A Community for Brides Planning their Wedding in Australia

**Manda**
♥ The Mrs ♥
♥ The Mrs ♥
Topic Author

Where to have alterations done?

Sun Jul 24, 2011 11:15 pm

I ordered my wedding dress from a bridal store just over an hour away. They have a dressmaker who can do my alterations for me there, or at another place about 55 mins away.

A loverly lady on here has a dressmaker in my area (25 mins away) who she is using and knows others who have used.

Should i stick with the store's one or go the closer one with recommendations?

BubS
I need a title
I need a title

Re: Where to have alterations done?

Mon Jul 25, 2011 9:43 am

I would go with the store's recommendations. Much easier to keep control of things that way, IMO.

I ordered my dress in Beecroft in Sydney and will be getting alterations done by their recommended person... both 2.5 hours away!

cloudie
Mrs Awesome!
Mrs Awesome!

Mon Jul 25, 2011 10:42 am

I got my dress about 45 mins from home. Their alterationist went on leave before my dress could be altered. (They *forgot* to tell me.)

I got mine altered at a dress shop 5 mins from home. They had never altered a dress of my brand before, but they did a really good job. My only complaint was the bustle wasn't high enough, but I picked my dress up on the thursday before I got married. If you have plenty of time you have no problems.

I am glad I didn't go to the recommended alteration place. The BM dresses were done there and they ended up being appaling. The girls spent the whole night hiking them up and the zip sat funny in the lining!

Go with what works best for you!

bernie

Mon Jul 25, 2011 11:09 pm

I'd go with the person thaats knows the dress I'm doing that for mine it just gives me piece of mind knowing they have worked on it before
GZIP: On | Load: 0.41