A Community for Brides Planning their Wedding in Australia

YUKI
Topic Author

Things you realised you'd forgotten to do!

Fri Jan 28, 2011 10:04 am

Hi Ladies,

With our day fast approaching I keep thinking i'm forgetting something, so i'm wondering....

Did anyone reach there wedding day and think "OMG!! I should have done / organised that!!"
What was it? Was there something that you over looked in your planning?

Would love to hear what you missed!!

Kellyansapansa
I just love to talk
I just love to talk

Re: Things you realised you'd forgotten to do!

Sat Jan 29, 2011 9:09 pm

I'm pleased to be able to say that there wasn't anything I forgot to plan for our wedding. There were no "OMG - I can't believe I didn't think of that" moments.

However, when I left the hotel room to go to the ceremony, in the rush I did forget to take the horseshoe that my Mum had given me from her own wedding, which I very much regret now. What I should have done was ask my MOH to keep track of the stuff I needed to take with me, but I didn't think of it until it was too late.

jetsetterjess
Jess the Best
Jess the Best

Sun Jan 30, 2011 3:01 am

I worked out the music for the ceremony and posted it on forums and even had it saved on my computer, work computer etc. luckily i also had what song was happening for the bridal entrance and signing of the register etc in the OOS otherwise it would have been a bit of a kerfuffle. on the day DH rings and asks, 'so what song is it you're walking down the aisle to??'. they played the right music for each part but there was no background music playing whilst the guests were waiting for us to arrive like i had imagined. also i forgot to email my 'must have' dancefloor songs to the DJ so we had the cake cutting song, first dance etc all sorted but missed out on some others i would have liked to dance to. Like the Nutbush!!

Wand33
I need a title
I need a title

Sun Jan 30, 2011 4:49 pm

Friends of mine forgot the guestbook so the MOH drove to go get it at the beginning of the reception.

They also forgot a knife with which to cut the cake so I organised last minute for a knife from the venue's kitchen and used the MOH's ribbon from her bouquet to make it pretty. Lol was a huge knife, but it worked :P

tb2

Mon Jan 31, 2011 2:53 pm

I forgot to organise someone to pick up our presents and wishing well from the reception after we left - thank goodness I have a very organised mum who thought of it before she left! I left my bouquet there as well on the bridal table so she rescued that too.

Bride Bec
I need a title
I need a title

Mon Jan 31, 2011 3:00 pm

I didnt forget anything major except for the horse shoe my MIL gave me. I would have liked to have had it so she knew I did use it.
GZIP: On | Load: 0.55