A Community for Brides Planning their Wedding in Australia

aml1988
Topic Author

First dance funny dance???

Tue Dec 07, 2010 12:03 pm

Anyone doing a funny dance as their first dance? im thinking of doing it or will i look like a loser lol

wishy
I just love to talk
I just love to talk

Re: First dance funny dance???

Tue Dec 07, 2010 5:06 pm

I'm not doing a funny dance, but i'm doing something different. I think a funny dance is better than just swaying back and forth, even if you look daggy.

Queen_Bee

Tue Dec 07, 2010 7:18 pm

i think it should be entertaining for the guests. there's nothing worse than just swaying on the spot.
i went to a wedding where they did a choreographed dance to a fast song, which was supposed to be funny but ended up being cringeworthy because the couple just wasn't into it. it was like they were embarassed or something. i found out afterwards that they were really nervous because they'd only had 3-4 lessons.
i think that if you're going to do it, do it properly and make sure you pull it off.
good luck! :D

leena
I just love to talk
I just love to talk

Wed Dec 08, 2010 9:39 am

ours wasnt funny, but it wasnt swaying on the spot either. we had lessons and had a dance choreographed. we stuffed it up on the night, but everyone said that added to the cuteness of it :P

mllelozza
Mrs Mummy
Mrs Mummy

Wed Dec 08, 2010 10:43 pm

Last edited by mllelozza on Sat Feb 12, 2011 9:37 pm, edited 1 time in total.

sylvatin
Together we're unlimited
Together we're unlimited

Thu Dec 09, 2010 8:21 am

We did a short waltz, and then broke into the chicken dance for a good portion of the song. Best of both worlds :)

Kamio
I just love to talk
I just love to talk

Thu Dec 09, 2010 12:21 pm

I'm wondering about the first dance. I love the song FH and I picked out, and I really want that to be "our" song. At the same time breaking into a funny dance would be a very 'me' thing to do. I'm quirky like that. So I don't know. I think the funny dances are always best when the couple start out with a slow song and then it scratches into a funny dance.

mini_k27
♥ Soon to be Mrs D ♥
♥ Soon to be Mrs D ♥

Thu Dec 09, 2010 8:58 pm

We're planning on dancing to a collage of short snippets of songs joined together - songs like Can't Touch This, Cotton Eye Joe, Grease Lightning etc. Mind you, we haven't really organised the dance part yet nor have we practised - so the whole idea may get canned because unless we are fully prepared I'm not doing it at all.

We are having part of a serious, personal song at the start that we'll probably do the 'sway on the spot' to. We expect everybody to get totally bored during this and pay absolutely no attention - that's half the reason why we want to do it, and then get into the fun stuff!
GZIP: On | Load: 0.43