A Community for Brides Planning their Wedding in Australia

Schatz
I just love to talk
I just love to talk

Re: Videography- to do or not to do?

Wed Oct 26, 2011 8:00 am

Keep in mind too - if you put 'Uncle Joe' in charge of getting video chances are he will interfere and get in the way of the photographer / cinematographer. Unfortunately I have seen it happen as I film weddings regularly. The scary thing is EVERYONE has a smartphone or compact camera with a video function and they ALL want to use it. This can make it difficult for the professionals you have spent good money on to capture your day when, in my opinion, they should be present for you at your ceremony and not concerned about getting video or photos. If they traveled all that way to see you get married - then they should do just that - sit back and enjoy it. I saw one guest stand IN the aisle during the bridal procession and block the view of half of the bride's walk into the church after the priest had made an announcement for everyone to please stay in their seats.

Again, in my opinion, that's a huge moment for the bride and groom and not only does it partially effect the outcome of your photos / video - it also may rob you of a moment you have thought about during the leadup of the event for months, if not years.
GZIP: On | Load: 0.38