A Community for Brides Planning their Wedding in Australia

weddedbliss2006
I just love to talk
I just love to talk
Topic Author

Brisbane Girls: Can you help make a dream wedding?

Fri Feb 18, 2011 9:51 pm

My friends and I are part of a group called the Yummi Mummi's (Beenleigh based) and our good friend Shara is getting married on the 26th March, 2011.

Due to a sad unforeseen circumstance, the wedding has been brought forward to next month. Please read Shara's story and let it touch your heart like it has ours.

"Hi there my name is Shara and this is my story.

My partner and i have been together for 5 years now, we have been engaged for 2.5 years and have a son together, he was born on Christmas day of 2010. We've been planning our wedding for a long time now and every time we get close to being able to put a deposit down something comes up and we have to use the money we'd saved, so we decided to put the wedding on hold and just put little bits of money aside when we could and when we'd saved enough for our dream wedding we'd get married then.

Well in the last few weeks of my pregnancy I found out that my grandfather has terminal cancer and hasn't got long to live. As my father walked out on me before i was born, my grandfather was like my father, he taught me to read and write, he took me to my first day of school, and when i got really ill when i was only 2 years old he never left my hospital bed side. So naturally he is the only person I want to give me away.

Kellam and i decided that with the little bit of money we had saved we'd get married at the registry office on the 26/03/2011 so my grandfather could give me away. We only had enough money to pay for the registry office, so my grandmother is going to do the catering and we're going to have the reception at our home. But we don't have any flowers or decorations or anything that goes with a wedding, I don't have a dress and Kellam and our son don't have anything nice to wear.

So i ask you all to look inside your hearts and help us have our simple wedding, any help you give will be greatly appreciated.

Thank you

Shara ♥ "

*no parts of her story have been edited at all. It has come direct from Shara herself

To make Shara's special day possible, we are asking the community to come together and help us out. We are asking for donations for ANYTHING wedding related.

We want Shara to have the dream white wedding with her prince charming. She has the prince and now just needs the dream.

If you think you can help please let us know. It can be anything from the dress to the makeup/hair to the car hire. Businesses willing to donate their services will get a shout out on our Facebook Page, which will be seen by all our contacts.

Please feel free to share our facebook page with all your friends and suggest to suppliers to may be able to help: http://www.facebook.com/pages/Wedding-D ... 5479774350

Thank you from the bottom of our hearts.

The Yummi Mummis'
mailto:yummimummigroup@hotmail.com
Last edited by weddedbliss2006 on Sat Feb 19, 2011 9:35 am, edited 1 time in total.

weddedbliss2006
I just love to talk
I just love to talk
Topic Author

Re: Brisbane Girls: Can you help make a dream wedding?

Fri Feb 18, 2011 10:02 pm

sorry mods, just realised this is Not wedding related! its been a while since ive been here

can you please move it to the appropriate place?
GZIP: On | Load: 0.11