A Community for Brides Planning their Wedding in Australia

RockyD
Topic Author

Did you have a guestbook

Tue Mar 22, 2011 11:46 am

And did anyone sign it? I really want a guestbook but have been hearing stories that either very few people sign it or else people just write their name. We are having 60-70 guests and if everyone just writes their name in a 50 page guest book it will look a little silly. :)

Also are there any other ideas for keepsakes (remembering the guests) that people will actually participate in?

Dandelion
Queen Of My Castle
Queen Of My Castle

Re: Did you have a guestbook

Tue Mar 22, 2011 12:00 pm

We had a wishing tree, guests wrote their messages on tags and hang them with ribbon from the tree branches. Almost every single one of our 90 guests wrote a lovely message to us to keep.

jaynage
I survived and got married

Tue Mar 22, 2011 12:02 pm

Yeh we had one. Bit of a waste of time IMO - people wrote out all their lovely messages to us in their cards anyway, so I don't know why I bothered. I prefered reading the messages in the cards than in the guestbook.

Naradine
I need a title
I need a title

Tue Mar 22, 2011 12:41 pm

I'm not sure yet what we are going to do...
Like Jayne said.. people will write their wishes in the cards anyway.. dont think anyone will miss a guestbook if there isn't any there to miss... :wink:

SwediesPie
I just love to talk
I just love to talk

Tue Mar 22, 2011 1:07 pm

I am having a wedding guest book with some questions that will hopefully prompt a lot more people to write in it.
I think I will somehow ask for no cards and for them to write their well wishes into the guest book. Because I hate ending up with heaps of cards (I am definately no scrapbooker!)

Bride Bec
I need a title
I need a title

Tue Mar 22, 2011 1:08 pm

We felt the same way about guest books until I found the Kikki version. Rather than everyone writing the same generic comment, it has pre-set questions, such as "favourite memory of the couple", "where I see them in 5 years", "my name is & my relationship to the couple" is etc. The most interesting was "I'm feeling"..... we had some very interesting responses. :wink: :lol:

I really enjoyed reading through the comments, even our parents and grandparents wrote in the book. It is very different to the generic guest book.

http://www.kikki-k.com/shop/product/gue ... -klassisk/

LesLeigh

Tue Mar 22, 2011 1:30 pm

we are not having a 'guestbook' in the normal sense of the word. We are getting a puzzle made, that will have our names as pieces in the middle and then each couple can sign different piece, then we can put it together in any order that we want to make a nice pattern out of the messages, and then we will put it on the wall at home.

*Riss*
Happiness Forever
Happiness Forever

Tue Mar 22, 2011 1:35 pm

We got this one here: http://www.pinkfrosting.com.au/shop/ite ... -photo-mat

We both wanted something to display not a book you put away and never look at. We have put a wedding photo in it and it hangs on the wall in our study. It's there but not in your face IYKWIM.

Should_of_eloped
I just love to talk
I just love to talk

Tue Mar 22, 2011 1:44 pm

Personally I think guest books are a waste of time. I got one for free so we used it but not many people used it & we still haven't looked at it properly. HOWEVER, we had a photobooth and the operator did a book of photos & messages for us. That was sign by most everyone & is a crack up to look through!!

A friend of mine had a big chalkboard for messages so they could display it. That was fun because we were able to get a bit creative with the different coloured chalks!

kristal
Mrs Frangi
Mrs Frangi

Tue Mar 22, 2011 2:33 pm

All of our guests wrote in ours and to be honest, we never go back and look at our wedding cards but we have pulled the guest book out a few times. It was a good keepsake.

bronzestar

Tue Mar 22, 2011 2:51 pm

Bride Bec wrote:
We felt the same way about guest books until I found the Kikki version. Rather than everyone writing the same generic comment, it has pre-set questions, such as "favourite memory of the couple", "where I see them in 5 years", "my name is & my relationship to the couple" is etc. The most interesting was "I'm feeling"..... we had some very interesting responses. :wink: :lol:

I really enjoyed reading through the comments, even our parents and grandparents wrote in the book. It is very different to the generic guest book.

http://www.kikki-k.com/shop/product/gue ... -klassisk/

I have bought this guestbook and I'm glad to hear that it helped to prompt people to write something other than their name- here's hoping :D Even if not everyone uses it I would like to offer our guests the opportunity to write in a guestbook.

sarahpearce214

Tue Mar 22, 2011 3:49 pm

this is what we are having!!

we had a guest book for our engagement party and it was great people filled it out but i have only looked at it once since then so thought id get something i could see all the time
frame.gif

SmallNads
What You Talking 'Bout Willis?
What You Talking     'Bout Willis?

Tue Mar 22, 2011 5:29 pm

I didn't bother with a guest book. I figured people will just wrote nice things in their cards, which I've kept.

Melr
I need a title
I need a title

Wed Mar 23, 2011 11:30 am

LesLeigh wrote:
we are not having a 'guestbook' in the normal sense of the word. We are getting a puzzle made, that will have our names as pieces in the middle and then each couple can sign different piece, then we can put it together in any order that we want to make a nice pattern out of the messages, and then we will put it on the wall at home.

if you dont mind me asking but where did you get this from? do you have a link? i am a jigsaw fanatic and i think this would be a great personal touch!!

Dandelion
Queen Of My Castle
Queen Of My Castle

Wed Mar 23, 2011 11:35 am

Melr wrote:
LesLeigh wrote:

if you dont mind me asking but where did you get this from? do you have a link? i am a jigsaw fanatic and i think this would be a great personal touch!!

I'm not LesLeigh, but I have seen the jigsaw guestbooks on Etsy :D
GZIP: On | Load: 0.11