding in Australia

**Manda**
♥ The Mrs ♥
♥ The Mrs ♥
Topic Author

How did you pick the date?

Thu Oct 28, 2010 12:50 pm

FH and i wanted to have our wedding 20/11/2011 but after a nasty phone call from my brother last night not so subtly reminding me that is HIS AND HIS WIFE"S DAY!! We now have to change the date of our wedding....

Thing is now we cant find another date we like!!

How did you pick the day?

amberino21
Mrs Cupcake

Re: How did you pick the date?

Thu Oct 28, 2010 12:58 pm

Ours was out of cricket season, close to school holidays, and only a Sunday because our venue doesn't do Saturdays. It was 2011 because we were planning on going away this year (didn't end up happening) and our house was also being built and finished this year.

It wasn't a significant date!

Darens Girl

Re:

Thu Oct 28, 2010 1:05 pm

Last edited by Darens Girl on Sun Feb 20, 2011 6:58 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Dandelion
Queen Of My Castle
Queen Of My Castle

Thu Oct 28, 2010 1:07 pm

First day of the summer school holidays - we wanted a long honeymoon. Now we are only going for 2 weeks, but at least I can relax before having to go back to work!

Ali2011
I need a title
I need a title

Thu Oct 28, 2010 1:08 pm

The date we chose was the first Saturday night available at the venue we wanted. I did not think it had any major significance until I was speaking to my host father from Japan (I was an exchange student and lived there for a year) and it is actually their anniversary!!

NN
I survived and got married
I survived and got married

Thu Oct 28, 2010 1:29 pm

We knew it would be either November or December (we were getting engaged at the end of the year and I wanted around 12 months of engagement plus in my home country December is the month for weddings so I always imagined it would be then), so for us it did not have to be special before hand because what would make it special is being married on that day IFKWIM, at the end we looked at all weekends in November and December and picked the date we liked the most :D

MalinViktoria
Tattooed Wife
Tattooed Wife

Thu Oct 28, 2010 1:36 pm

We knew we'd be inviting people from overseas, so we knew we had to have a fairly long engagement in order for people to save up money to come for the wedding. We initially chose 22nd October 2011, but soon had to scrap that because it was in the middle of the World Rugby Cup. *rolls eyes* Then FH suggested 11/11/2011 because 'it'll be easy to remember'. :lol: I said, 'That's a geat date, but it might be booked out', but then I made some calls to the venues and suppliers on our short list and they were available! So we booked in as soon as we could from there.

L.I.W
Insert Candy Here
Insert Candy Here

Thu Oct 28, 2010 2:03 pm

FH's brother gets married in June next year. As they were engaged first it seemed polite to not push in! From there, we wanted to give people at least 6 months between weddings, especially as they both involve people travelling a fair way.

December was out of the question as the venue requires a very high minimum spend in December. January is too hot for some of our older rellies and the boys in suits, February and March were the same. April, too many Public Holidays and school holidays to work around so May it was.

Initially we were going for the 6 May 2012 but apparently that is my later grandfather's birthday so the 13th it is :)

SpecialKK
♥ Love being Mrs B ♥
♥ Love being Mrs B ♥

Thu Oct 28, 2010 2:07 pm

We wanted a long engagment, and wanted a summer wedding. We could have had it exactly 2 years from our engagement, but that would have been too close to christmas, so we chose one week earlier so that we could fit in a longer honeymoon and then be back to spend christmas with our families

Bride Bec
I need a title
I need a title

Thu Oct 28, 2010 2:10 pm

We got engaged in the July and ideally wanted no more than a 12 month engagement, we knew the venue we wanted and also the photographer so it was back and forth a million times until we could find a date they both were available. Couldnt get a Saturday until end of Nov! Which suits us fine. The date will be significant once its happened! :D

Autumn2010
Tiger Princess
Tiger Princess

Thu Oct 28, 2010 2:12 pm

DH wanted it on his birthday but i managed to make the compromise of the weekend after his birthday.

shavone
I just love to talk
I just love to talk

Thu Oct 28, 2010 2:21 pm

We are getting married 1 November 2010. A few weeks ago we started planning a wedding for 2011, but then decided we would lodge the notice of intent and get married ASAP on a weekday that looked good and was easy to remember :lol:

leena
I just love to talk
I just love to talk

Thu Oct 28, 2010 3:19 pm

ours was our anniversary. we werent really planning that, but i wanted 2 years to plan and we both wanted septebmer becasue of the nice weather, and it just happened that our anniversary was a friday, so we had it on our anniversary.

nwyfre
♥ Married a Muggle ♥
♥ Married a Muggle ♥

Thu Oct 28, 2010 3:35 pm

We were living in Sydney when we became engaged, and were going to get married in the Auburn Botanical Gardens, so we chose late 2011 so we had time to save and pay for it ourselves.

So ours is the 9th day of the 10th month, year twenty-eleven. It's also the closest Sunday to the October full moon. Being while the Moon is as Maiden, it's a good time for new things.

Beloved
Marriage is amazing
Marriage is amazing

Thu Oct 28, 2010 3:45 pm

DH proposed in December of 09, and didn't want to wait too long to marry me :heart: :heart: :)

I finished uni in June 2010, and August was the first month that wouldn't be bitterly cold, so we originally chose Aug 13, thinking we couldn't afford a Saturday wedding. We we realised the price would be the same, and we wouldn't be inconveniencing anyone by having a Sat wedding, we changed it to August 14. Longest almost 8 months ever... I'm soo glad we didn't have a long engagement :)

**Manda**
♥ The Mrs ♥
♥ The Mrs ♥
Topic Author

Thu Oct 28, 2010 3:49 pm

Thanks ladies! I guess what ever day it is will be special to us x thanks for the reassurance

bryaneunice
♥ Lady Eunice ♥
♥ Lady Eunice ♥

Thu Oct 28, 2010 4:21 pm

After taking into consideration the circumstances, we didn't have a choice about our wedding date really :lol: We initially wanted a Spring wedding in 2011 but FPILs thought it was too early for their son to be married so we had to postpone it to 2012 but didn't want to make it too late either. Then the idea of an Autumn wedding came in, but it was also clashing with the Lent season (both our families are staunch Catholics and they won't agree to us marrying during Lent) so we had to make it after Easter in 2012.

Sharz
I just love to talk
I just love to talk

Thu Oct 28, 2010 4:59 pm

our anniversary is May 28
we got engaged on our 5 year anniversary
and I looked at the calendar and realised 28th of May 2011 is a saturday!

So we chose that, so all the dates match up and it will be our 7 year anniversary.

drkreena
Done. Dusted. Delighted.
Done. Dusted. Delighted.

Thu Oct 28, 2010 5:09 pm

Last edited by drkreena on Wed Mar 02, 2011 6:09 pm, edited 1 time in total.

adelem
I just love to talk
I just love to talk

Thu Oct 28, 2010 5:20 pm

after 10 years together we were engaged on new years day, here we are 5 more years later getting married in a month. When the subject of dates came up I wrote a list of dates from 1 month to 2 years after the day i wrote the list and excluded all weekends that I had weddings booked for (i am a photographer) gave the list to the FH and he picked one from the list. I figured the date did not matter except that the date we get married is the date the FH chose that he wanted to marry me on. works for any date!
GZIP: On | Load: 0.19