A Community for Brides Planning their Wedding in Australia

Abbey_Lou
♥ Mrs Trethowan ♥
♥  Mrs Trethowan ♥
Topic Author

Finalising Music...questions!!

Mon Jan 31, 2011 8:28 am

We are about to make our last decisions on the music for the ceremony. At this stage we have music in the following places of the ceremony:

1: Walking down aisle (Bridal Party)
2: Walking down the aisle (Me)
3: Offertory
4: Communion songs x2
5: Signiong register
6: Leaving the church

So, to anyone that is having or had a Catholic wedding ceremony (full mass) does this sound right? I am also unsure whether:
a) we need a song for the mother's unity candle lighting ceremony;
b) How many songs do we need for the signing of the register; and
c) Is there anywhere else in the ceremony we need music??

:D

cabaret
I need a title
I need a title

Re: Finalising Music...questions!!

Mon Jan 31, 2011 8:48 am

Do they include a reflection song in a wedding? While the priest is cleaning up all the communion stuff?

Abbey_Lou
♥ Mrs Trethowan ♥
♥  Mrs Trethowan ♥
Topic Author

Mon Jan 31, 2011 8:49 am

cabaret wrote:
Do they include a reflection song in a wedding? While the priest is cleaning up all the communion stuff?

OK, so would I need to include another song under 'communion' to make it 3 songs or will 2 include the reflection time??

jaynage
I survived and got married
I survived and got married

Mon Jan 31, 2011 8:58 am

Abbey_Lou wrote:
cabaret wrote:

OK, so would I need to include another song under 'communion' to make it 3 songs or will 2 include the reflection time??

We also had a full Catholic mass with communion. 2 songs should include the 'reflection' time, unless you have a huge congregation of guests. Also remember that not all of your guests may be Catholic/Christian, and therefore not all of them may participate in communion so it may be shorter. I'd say 2 songs would be stacks.

In answer to your other queries:
- We had a separate song for the unity candle part
- 2 songs max for signing of the register. We only needed one, but we had a spare just in case
- You don't need music anywhere else than the places you mentioned already, unless you have incorporated hymns or psalms into your ceremony

Abbey_Lou
♥ Mrs Trethowan ♥
♥  Mrs Trethowan ♥
Topic Author

Mon Jan 31, 2011 8:59 am

jaynage wrote:
Abbey_Lou wrote:
cabaret wrote:

We also had a full Catholic mass with communion. 2 songs should include the 'reflection' time, unless you have a huge congregation of guests. Also remember that not all of your guests may be Catholic/Christian, and therefore not all of them may participate in communion so it may be shorter. I'd say 2 songs would be stacks.

In answer to your other queries:
- We had a separate song for the unity candle part
- 2 songs max for signing of the register. We only needed one, but we had a spare just in case
- You don't need music anywhere else than the places you mentioned already, unless you have incorporated hymns or psalms into your ceremony

Thanks Jaynage, as I suspected!! :D

amberino21
Mrs Cupcake

Mon Jan 31, 2011 10:10 am

Definitely have two songs for communion and signing, and one for the candle ceremony.

Candle ceremony is generally in two parts - if you're having an ensemble they may use two sections of the same piece unless you want different ones :)
GZIP: On | Load: 0.35