A Community for Brides Planning their Wedding in Australia

caz
Finally the Mrs to my Mr
Finally the Mrs to my Mr
Topic Author

Cards and Pockets

Sun May 08, 2011 6:53 pm

anyone used them and what did you think. We are looking into this option for our invites but want to hear good things about them first

*Riss*
Happiness Forever
Happiness Forever

Re: Cards and Pockets

Sun May 08, 2011 6:54 pm

A few years back they sent us some samples, rather quickly after ordering actually but when it came to processing the order I found them a little difficult so we just ended up doing them here in Melbourne. Some people on here have had quite a good experience with them though, that's just us and that was some time back.

Dandelion
Queen Of My Castle
Queen Of My Castle

Sun May 08, 2011 6:58 pm

If you type 'cards and pockets' into the search bar at the top right, there are about 30 pages of threads about cards and pockets, but this is one of the main ones:
viewtopic.php?f=24&t=118577&p=1916790

We used them, and they were fantastic for us. Great communication, great product and we couldn't get anything similar in Australia.

April14

Sun May 08, 2011 10:18 pm

I ordered some samples a couple of months ago but made a mistake on my order. When I got in contact with them they were so helpful about it and fixed it right up for me.
I'll be ordering my paper and envelopes from them soon mainly just because the samples were really nice - especially the linen cardstock... mmmmmmm :D

**Manda**
♥ The Mrs ♥
♥ The Mrs ♥

Mon May 09, 2011 12:49 am

I found postage to be a killer!! I got my pocket folds from [/url]http://www.dizzidezine.com.au/[/url]

Summer_bride
I just love to talk
I just love to talk

Mon May 09, 2011 1:38 pm

im going with cards and pockets, with the exchange rate what it is you just cant get that quality here for the same price even with postage. Got my sample pack last week, and can't wait to order now :heart:

KCupcake21
I need a title
I need a title

Tue May 10, 2011 12:43 pm

Depends what exactly you are after.

I'm just after the pocket-fold invitations (i've got the paper inserts already, thanks to officeworks) & found that fine invitations (in Sydney & on-line) are the same price per pocket-fold & the postage is only $10, also they are the DL size.

Trisha
I need a title
I need a title

Tue May 10, 2011 1:09 pm

Yep while the exchange rate is the way it is I'd jump on it. I got mine before Christmas. Of course now the dollar is even better!

If you can hold out a little they often have specials as well. I do know that they have put prices down on some items.

I found their service was great, friendly and easy to use. Products arrived in good time and quality is great also :)

Summer_bride
I just love to talk
I just love to talk

Tue May 10, 2011 4:24 pm

KCupcake21 wrote:

I'm just after the pocket-fold invitations (i've got the paper inserts already, thanks to officeworks) & found that fine invitations (in Sydney & on-line) are the same price per pocket-fold & the postage is only $10, also they are the DL size.

umm i just looked at the site and its saying folded cards start at $3.50... I can get the pocket and inserts for less than $2 at cards and pockets, thats way more expensive 8O

Trisha
I need a title
I need a title

Tue May 10, 2011 5:47 pm

Summer_bride wrote:
KCupcake21 wrote:

umm i just looked at the site and its saying folded cards start at $3.50... I can get the pocket and inserts for less than $2 at cards and pockets, thats way more expensive 8O

Really?? What sort are you after. I had a look at the folded cards and they are 35cents for a 5x7 rectangle folded card.

I got pocket folds for 80cent each.

Dandelion
Queen Of My Castle
Queen Of My Castle

Tue May 10, 2011 5:52 pm

The issue I had with Australian suppliers vs Cards and Pockets was that I had my heart set on a particular style/shape of pocketfold and only Cards and Pockets offered that shape. One of the Australian suppliers had a similar shape, but the 'pocket' faced vertically, and I wanted horizontal pockets, as I was worried the inserts would fall out otherwise. Also, Cards and Pockets had a much better colour range. When I ordered, they had a great deal on pocketfolds, and the money I saved paid for my postage, so I was pretty happy with that. If you aren't in a hurry, sign up for their emails/facebook page and they'll let you know what the specials are.

**Manda**
♥ The Mrs ♥
♥ The Mrs ♥

Tue May 10, 2011 6:00 pm

Dandelion i had the same thing, but i ended up changing my invite around so it faced the pockets... It was money issue for me as i had already spent good money of 2 different invites i didnt like so i ended up just getting the Aus ones lol

andie85
I just love to talk
I just love to talk

Tue May 10, 2011 7:47 pm

I got my invitations done with them, including the printing. I love our invitations! I got exactly what I wanted, which was going to be impossible to get in Australia. Yes the postage can look a bit costly but when you add up what it would of cost you here in Australia, it usually ends up been cheaper! I saved about $300.

Bonni_Binx
Mrs Ranga
Mrs Ranga

Wed May 11, 2011 2:52 am

I got mine from there too. I found the website easy to navigate and had no problems with the samples etc (definitely order samples first.. colours NEVER look the same was what they do on your PC screen!).

The hardest part was printing them. I did them myself (made a custom template in publisher) after much cursing and late night I got them done and was proud as punch that I could say I hand made them (even if they were precut :lol: ). Everybody commented on how great they looked and I've even had a couple of brides ask me to help them with theirs!

Melz4d
I just love to talk
I just love to talk

Mon May 16, 2011 11:23 pm

I got my order from c&p not that long ago. Ordered a sample first, definately a good idea.
I love the product & they were so fast & easy to deal with. I haven't started trying to print yet so can't comment on that (here's hoping it is drama free). Even with the high cost of postage it was about half the price of what I could find anywhere else.
Best of luck

FLG

Wed May 18, 2011 6:36 pm

Can't recommend them enough! They were so great. At the time I got ours the dollar wasn't as good but even with the postage being pretty expensive, it was still a lot cheaper than if I'd had them made here.

They sent the wrong envelopes too, I emailed them and had the right ones at my door within a week - with a handwritten note of apology! It made me love them even more.

KCupcake21
I need a title
I need a title

Thu May 19, 2011 11:26 am

Summer_bride wrote:
KCupcake21 wrote:

I've just found that price on their website, I'm not getting them to do the printing for me, I've just bought the pouches & envelopes as I'm doing my own printing & assembly.

Autumn2010
Tiger Princess
Tiger Princess

Thu May 19, 2011 1:06 pm

I got my pockets and envelopes with C&P, they were great. I ordered samples first and the samples came really quickly. I didn't order inserts through them as the price jumped up for the postage quite a bit so i bought insert paper here and cut them to size. They have some great looking invites on their web page and just like FLG when i recieved my orders there was a hand written thank you (although there was no error for my order). I definately recommend them.
GZIP: On | Load: 0.49