A Community for Brides Planning their Wedding in Australia

YUKI
Topic Author

Bridal Party - What would you do?

Tue Dec 21, 2010 12:27 pm

Hi Ladies,

I decided for my bridal party it would be best to try and stick with family to avoid having people pull out of the bridal party at the last minute or stuff us around....

Well over the last few days we've had a big falling out with some of the bridal party and i wondered... If half of your bridal party pulled out before the big day, what would you do?

I've seen quite a few people come up with replacements but i don't think I could do it. I think i'd just have a completely uneven bridal party. I'm not too worried about the whole thing because there's no point stressing over things you can't control.

Does the thought ever cross your mind about what you would do?

Darens Girl

Re:

Tue Dec 21, 2010 12:29 pm

Last edited by Darens Girl on Sun Feb 20, 2011 10:17 pm, edited 1 time in total.

chellebelle
♥ baby on board! ♥
♥ baby on board! ♥

Re: Bridal Party - What would you do?

Tue Dec 21, 2010 12:31 pm

I think it's rare to not have issues with the bridal party! I fired my MOH and it was the best thing I did. Poor DH had problems with his best man though, to the point where we were a few weeks out and not even sure he'd be attending. If that had happened, I wouldn't have tried for a replacement as it would have been more trouble then it was worth. We only wanted people we were closest to up there on the day with us, and any 'replacements' would have known they were not the first choice. (Thank god the best man ended up coming through really well on the day!)
Having said that, we weren't really doing the whole 'partners' thing with the bridesmaids and groomsmen. For the bridal party dance they danced with their partners for about two seconds then danced in a big circle with the flower girls, then pulled people up on to the dance floor. So even if we'd been uneven, the bridal party dance still would have worked.

Neptune
I need a title
I need a title

Tue Dec 21, 2010 12:44 pm

2 months out from our wedding and I have had to "fire" a BM. It wasn't worth the stress. We orginally wanted to go just siblings - but didn't want to the uneven thing so asked our closest friend - turns out to be our biggest mistake! Now we are back to just our siblings and having an uneven bridal party, and you know what we couldn't be happier - best wedding decision we've made so far. I now realise that the mjaority of my wedding stress was caused by what this person was/would be doing before/at our wedding, now I don't have that worry I'm so much calmer :)

We decided not to look for a replacement as I felt it was disrespectful to our other friends to ask them so last minute - I didn't want them to feel like second choice - so we went with the uneven bridal party option instead.

mrsctobe2011
Bridezilla in the making ♥
Bridezilla in the making ♥

Tue Dec 21, 2010 12:50 pm

Ever since we got engaged, I've had bridal party issues! I fired my original MOH and I'm now pretty close to firing her replacement! But maybe I'm just a bride-zilla :lol: :lol: One thing I've learnt is to not ask friends that you haven't known for a long time (no matter how 'close' they are) - that's been my biggest mistake from day 1.

Should_of_eloped
I just love to talk
I just love to talk

Tue Dec 28, 2010 9:27 pm

If you won't want to stress don't have a bridal party & just have as VIPs (they can get ready with you & sit at the head table).

We had a groomsmen pull out a few months before the wedding (he got deployed OS). We stayed uneven.

razzarach
♥ born to be a bride ♥
♥ born to be a bride ♥

Wed Dec 29, 2010 10:15 am

I also had bridal party issues and had to fire my MOH (who is my sister) and ask a friend to replace her. Luckily I already had two MOH's so I just have one now. It is a sad decision that my sister wont be a BM but a good decision. You have to do whatever is right for you on your day
GZIP: On | Load: 0.22