A Community for Brides Planning their Wedding in Australia

**Manda**
♥ The Mrs ♥
♥ The Mrs ♥
Topic Author

Ah Crap! ever done this?

Mon May 16, 2011 11:15 pm

have you mentioned to someone about coming to your wedding and then regretted it?

I mentioned to a friend today that if they were in the state (they live in a different state) around the time of the wedding that i would find them a seat...

Only to realise that if i invite her i will feel bad that i didnt invite other out of staters that i said i wasnt going to.

How would you go about this situation?

alwayz_shopping
Straddie Super Bride
Straddie Super Bride

Re: Ah Crap! ever done this?

Mon May 16, 2011 11:25 pm

What was her response? And what is the likelihood of her being in the state at the time of your wedding. If it was just a throw away comment that she didn't take seriously then I don't think you need to invite her at all, unless she took it seriously and is expecting an invite now.

missEbali
Mrs DG
Mrs DG

Mon May 16, 2011 11:38 pm

yes yes yes I have... :oops:

Due to my big fat mouth and being overly excited, luckily with it being in Bali, I have a excuse and say ahh now it's only going to be small with immediate family and a few friends. :wink:

So, do you want to invite her? If you have room to invite only her then go for it.. if you want. Do the other out of staters now about the wedding?

**Manda**
♥ The Mrs ♥
♥ The Mrs ♥
Topic Author

Mon May 16, 2011 11:39 pm

She said if finances allow she would love to see me get married.

I dont know if she will come but i did tell her that NO interstators will get an invite.

I love her to death but i dont want to open up a can of worms with all the other interstate friends!

**Manda**
♥ The Mrs ♥
♥ The Mrs ♥
Topic Author

Mon May 16, 2011 11:42 pm

missEbali wrote:

Due to my big fat mouth and being overly excited, luckily with it being in Bali, I have a excuse and say ahh now it's only going to be small with immediate family and a few friends. :wink:

So, do you want to invite her? If you have room to invite only her then go for it.. if you want. Do the other out of staters now about the wedding?

I do want to, but FH thinks i am insane as she blew me off when in Sydney last.

Yeah the other girls know about it too and one invited me to her wedding in QLD last year :(

Wand33
I need a title
I need a title

Tue May 17, 2011 2:17 am

Not really, but I have cringed at trying to dodge the "Oh i better be invited!!" statements lol I just say ah well, its only in 2013....oh look at that nice shiny thing there!" lol

christabelle
C-WOWW
C-WOWW

Tue May 17, 2011 11:48 am

I haven't done what you've done BUT we decided to only invite friends who we'd seen regularly in the 6 months prior to the wedding and I didnt invite one friend and her partner...I now really regret that. So, you dont want to live with regrets - if you will regret not inviting her, then I would invite her. If you can live with the ramifications of not inviting her, than don't

lexyles
I survived and got married
I survived and got married

Tue May 17, 2011 12:46 pm

:D
Last edited by lexyles on Mon Dec 17, 2012 11:39 am, edited 1 time in total.

jzafeem86
Mrs Vella
Mrs Vella

Tue May 17, 2011 12:54 pm

missEbali wrote:

i Agree,
I accidently opened my mouth and told some one that DH hates, unfortunately he hangs around his group of mates(the person doesnt know DH hates them as he is polite around that person) about us getting married overseas blah blah and then i turned around and said im only having our family and DH can only invite 3 people from his side (such a liar)
LOL good old Destination WEddings 8)

darwinchic
I need a title
I need a title

Tue May 17, 2011 11:21 pm

I did the invite then regret thing too :oops: :oops:
In the end I had to tell them sorry I couldn't invite them (they used to work with me but then moved interstate) cause if I invited them then I would ahve to invite about 4 other couples from work - and I can't afford to do that. So I explained it to her and she seemed cool with it.

Maybe ask yourself if you could see yourself inviting her to dinner and paying for all of it in 7 years time - if the you don't know the answer straight away it might help to clear your mind?

Ayla01
I just love to talk
I just love to talk

Tue May 17, 2011 11:40 pm

haha...i did this. Old friend i've had almost nothing to do with for about 10 years was in town and we caught up and she was asking about the wedding and i was all like "yeah totally gonna send you an invite"

How did i get around it...i just simply didn't send her one. Fairly sure she will understand if it comes up. we're not that close...

kristal
Mrs Frangi
Mrs Frangi

Wed May 18, 2011 5:08 pm

Thank goodness I was really really careful about that. But I don't see why it should matter if you invite her and nobody else from interstate - will any of the other interstate people even find out that you have done that? I wouldn't worry about it until closer to the time, if she blew you off whilst she was in town last time, why would she pay the money to travel to see you again?

nwyfre
♥ Married a Muggle ♥
♥ Married a Muggle ♥

Wed May 18, 2011 6:04 pm

I forgot to invite my SIL to my early hens, only realised the next day 8O Very awkward at dinner for dad's b'day Sunday night when she asked how it was! Whoops!

We're lucky in that we don't have a lot of friends...
GZIP: On | Load: 0.21