A Community for Brides Planning their Wedding in Australia

Cuddly84

Re: omg.. i hate my wedding dress?!

Wed Jan 12, 2011 9:33 pm

That dress is absolutely gorgeous and gorgeous colour. Im exactly the same with my dress I like it but i dont want to wear it

ecavey

Thu Jan 13, 2011 7:56 am

I think that dress looks stunning! But if you're not happy with it and won't feel like a princess walking down the isle then you should get another one. This is your day and you should be completely happy. Though i went dress shopping saying no strapless or beads and have choose one with both as actually looked really good-so although you didnt initially like those aspects you could look absolutely stunning in them!

PamW

Thu Jan 13, 2011 9:58 am

I :heart: the dress, its cool and different

I had issues with my dress too, but I think its more so I am not used to seeing myself in a big white gown, its a gown not a dress everyone keeps telling me! :lol:

It sometimes is hard to see yourself as a bride, I went for a big poofy bottom which was far from what I visualised myself to wearing :roll:

GingerNinja
The Ninja
The Ninja

Thu Jan 13, 2011 10:48 am

ToadPrincess wrote:
ladies would you believe.. the bridal shop let me exchange the dress!! i cant believe it.. i picked out somehting really plain but pretty and asked my friend to come check it out. she pointed out a couple of other dresses..one being a strapless gown..which i turned my nose up at.. i have always been fearful of strapless but this one is very well structured.. i love it!!

Your original dress is very pretty... but you do look rather amazing in this one. It's all about how you feel in the dress that makes it "the one" :D

vivimagic330

Thu Jan 13, 2011 12:18 pm

:lol: how about ths one?

Gracie00

Mon Jan 31, 2011 10:07 pm

Both dresses are lovely but so different. I understand your hesitations about the first one. The second one looks a lot more comfortable, classy and well suited to a beach wedding...good choice.

DBJDani

Tue Feb 01, 2011 11:36 am

I think it's quite a stunning dress! But that's just me.

Try some online stores - maybe even Etsy? If you price it reasonably I'm sure it will sell. There is even a way of selling it on twitter!

Otherwise, find yourself an awesome seamstress and get going - unpick the tuffs in the skirt so it's not puffed up - that will give you some fabric to play with (you'll find it probablly sits much longer) as for the bodice - you can always unpick the seaquins so that it's just lace - which changing the neckline is high on impossible, if it's just lace (sans the beads) maybe you can get some soft organza over and make it long sleeve for a modern look?

Shhh it's all making sense in my head!!!

Good luck xx
GZIP: On | Load: 0.53