Re: Best & Worst Bonbonniere

Mon Jun 20, 2011 11:46 am

my fav would be the personalised stubby coolers and chocs or lollies

tiffanyblue
I just love to talk
I just love to talk

Mon Jun 20, 2011 12:46 pm

I think Stubby coolers are an awesome idea if they fit with the theme of your wedding. We have quite a few from peoples weddings that we use all the time.

Worst would be glass coasters with the bride and grooms name, date etc on them. Don't really know when i'd use them and I find them tacky. They gathered dust for a while before they went in the bin.

Lolly buffets are also awesome. Or anything edible. One of my friends had a cupcake tier cake, and the bonboniere was a cupcake in a lovely box to take hom.

kristal
Mrs Frangi
Mrs Frangi

Mon Jun 20, 2011 5:27 pm

Without tooting my own horn, everyone to this day (4.5 years later) says that our bonfav's were the best they had receive. We gave each couple a set of 6 round glass coasters that sit in a matching glass holder. They didn't have anything personalised to do with us on them (besides a little card on the end of some ribbon), just a picture of a martini glass in frosting on the top of each one and everyone raved about them and most guests still have them sitting on their bars/coffee tables etc. We see them every time we go to someone's place. I was really all for the useful type of gift that people would keep and would use.

Besides that, chocolates are a good idea. I have been to some that have had little compact mirrors for the girls (and can't remember for the boys), candles, miniture cakes to match the wedding cake etc.

The Mrs Martin
Formerly known as futuremrsmartin
Formerly known as futuremrsmartin

Mon Jun 20, 2011 6:41 pm

we are having chocolate hearts for ours

I havent been to a wedding since I was a child so I dont have a best and worst

cabaret
I need a title
I need a title

Mon Jun 20, 2011 8:01 pm

I like candy. :D

I like candy more than this guy likes candy:

That said, I also like little usless knickknacks, like funny little statues and things to put in glass cabinets (now heres the wog coming out in me...)

sachick90
I survived and got married

Mon Jun 20, 2011 8:05 pm

I would have to agree with the people that like the edible bonbonniere, I am not a huge fan of the niknaks as I find they just gather dust.

L.I.W
Insert Candy Here
Insert Candy Here

Mon Jun 20, 2011 8:16 pm

cabaret wrote:

That said, I also like little usless knickknacks, like funny little statues and things to put in glass cabinets (now heres the wog coming out in me...)

Nobody likes Candy more than that guy!

future_mrs_smith
I just love to talk
I just love to talk

Mon Jun 20, 2011 8:58 pm

When I used to work at weddings, choccies or lollies always got left behind (which was great for us as a midnight snack cleaning up). A good wedding 50% would be left behind, usually it was a bit more. My FSIL for her wedding handmade cupcakes for every guest and heaps were left behind which I felt so bad for her knowing the effort that went in and everyone knew too as the groom mentioned it in his speech. Usually knick knacks have the highest success rates of getting taken home, barely any are left behind. That's why we decided to go with knick knacks. We printed up heaps we thought would be useful, took them around to the bridal party and parents and they 'voted' and we went with the most popular: playing cards for the guys (this surprised me, I thought they would prefer the pocket knives and tire gauges) and compact mirrors for the girls.

bronzestar

Mon Jun 20, 2011 9:04 pm

future_mrs_smith wrote:
When I used to work at weddings, choccies or lollies always got left behind (which was great for us as a midnight snack cleaning up). A good wedding 50% would be left behind, usually it was a bit more. My FSIL for her wedding handmade cupcakes for every guest and heaps were left behind which I felt so bad for her knowing the effort that went in and everyone knew too as the groom mentioned it in his speech. Usually knick knacks have the highest success rates of getting taken home, barely any are left behind. That's why we decided to go with knick knacks. We printed up heaps we thought would be useful, took them around to the bridal party and parents and they 'voted' and we went with the most popular: playing cards for the guys (this surprised me, I thought they would prefer the pocket knives and tire gauges) and compact mirrors for the girls.

I think it's a bit of a superstition that you don't give knives as a present, it's on omen of the cutting of the bonds between you, like the end of your friendship.... If you believe in that kinda stuff.

I'm more than happy to feed the staff chocolates if my guests are silly enough to leave them behind :lol: Might even buy some extras for the staff :D

Mandib2b
I just love to talk
I just love to talk

Mon Jun 20, 2011 9:13 pm

We are donating money to the Cancer council as i feel that is where the money should go.
Many weddings i have been to people do leave their bombineries behind & i really think that nobody cares!

xoxbubxox
I just love to talk
I just love to talk
Topic Author

Mon Jun 20, 2011 9:46 pm

cabaret wrote:

Love it!!

xoxbubxox
I just love to talk
I just love to talk
Topic Author

Mon Jun 20, 2011 9:49 pm

I really like the idea of donating money to a charity. My yaya passed away last year from diabeties so we could donate to them. Or the other thing I was thinking was personalized packs of coffee. What do you think??

future_mrs_smith
I just love to talk
I just love to talk

Tue Jun 21, 2011 10:46 am

bronzestar wrote:
future_mrs_smith wrote:

I think it's a bit of a superstition that you don't give knives as a present, it's on omen of the cutting of the bonds between you, like the end of your friendship.... If you believe in that kinda stuff.

I'm more than happy to feed the staff chocolates if my guests are silly enough to leave them behind :lol: Might even buy some extras for the staff :D

You have no idea how much the staff would love that!!! :) If a function finishes at midnight we wouldn't finish cleaning until about 2-3am and the choccies are a godsend at midnight! We were going to leave the left over cupcakes with our staff :)

I had no idea about the knives too, that's probably why :)

Balls
formerly known as JessieK
formerly known as JessieK

Tue Jun 21, 2011 12:22 pm

future_mrs_smith wrote:
bronzestar wrote:
future_mrs_smith wrote:

You have no idea how much the staff would love that!!! :) If a function finishes at midnight we wouldn't finish cleaning until about 2-3am and the choccies are a godsend at midnight! We were going to leave the left over cupcakes with our staff :)

I had no idea about the knives too, that's probably why :)

Maybe that's why the guy I called at our reception place got so excited when I asked if we were allowed to have a lolly bar! Maybe he knows there will be alot left over for him to eat :lol:

shell_bride14
I just love to talk
I just love to talk

Thu Jun 23, 2011 9:38 pm

Worst - Black jelly beans!

KCupcake21
I need a title
I need a title

Fri Jun 24, 2011 12:03 pm

I prefer edible items, purely as then i don't have to find a place to store the item (think tiny apartment - no storage space). Chocolate is always great, lollies & I once received a small jar of home-made raspberry jam - that was my favourite actually - it was delicious & soo much better than shop-bought stuff

Though other usefull nick-nack gifts ive received have been drink coasters, stubby coolers & un-monogramed champaign flutes - they came in a personalised box instead, which was really nice!

I've also seen a coffee gift pack - nice big mug with a saucer & spoon and a small bag of monogramed coffee beans - I would have loved to have replicated that one for my bombonniers, but it was a bit too expensive with 100 guests.

soni@
♥ Mrs Went ♥
♥ Mrs Went ♥

Fri Jun 24, 2011 12:15 pm

We did personalised chocolate bars which doubled as name tags...they were an absolute hit with guests...not one was left behind!

**Manda**
♥ The Mrs ♥
♥ The Mrs ♥

Fri Jun 24, 2011 12:46 pm

Ours will be lollipops that will also double as the seating chart... i hope everyone enjoys them!!

I havent been to may weddings and i cant really recall any bad favours, But IMO edible things are a good bet!

cabaret
I need a title
I need a title

Fri Jun 24, 2011 8:20 pm

shell_bride14 wrote:
Worst - Black jelly beans!

BLASPHEMY! (says the girl who buys the bags of black diabetic jellybeans from the chemist)

*eyes dart around*

:D

I'll eat the black jelly beans for you.

shell_bride14
I just love to talk
I just love to talk

Fri Jun 24, 2011 10:44 pm

Sorry :p we did find a use for them tho.. Adding them to the table decorations ( those little water rubber ball things ) lol
GZIP: On | Load: 0.22