A Community for Brides Planning their Wedding in Australia

KylieD
Topic Author

wedding confusion - bali please help

Mon Oct 31, 2011 2:16 pm

Hi Everyone
I know this topic has been discussed (although the comments were a bit old) but I am now JUST starting to organise my wedding in bali.

I need to know everything lol.

I am looking at the Legian area or Seminyak area.
My wedding will be probably for 50 - 100 ppl.

I have looked at all the forums in here, and there are soooo many people asking questions within questions that it was all soooo confusing.
I have googled and googled and oh my god - the list just goes on and on and on...

All i know is i want a garden wedding looking out at the beach and the reception somewhere that is AT the accomodation for all our guests or a very very short walk...

anyone that is planning on a wedding there in the near future or has just been married - all details would be great....and any links to helpful websites would be terrific...

the more i google the more confused I am getting.....

Im soooo very lost

please help

Thanks sooo much

Kyie

Cimbom
I need a title
I need a title

Re: wedding confusion - bali please help

Mon Oct 31, 2011 2:23 pm

What is your budget? That may help with suggestions :)

KylieD
Topic Author

Mon Oct 31, 2011 3:08 pm

Another problem - really dont have one, but have a rough idea as i know how much my sisters wedding cost not long ago here in Australia with 150 guests, so if it goes over that - then something is completly wrong.

For the Ceremony and wedding only - including food and drinks (and not including anything like dresses, accomodation, airfares, make-up) I would like not to spend more than $13,000. And i do think just for a ceremony and reception that is quite alot, or am i dreaming lol...

As i said after reading soo much information I am totally confused, that is why I was hoping that anyone that has gotten married there recently or are in the process of organising a wedding there could send me links for reception places and wedding plans and stuff.

I have left myself a lot of time to organise this (as just got engaged last week) so luckily i am not panicking lol...just have a major headache from all the conflicting answers and questions in threads lol

bertie7
Almost there
Almost there

Tue Nov 01, 2011 1:16 pm

My friend used Bali Weddings International and could not speak more highly of them - the boss/owner of the company Katrina was their rep and she was apparently awesome! Their wedding was really lovely too (and cheap! the most expensive thing was the flowers)... They were married at the Alila in Ubud, they had guests/family bring wine from Australia into Bali with their luggage/carry on...you won't be able to keep/bring home any flowers/bouquets due to customs. They had groomsmen shirts custom made over there. That's all I remember!

Cheers
bertie :heart:

KylieD
Topic Author

Thu Nov 03, 2011 8:30 pm

thanks Berti, that is greatly appreciated....thanks for taken your time to help me out.

I thought i would have had lots of responses and useful links by now but it seems no one is interested...
I need to hunt down another forum lol, hopefully where ppl will help me out with their own experiences..

cheers

balibridalstyle

Wed Dec 07, 2011 3:18 pm

wedding in Bali....need a professional makeup artist in Bali, just click:
http://www.balibridalstyle.co.cc/ or http://www.balibeautymakeupartist.wordpress.com/
for Balinese style wedding just see:
http://www.baliweddingstyle.com

:heart: from BALI

TasKaz
I need a title
I need a title

Wed Dec 07, 2011 3:53 pm

KylieD wrote:
thanks Berti, that is greatly appreciated....thanks for taken your time to help me out.

I thought i would have had lots of responses and useful links by now but it seems no one is interested...
I need to hunt down another forum lol, hopefully where ppl will help me out with their own experiences..

cheers

Hi Kylie. I don't think it's that people aren't interested but the number of girls who have a knowledge Bali weddings on this forum may be limited. If you're willing to wade through the Destination Weddings section you may find a lot more info. Here is the link: viewforum.php?f=46

bernie

Wed Dec 07, 2011 7:03 pm

padma resort in bali is absolutly beautiful and is located in legian which has everything local

http://www.padmaresortbali.com/photo-ga ... edding.php

missEbali
Mrs DG
Mrs DG

Thu Dec 08, 2011 7:53 am

Hey! I don't frequent this forum as much anymore.... We were married in Bali in October, we had 85 guests and were married in a private villa. Cost of our wedding was about 25-30 grand for ceremony and reception. This isn't including flights, dress, rings etc. There are plenty of ways to cut down costs etc.

If you have any more questions please just ask! :D

missEbali
Mrs DG
Mrs DG

Sat Dec 10, 2011 8:27 am

For your marriage to be recognised in Indonesia, you will need to do it under a chosen religion otherwise you can just do a blessing or civil ceremony and may need to get married at a registry in your home country.

tanieeyaa
I just love to talk
I just love to talk

Wed Dec 28, 2011 3:30 pm

My good friend had her wedding in Bali last year in September. They were married at the infinity chapel within the Conrad hotel (which has amazing amazing accommodation at not a bad price) so people can stay there as well. It is located in Nusa dua which is only a $5 cab ride into the heart of Bali but Nusa Dua is the tourist capital for accommodation. The reception you can have either in the gardens there or in a ballroom. And they said altogether it cost them $3,000 with about 50 people. The food was amazing and the wedding planner that was there was great too! Their wedding was beautiful!! The chapel is amazing and looks over the water. Look online for photos and your jaw will drop. Let me know if you have any other questions. It was the best holiday I've ever been on!

scroggy14

Wed Nov 14, 2012 6:42 pm

I Know it's been a while since anyone has posted on here, but I thought it was worth a shot.. I am planning my Bali wedding and I'm in the same position so confused!! How have you gone with organising since you first started etc? Where are you at? ANY help would be great :D
GZIP: On | Load: 0.35