A Community for Brides Planning their Wedding in Australia

LillyPie
I just love to talk
I just love to talk
Topic Author

Who should attend wedding rehearsal?

Tue Jan 18, 2011 8:30 am

Do we need to get our bridesmaids and groomsmen to attend the wedding rehearsal? Or does it only really need to be me & FH? Also what about flowergirl/page boy?

*Riss*
Happiness Forever
Happiness Forever

Re: Who should attend wedding rehearsal?

Tue Jan 18, 2011 8:33 am

We had our entire bridal party, flower girls included

amberino21
Mrs Cupcake

Tue Jan 18, 2011 9:29 am

I'd have the whole bridal party, including FG's, whoever is walking you down the aisle/giving you away, and even the readers.

I've played at so many weddings where they haven't had a proper rehearsal and there's chit chat about where to go and what to do next - it makes it seem a bit clunky!

kachward
♥ Mrs KK ♥
♥ Mrs KK ♥

Tue Jan 18, 2011 9:38 am

We had me & hubby, FG, PB, BM's, my parents & my brother & SIL (SIL was doing a reading). We didn't do a rehersal as such. It was more of justa walk through to know where everyone should be.

~abstar~
Formerly known as Abbie_2010
Formerly known as Abbie_2010

Tue Jan 18, 2011 10:25 am

We had:
Bride and Groom
Bridal Party
My Parents
MC
Photographer

RinTinTin
I need a title
I need a title

Tue Jan 18, 2011 3:08 pm

We had the ~
DH and I
Bestman
All bridesmaids
1 gm (the rest weren't arriving til the next day)
Flowergirls
1 Pageboy (other was arriving next morning)
My parents PIL

We ran through who walked down the aisle first, where everyone was to stand, what was to be said (just when to say I do and I will etc).

almostthere
finallydone
finallydone

Tue Jan 18, 2011 3:21 pm

We had my parents, the entire bridal party, and obviously the minister. We practiced walking down the aisle and who should stand where, as well as a general run through of what happens when, and where people need to move to and stand. We arranged for our photographer to go and have a look at the location too, although he wasn't able to make it to the rehearsal time.

Kt_Kat
I survived and got married
I survived and got married

Tue Jan 18, 2011 3:23 pm

We had bridal party, my parents and readers, so that everyone knew when to do what. It was pretty relaxed, but it did help the next day.

Dandelion
Queen Of My Castle
Queen Of My Castle

Tue Jan 18, 2011 3:25 pm

We had bridal party (bar one, she couldn't get out of work, which was totally understandable), our reader (hubby of my MoH) and my parents. DH's parents were meant to come to, but they had work commitments they couldn't work around.

beldon
I just love to talk
I just love to talk

Tue Jan 18, 2011 4:18 pm

Is it a good idea to invite the readers? We haven't asked them to come yet, because they don't live close to the church, and didn't want them to have to drive all the way out to the church, if it wasn't going to be worthwhile for them too.

sweeti3
Mrs Bailey
Mrs Bailey

Tue Jan 18, 2011 7:36 pm

I would definately have everyone. You don't want eveyone asking you what they have to do just before the ceremony. We are also hoping to have our photographer come as well.

Depending on the age of your flowergirl it could be crucial for her to do a run through and understand what is happening. Kids are not nearly as good at adapting to new situations. Plus if she is shy at all you can show her how big the place is, how many people there are going to be and where people she knows will be sitting.

LillyPie
I just love to talk
I just love to talk
Topic Author

Wed Jan 19, 2011 8:34 am

Thanks for the replies everyone!

We are going to have the bridesmaids, the best man, and the flowergirl and pageboy. And of course if parents or whoever want to come they are also welcome too. We're not going to worry about getting the other 2 groomsmen to come, as I think they'll be ok on the day, they'll already be standing up there before the guests enter the chapel, and they both have young kids and are busy with work, so we figure they can probably give it a miss.

Ayla01
I just love to talk
I just love to talk

Fri Jan 21, 2011 1:59 am

LOL - think mine is going to be a free for all.

Me
FH
GM x 2
BM x 2
JBM x 2
FG x 2
PB x 1
Usher x 2
Dad

Thats just the bridal party. however, my dads wife will come as they are from out of town and honestly, what else is she going to do when her husband and both daughters are needed at the rehearsal. We'll have the two girls doing readings. Probably mum to help look after the younger ones. plus my 2 brothers and my SIL since the whole family will be there anyways, might as well just include them. as well as celebrant and sound/music guy. and the venue coordinator.

who knew it took 24 people to practice walking down an aisle???
GZIP: On | Load: 0.41