A Community for Brides Planning their Wedding in Australia

MrsFeb2011
Topic Author

Mermaid / Fishtail dress issue...

Wed Jan 19, 2011 7:35 pm

Hey all,

This is a bit embarrassing but mostly just very important!

Trying my dress on yesterday after the alterations I discovered that whilst I can get into my dress fine, walk around and sit down, it is IMPOSSIBLE to get my dress over my butt, to allow me to, well, pee!! Not sure why I thought to try this but I'm glad did and wasn't lumped with this realisation on the day!

My dress is a fish tail, and is tight basically all the way down to my mid thigh - which is obviously smaller in diameter than my butt.

Just wondering (and hoping) someone has come across this and has a solution. The one thing I can think of shy of holding my bladder for 11 hours is to fully get out of my dress, and then to fully get back in again - which would take about 20 mins I would say as it is a lace up back. Deff don't want to be doing this throughout the night!

Thanks, all solutions welcomed!

YUKI

Re: Mermaid / Fishtail dress issue...

Wed Jan 19, 2011 9:12 pm

It sounds like taking the dress off completely is the only way :e_think:

Sorry i'm not much help!

L.I.W
Insert Candy Here
Insert Candy Here

Wed Jan 19, 2011 9:51 pm

Oh man... I did not think of this when I brought the dress....

Taking the dress off is not practical IMO. Are you 100% sure you cannot shimmy it up enough to pee?

Kamio
I just love to talk
I just love to talk

Wed Jan 19, 2011 9:57 pm

Instead of taking the whole dress off you could always loosen it a bit...? That would make it easier to shimmy up...or so I imagine.

soni@
♥ Mrs Went ♥
♥ Mrs Went ♥

Wed Jan 19, 2011 10:06 pm

Kamio wrote:
Instead of taking the whole dress off you could always loosen it a bit...? That would make it easier to shimmy up...or so I imagine.

This is what I was going to suggest! oh man...I didnt even try to sit and walk around when I had my first fitting 8O hope I can do all this :lol:

MrsFeb2011
Topic Author

Wed Jan 19, 2011 10:56 pm

Thanks for the replies!

No chance at all of shimmy-ing unfortunately. I tried to pull it up as far as the bottom could go and I got stuck! Only got it over a teeny bit of my butt. I am a size 8 with a small-ish butt so don't think even a crash 2 week diet will save me. And even when the entire lace is undone, the section that covers my thighs is not in the undone bit, if u get what I mean, so it makes no difference - I still can't pull it over my butt.

I've been doing some googleing and see that other people have had the same probs and had to take their dresses off. I am upset with myself for not thinking about this before I bought my dress but I love it so much.. I HOPE it's all ganna be worth it. Next question is for the reception venue to make sure there is a big bathroom i can use so me and my bridesmaid aren't crammed into a cubicle getting my dress off :-o

Or invest in some adult diapers!! hahah it had to be said.

missabhv312

Wed Jan 19, 2011 11:25 pm

Ok. You're going to think I'm mental- but I may be an actual solution.

I heard on the radio the other day about a product called as 'she wee'... It's basically a funnel- designed for women to be able to pee standing up...

It may be bizarre- but may also save you getting changed every time...

Dandelion
Queen Of My Castle
Queen Of My Castle

Thu Jan 20, 2011 1:04 am

missabhv312 wrote:

I heard on the radio the other day about a product called as 'she wee'... It's basically a funnel- designed for women to be able to pee standing up...

I'm giggling about the she-wee, as thats an in joke with a group of my friends! But I do have to admit, it was the first thing that came into my mind too!

Kellyansapansa
I just love to talk
I just love to talk

Thu Jan 20, 2011 1:17 am

Here's another thought - I didn't pee at all on my wedding day! Admittedly I didn't drink very much - only a cup of tea in the morning and a couple of sips of champagne at the reception, but I did not need to pee at all.

Given that you can't count on that though, can you schedule toilet breaks into the day. If you know that it will take you at least 20 minutes to get out of your dress and back in, perhaps allow time in your schedule, ie - between ceremony and photos, before entering the reception, before your first dance, etc.

MalinViktoria
Tattooed Wife
Tattooed Wife

Thu Jan 20, 2011 9:46 am

I was gonna suggest the she-wee too. :oops: *lol* I was thinking of getting some of these for my wedding day even though I THINK I can pee sitting on the toilet, because it would just be a lot easier and quicker. Haven't decided yet though. I haven't actually tried one of these things, it might be messy. :lol:

MrsFeb2011
Topic Author

Thu Jan 20, 2011 9:57 am

missabhv312 wrote:

I feel sorry for the poor bugger who will have to hold the funnel for me! I don't think I will be able to reach!

cj2011
I need a title
I need a title

Thu Jan 20, 2011 10:20 am

OH MY GOODNESS....
Ok i have bought a dress like this too and it is TIGHT at the moment hahahahha I havent tried to sit or bend in it yet and this has given me panic atttacks bahahahah I think I might try it on over the weekend but I can see that a "she wee" purchase is on the cards :lol: :lol: :roll:

amberino21
Mrs Cupcake

Thu Jan 20, 2011 10:36 am

I'm not sure a she-wee would work as you'd still
need to get your dress up past your vajayjay to use it.

Could you have an invisible zip put in down your leg to give you more room?

I'm also having a dress made like this! Never even crossed my mind...thank you!

MrsFeb2011
Topic Author

Thu Jan 20, 2011 10:48 am

amberino21 wrote:

Could you have an invisible zip put in down your leg to give you more room?

I'm also having a dress made like this! Never even crossed my mind...thank you!

My wedding is in 2 weeks so I think further alterations are out for me, but I think that would work if you have the time. Keep the ideas coming and I'll let you know what I end up doing and how successful it was. Ah well at least I've had a laugh about it! Still shaking my head with the realisation...

L.I.W
Insert Candy Here
Insert Candy Here

Thu Jan 20, 2011 10:53 am

Yes please let us know how you go! I am very curious!

emmylouly
Mrs Klinakis
Mrs Klinakis

Thu Jan 20, 2011 11:33 am

I wore a mermaid dress for my wedding and although I would have been able to shimmy it up to pee, because I wore the sucky-in shorts that went up to just under my bust it was too awkward to try and pull the shorts down from out of the dress and then pull them all the way back up again. So i had to take my whole dress off to pee :( I never planned on wearing the shorts until the week of my wedding (every pair of undies showed a line - due to the style of dress it just hugged everywhere) and didnt think I would be the bride in the toilets with BMs holding her dress up while she peed!

Thankfully I didnt realise this until the actual day, otherwise I would have been stressing about it needlessly. I didnt need to go until we got to the reception where we had 1/2 hour set aside to chill/freshen up anyways. My BM had to hold up my dress for me while I peed, given that the whole thing was basically undone around me. And I didnt need to go again all night.

So its not such a big deal if you have to take your dress off - if your dress is that tight you probably wont need to go more than once. And your BMs/MOH will be close friends or family so they should be able to put up with it for your special day. Dont stress hun - I laugh thinking back to it!

tarwon
I just love to talk
I just love to talk

Fri Jan 21, 2011 2:46 pm

omg I also have a fishtail style dress. I tested to see if I could sit down in it but I didn't even think about going to the toilet!! Too funny!! Those she-wee things are sooooo creepy but could be a good option for me if I can't shimmy mine up :oops:
GZIP: On | Load: 0.71