A Community for Brides Planning their Wedding in Australia

caz
Finally the Mrs to my Mr
Finally the Mrs to my Mr
Topic Author

Bar tab

Wed Aug 03, 2011 9:33 pm

Ok so we are having some money on the bar thanks to PIL's now how do i put on our website that once that runs out people will need to buy there own drinks. or can i put it that the tab starts ones the meals start or something like that

BubS
I need a title
I need a title

Re: Bar tab

Wed Aug 03, 2011 9:38 pm

I would probably say something along the lines of "there will be a limited bar tab available on the evening".

People will then at least not be caught by surprise when the wait staff tell them they now have to pay for a drink, and they will have cash on them in that event. It's pretty standard these days for people to have to pay for their drinks at some stage during the evening.

caz
Finally the Mrs to my Mr
Finally the Mrs to my Mr
Topic Author

Wed Aug 03, 2011 10:02 pm

How does this sound

Beer, Wine and Softdrink will be available on a limited tab which will start around 6.30.
Spirits will be available for purchase at bar prices.

alwayz_shopping
Straddie Super Bride
Straddie Super Bride

Wed Aug 03, 2011 10:07 pm

That sounds good, it's nice and clear for your guests. Personally I would change the "around 6:30" to "at 6:30" or "on arrival" though so there's no confusion about whether it has started yet or not.

caz
Finally the Mrs to my Mr
Finally the Mrs to my Mr
Topic Author

Wed Aug 03, 2011 10:17 pm

alwayz_shopping wrote:
That sounds good, it's nice and clear for your guests. Personally I would change the "around 6:30" to "at 6:30" or "on arrival" though so there's no confusion about whether it has started yet or not.

Beer, Wine and Softdrink will be available on a limited tab which will start on our arrvial
Spirits will be available for purchase at bar prices.

alwayz_shopping
Straddie Super Bride
Straddie Super Bride

Wed Aug 03, 2011 10:20 pm

:tick: :tick:

caz
Finally the Mrs to my Mr
Finally the Mrs to my Mr
Topic Author

Wed Aug 03, 2011 10:21 pm

alwayz_shopping wrote:
:tick: :tick:

thanks

L.I.W
Insert Candy Here
Insert Candy Here

Wed Aug 03, 2011 10:45 pm

Is there an ATM on site? If not, I would maybe add 'please note there are no cash facilities on site' or 'there is no ATM at the venue' so guests come prepared.

caz
Finally the Mrs to my Mr
Finally the Mrs to my Mr
Topic Author

Wed Aug 03, 2011 10:59 pm

no atm i dont think will have to check that one but they do have EFT

carly87
The Button Lady
The Button Lady

Thu Aug 04, 2011 6:39 pm

L.I.W wrote:
Is there an ATM on site? If not, I would maybe add 'please note there are no cash facilities on site' or 'there is no ATM at the venue' so guests come prepared.

definitely a good idea to mention if there isn't one. nothing worse than having no money to buy drinks at a wedding :lol:

BubS
I need a title
I need a title

Thu Aug 04, 2011 6:49 pm

There must be some silly people out there. I would never go to a wedding assuming they had an ATM there. Heck we don't even have one at our local shopping centre!

carly87
The Button Lady
The Button Lady

Thu Aug 04, 2011 7:08 pm

BubS wrote:
There must be some silly people out there. I would never go to a wedding assuming they had an ATM there. Heck we don't even have one at our local shopping centre!

you'd be suprised :lol: there have been a few people on the forum caught off guard. think there was something about it in the 'what has annoyed you about other peoples weddings' thread.

L.I.W
Insert Candy Here
Insert Candy Here

Thu Aug 04, 2011 8:22 pm

carly87 wrote:
BubS wrote:

you'd be suprised :lol: there have been a few people on the forum caught off guard. think there was something about it in the 'what has annoyed you about other peoples weddings' thread.

Not necessarily silly, just not used to having to carry large amounts of cash on them. If I went to a wedding and there was no mention of having to buy own drinks I would probably have $20 on me at the most as 'just in case' money. If the venue then has no ATM I am really stuffed. I live in a metro area and its generally a given that there will be an ATM close by wherever you are. If you are used to that, some people might need a reminder that is not always the case. Others (and we generally do this) put most things on card, I prefer that as then I have a clear record in front of me of how much I have spent in any given week/month etc.

danatello

Fri Aug 05, 2011 4:37 pm

we're having a bar tab at our venue as well...it will be stipulated that only beer wine & softies are available on the tab. Spirit drinkers will have to shell out if that's their poison.

Lucky most of our mob tend toward beer & wine, plus no alkies among us, and only about 40 guests so we reckon the $600 we're looking to put on the bar should cover it. Might even
see if we're allowed to bring our own champers for the toasting...don't like what the venue has on offer (loathe Brut champagne!!) And as it's MY & FH's wedding, we want to drink the stuff WE LIKE! Everyone else will just have to it our way! LOL!!) raaaaaah - Bridezilla is on the loose!! :lol:

People should bring cash or cards to a wedding anyway. Never know if you need to get a cab...they're too strict with drink-driving here in WA to even contemplate going over the limit! :)
GZIP: On | Load: 0.3